Bolingbroke Penitentiary = North County Correctional Facility?

54 minutes ago, Red. said:

There are no plans to do this, and the odds of it happening are at 1%. Reference every other "But Bolingbroke!" thread that has ever existed for the reasons why.

This just seems like poo-pooing an idea without wanting to formulate an opinion why. 

3 hours ago, radreaper100 said:

Yes, Twin Towers ingame does look comparable to TTCF in the real world despite the location geographically being way off and I recognize the yard is mostly accurate for that sort of facility. I do however think utilizing Bolingbroke as a stand-in for NCCF would work better as our county jail.

What they are saying is that there will be no tangible difference in the way these facilities are ran if Bolingbrook is rpd as a County Jail in order to maintain SD's custody position. While you are part of Custody you should be able to acknowledge that SD, their leadership, and on a structural level, has no interest in Custody. They gave gone from only custody when they first started, to 10 hours mandatory jail time, to 2.5 hours. Having people with experience in jail becoming Custody Assistants hasnt solved the issue.  What TEO is saying is right, you are suggesting taking the jail and moving it somewhere else, and that fixes none of the problem Jail Rpers face. It also nullifies every possibility of one day having a Prison, which would make more sense for the majority of active people in Jail who have been convicted. 

Again, if we're going to move to Bolingbrook State Pen. it should remain a State Pen, and there should be an entirely custody focused faction running it. Yall might say "Itll end up like park rangers!" To which Id say the following: the amount if interest in Custody rp in the SD, right now, is less interest and activity than Park Rangers. There is also a great many people who are not happy with the way SD has been ran, and who would be eager to rp a SADCR faction. Custody rpers in SD could easily make the switch.

A switch to SADCR would bring a massive boost to Prison activity if done right. We have been told in this thread that often inmates are inactive, but nobody has addressed why. Its this way because 99% of the time they will be sitting at the table with no Deputies around. While we can make our own fun, our schemes and RP is still stiffled by the lack of jevents like commissary, yard, and the like which are entirely irregular. This irregularity is unfair to the inmates. People can only sit and talk in the same room for so long. LSSD has been told about making this things regular and scheduled, and has ignored this. SADCR, being a totally custody oriented faction, would likely have a much better working relationship with inmates which could ensure quality of life changes, and this relationship no longer exists with LSSD. 

I have, with no exaggeration, been in jail from the very beginning. In that time, SDs shift in focus has been clear and apparant. No custody recruitment drive will change that. What we need is a faction entirely focused on custody. Removed entirely from the SD, and their current, 2 hours of jail time a month, culture. What we need is regularly scheduled events from which we can rp in and around. No change of setting will boost the population; it has to be a fundamental change in how the Jail is ran. 

If we go to Bolingbrook, keep it a penitentiary, and have a SADCR faction run it. Not SD. Otherwise you're just taking the problem, and pushing it somewhere else. 

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 2
4 hours ago, Ted said:

This just seems like poo-pooing an idea without wanting to formulate an opinion why. 

What they are saying is that there will be no tangible difference in the way these facilities are ran if Bolingbrook is rpd as a County Jail in order to maintain SD's custody position. While you are part of Custody you should be able to acknowledge that SD, their leadership, and on a structural level, has no interest in Custody. They gave gone from only custody when they first started, to 10 hours mandatory jail time, to 2.5 hours. Having people with experience in jail becoming Custody Assistants hasnt solved the issue.  What TEO is saying is right, you are suggesting taking the jail and moving it somewhere else, and that fixes none of the problem Jail Rpers face. It also nullifies every possibility of one day having a Prison, which would make more sense for the majority of active people in Jail who have been convicted. 

Again, if we're going to move to Bolingbrook State Pen. it should remain a State Pen, and there should be an entirely custody focused faction running it. Yall might say "Itll end up like park rangers!" To which Id say the following: the amount if interest in Custody rp in the SD, right now, is less interest and activity than Park Rangers. There is also a great many people who are not happy with the way SD has been ran, and who would be eager to rp a SADCR faction. Custody rpers in SD could easily make the switch.

A switch to SADCR would bring a massive boost to Prison activity if done right. We have been told in this thread that often inmates are inactive, but nobody has addressed why. Its this way because 99% of the time they will be sitting at the table with no Deputies around. While we can make our own fun, our schemes and RP is still stiffled by the lack of jevents like commissary, yard, and the like which are entirely irregular. This irregularity is unfair to the inmates. People can only sit and talk in the same room for so long. LSSD has been told about making this things regular and scheduled, and has ignored this. SADCR, being a totally custody oriented faction, would likely have a much better working relationship with inmates which could ensure quality of life changes, and this relationship no longer exists with LSSD. 

I have, with no exaggeration, been in jail from the very beginning. In that time, SDs shift in focus has been clear and apparant. No custody recruitment drive will change that. What we need is a faction entirely focused on custody. Removed entirely from the SD, and their current, 2 hours of jail time a month, culture. What we need is regularly scheduled events from which we can rp in and around. No change of setting will boost the population; it has to be a fundamental change in how the Jail is ran. 

If we go to Bolingbrook, keep it a penitentiary, and have a SADCR faction run it. Not SD. Otherwise you're just taking the problem, and pushing it somewhere else. 

This. I think SD need to take a step back and get back to their roots of manning the jails and the discussions of having another faction to run jails/prisons would basically dissipate over night. 

Once a specific few left the SD faction, it basically left the custody side in shambles and the constant lowering of requirements of hours and using the Custody Assistant to punish people who apply to the faction but aren't deemed good enough to become a full fledged deputy has made it basically a punishment. "Do a few months of Jail RP for us and then we'll think about making you a full deputy." 

The jail issues stem from the faction that was originally made to oversee the jail not having a vested interest in it anymore, and it's clearly apparent. 

1 hour ago, Bandit. said:

This. I think SD need to take a step back and get back to their roots of manning the jails and the discussions of having another faction to run jails/prisons would basically dissipate over night. 

Once a specific few left the SD faction, it basically left the custody side in shambles and the constant lowering of requirements of hours and using the Custody Assistant to punish people who apply to the faction but aren't deemed good enough to become a full fledged deputy has made it basically a punishment. "Do a few months of Jail RP for us and then we'll think about making you a full deputy." 

The jail issues stem from the faction that was originally made to oversee the jail not having a vested interest in it anymore, and it's clearly apparent. 

I'm not sure how you'd even implement this practically; if you want SD to focus more on jail, how do you incentivize that? As I've seen in my experience, mandatory jail hours only causes people to sit AFK in the bubble to check off their box for the month. You don't incentivize people to actually DO things in TTCF by making it a mandatory requirement to play the faction. In fact I'd say it has the inverse effect- people are even less likely to get seriously engaged with it if theres a time requirement.

I'd like to actually hear what could be done in practice that would make jail roleplay engaging for CAs and deputies. Running chow, yard, etc. creates roleplay opportunities for inmates and I understand that- but it does ultimately end up being a chore for deputies who set it up. As far as the main topic of this thread, the hype would quickly fade away and it would end up with the same issues as TTCF. I dont see an additional faction being viable- I'm not sure why theres an expectation that creating a new faction specifically for this project would assist with anything. The idea of a Corrections dept. is nice in theory but I seriously seriously doubt there would be enough interested people that would keep that fac rolling for more than a couple weeks at best.

Edited by beets
  • Upvote 3
  • Jonesy locked this topic