Bolingbroke Penitentiary = North County Correctional Facility?

25 minutes ago, Deeclassify said:

Also inmates wouldn't take orders from them, trust me that's a bad idea OOC and IC.

Oh it would be awful. People with guard cards protecting and trying to keep inmates in line on this server? Lol what could possibly go wrong?

yxe6Or0.jpg

Edited by Brofessor

It seems to me the issue isn't TTCF, it's SD or more so the corrections side of the faction. It's disappointing as well because like others have pointed out, SD was originally founded with custodial and more criminal focused RP as the goal. Even more disappointing when TTCF and SD first dropped? They actually accomplished this goal incredibly well. Deputies had a place in the pod, the level of activity and frequency of custodial shifts allowed relationships and RP to naturally form between inmates and deputies. Jevents were really fun and worth logging in for because they were entirely player driven. Working a shift in the canteen wasn't just fun RP, it allowed for really great jail development. 

Sadly, at least in my most recent experiences this isn't the case anymore. There is rarely more then one deputy in the pod at a time and when there is, they are usually not even in the pod they just stand AFK in the observation room. While jevents seem to happen a bit more frequently now, they are a watered down version of what they once were. For example, the last few times I went to a canteen Jevent, it felt basically NPCed. No inmates had to RP cooking the meal, there was no chance for interesting RP or interactions between guards and inmates. It was just line up, walk to the canteen, pickup a tray that was put together by an NPC, sit at a table and RP eating.

This might sound like I'm trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill but I'm really not. When 95% of your RP takes place in the exact same box doing the exact same thing, any chance you get to do something different your going to maximize the opportunity. In my canteen example, an inmate is going to use the chance to work in the kitchen to do a million different things. Maybe they'll steal some food or equipment to fashion contraband, maybe they'll use that extended period time with a single officer to push the boundaries of what they can do. That could be as innocent as saying "Hey, let us cook something special for ourselves and we'll fix you up a plate" or in the opposite direction, try and identify that deputies weakness, maybe convince him to turn a blind eye to something. 

The possibilities are endless but sadly they are being squabbled. It's not entirely SD's fault, I don't blame them for wanting to do more or different things. But when SD and TTCF was added we were sold on an idea that they would exist to basically enhance to interactions between LEO's and criminals primarily through running TTCF. That's not what's happening and it needs to addressed either through doing what OP has proposed or the idea I've become more open to which is just establish an actual corrections faction. Make a state agency, a private company overseen my LFM. It doesn't matter, if SD doesn't seem to wanna manage custodial RP then another faction should take it off their plate or at least diminish their responsibility.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Just speaking from experience. The jail is a soul sucking endeavor and keeping anyone in place to run it for more than a few months is impossible (shoutout to Stephen whose the exception). 

Back when this topic raised in the past, I made an offer to many of the illegal community members with issues that they would have full autonomy if they chose to come and enact their vision for the custody section and make it active. When the rubber met the road, they took up the offer but quickly realized that very few of the illegal roleplayers that had big opinions on the forum thread were willing to help them and they eventually left (albeit there was more to it but that was the jist).

While I had always wanted to see an active ttcf full of dedicated custody deputies it simply doesn't happen for long and I can count on one hand the amount of people who retained any sort of motivation for over 2 weeks despite near autonomy and a clear path to leadership and decision making. Forcing people in the jail has lead to the unfortunate consequence of having people in the jail but with a distinct lack of interest. 

-------

Also, allow me to respond to these folks saying that sd was supposed to be custody and is now a second pd but obviously don't know what they're talking about. 

The sd isn't a budget pd and the patrol element was allowed to expand due to the overwhelming cry for quality law enforcement roleplay, a niche apparently left unfilled until November 2019. 

• Upvote 8
4 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Just speaking from experience. The jail is a soul sucking endeavor and keeping anyone in place to run it for more than a few months is impossible (shoutout to Stephen whose the exception). 

Back when this topic raised in the past, I made an offer to many of the illegal community members with issues that they would have full autonomy if they chose to come and enact their vision for the custody section and make it active. When the rubber met the road, they took up the offer but quickly realized that very few of the illegal roleplayers that had big opinions on the forum thread were willing to help them and they eventually left (albeit there was more to it but that was the jist).

While I had always wanted to see an active ttcf full of dedicated custody deputies it simply doesn't happen for long and I can count on one hand the amount of people who retained any sort of motivation for over 2 weeks despite near autonomy and a clear path to leadership and decision making. Forcing people in the jail has lead to the unfortunate consequence of having people in the jail but with a distinct lack of interest. 

-------

Also, allow me to respond to these folks saying that sd was supposed to be custody and is now a second pd but obviously don't know what they're talking about. 

The sd isn't a budget pd and the patrol element was allowed to expand due to the overwhelming cry for quality law enforcement roleplay, a niche apparently left unfilled until November 2019. 

I agree, jail duty is very much an exercise in generating your own RP in most circumstances not only for yourself but inmates. Personally out of all of this, I'd like to simply see Bolingbroke utilized as North County Correctional Facility and serve our county jail needs as opposed to Twin Towers. It's a lovely place on the map with little use right now.

8 minutes ago, radreaper100 said:

I agree, jail duty is very much an exercise in generating your own RP in most circumstances not only for yourself but inmates. Personally out of all of this, I'd like to simply see Bolingbroke utilized as North County Correctional Facility and serve our county jail needs as opposed to Twin Towers. It's a lovely place on the map with little use right now.

Honestly, it's lipstick on a pig. It won't fix the problem but instead result in hundreds of hours of mapping and redesign within the SD for little to no benefit after a few weeks and the shine wears off. 

In the end, you're best off speaking to sd faction leadership about this as in the end its their call. 

Edited by Jonesy
  • Upvote 2
  • Jonesy locked this topic