Stricter Enforcement on corporate business

25 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

In this case? Because no one else wants to tow, and making cops do it is fucking stupid.

When the SWAT officer returns to the scene still clad in tactical gear driving a tow truck to remove a pesky car. 10/10

50 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

In this case? Because no one else wants to tow, and making cops do it is fucking stupid.

That would only make sense if we didn't already have four legitimate, contract-based towing companies that don't venture into other businesses, operating in the city. As it stands the PD also doesn't currently have a towing program so they handle all towing internally. 

@zUgg zUgg

Do you see PD employing special people to drive tow trucks or you see cops go back to the station, grab a tow truck and come back?

Gruppe 6 is based of G4S IRL, and a mixture of a few other companies. Vehicle towing is a very big business in America and so is offered by many security services. Outsourcing to service the government is nothing unseen.

Did you know that some security companies also have fire trucks and ambulances IRL?

Do your research please in the future so half the server doesn't laugh at your posts...

Until someone creates a legitimate, active, effective towing business, everyone is going to fix the problems themselves.

Also remember that Elon Musk owns Tesla but now also Twitter. Last I checked, Twitter doesn't manufacture car parts, batteries or satellites.

Edited by zaXer.
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
3 hours ago, zaXer. said:

@zUgg zUgg

Gruppe 6 is based of G4S IRL, and a mixture of a few other companies. Vehicle towing is a very big business in America and so is offered by many security services. Outsourcing to service the government is nothing unseen.

Do yourself a favor and go to G4S website and look at what they offer, towing and vehicle recovery isn't one of them.

3 hours ago, zaXer. said:

Until someone creates a legitimate, active, effective towing business, everyone is going to fix the problems themselves.

There are four of them, you just are ill informed.

Edited by zUgg zUgg
  • Applaud 1

I love capitalism in real life and I wholeheartedly support it, but having a monopoly over other industries in-game can ruin roleplay opportunities. Comparing real life to in-game companies on the surface levels seems reasonable, but it just isn't. Expanding into new business ventures isn't just one of those things anyone does overnight; it takes legitimate planning other than just saying "hey, we can tow cars, because other security companies do it irl". No significant cost is lost if any company expands into other lines of work, which is why it's just silly as heck to allow companies to monopolize other industries in-game.  

• Upvote 2
31 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Vehicle towing is a very big business in America and so is offered by many security services. 

I'd like to see the research you did to claim something like this. I actually live in America and have had family in the tow industry and have never heard of this.

23 minutes ago, SteveHastingson said:

We have public works for towing & impound, end of story.

How to request a tow truck:

1. Set departmental to LSGOV
  2. Call for public works
  3. … 
  4. Call for public works
  5. Call for public works
  6. ERROR