Stricter Enforcement on corporate business

6 minutes ago, Law said:

Pretty sure grocery stores were also upset when an online bookstore named Amazon started selling food produce too. It sounds crazy, but that’s just expansion.

I do agree with sticking to the original scope of the business in GTAW instead of trying to do everything at once, or at very least, if you’re trying to be corporate, open subsidiaries that each provide a different service.

As for internal use of tow trucks to recover their own equipment, I don’t see the issue, but adding 1-2 tow trucks for public or private contracts as a Logistics, Taxi or Security firm? Why? 

Fair enough, I would agree internal recovery makes sense but a distribution/taxi/security company bidding out contracts with government agencies for vehicle impounding is  a stretch.  

Just now, Brofessor said:

With IMEX it’s actually an entirely separate department. The owner plans on putting applicants through a training schedule to learn how to drive the trucks properly (IC and OOC). It’s not like poof and everyone also drives tow trucks. 

So as the  IMEX representative can you give us some details why your towing division is blended into the Logistics company, how come it isn't advertised as service?

Sounds like a side gig when your main business isn't very lucrative, like you stated. Almost like you unrealistically expanded to fill a void of inactivity. Your corporate webpage shows no mention of anything towing or recovery related, its a side gig clear as that, 

I would happily provide copies of my employee handbook and a blank employment contract that clearly states employees must have properly licensing and insurance at your request.  

4 minutes ago, zUgg zUgg said:

Fair enough, I would agree internal recovery makes sense but a distribution/taxi/security company bidding out contracts with government agencies for vehicle impounding is  a stretch.  

So as the  IMEX representative can you give us some details why your towing division is blended into the Logistics company, how come it isn't advertised as service?

Sounds like a side gig when your main business isn't very lucrative, like you stated. Almost like you unrealistically expanded to fill a void of inactivity. Your corporate webpage shows no mention of anything towing or recovery related, its a side gig clear as that, 

I would happily provide copies of my employee handbook and a blank employment contract that clearly states employees must have properly licensing and insurance at your request.  

Again, you act like no one is allowed to believably expand into a similar industry. I don’t see any issue. Especially when we hire people who would also have the proper CDL’s and insurance to drive heavy equipment. If you do think it’s that big of an issue, feel free to file a report and let them sort it out.

Even if it wasn’t in the original idea for IMEX, it is a believable avenue. This is an RP server. If we were here to make everything 1:1, I suspect not many people would be having fun. 

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

With IMEX it’s actually an entirely separate department. The owner plans on putting applicants through a training schedule to learn how to drive the trucks properly (IC and OOC). It’s not like poof and everyone also drives tow trucks. 

Hence why having restrictions is stupid, let people be creative and report the people that can’t handle the freedom responsibly. There’s a difference between IMEX actually setting all that up as part of an expanding dedicated service package and a dude who’s literally just doing it because it’s OOCly hilarious because you can. 

I agree with you to an extent, there are some businesses (Including one of the ones you mentioned) that unrealistically operate like a mom and pop style business while simultaneously operating in 1-12 different business sectors. Most of the times having the same handful of characters do all the different jobs. It's unfair, it's unrealistic and it harms the RP of specialized companies like your own. But as for large corporations like like IMEX or Gruppe 6? It makes complete and perfect sense for them to strike out into every sector they possibly can. Why shouldn't the security company that's patrolling multiple business not also try to gain revenue from managing their parking lots? Why shouldn't a large logistics and trucking company that already maintains a fleet of repair trucks for their own vehicles not also try to gain revenue by providing the same service to the general public?

This is the reality of the Modern day business world. Large corporations grow, expand and swallow everything in their path while the small, specialized business has to adapt and/or fight to survive. 

• Upvote 1

Your acting like diversification and Expansion aren't things that happen in modern day society with businesses all the time.

The reason many of these companies are even coming forward is because towing isn't profitable in the most part meaning not a hell of a lot of exclusive towing businesses exist within the server mainly due to OOC constraints. IRL there are many towing companies and roadside recovery companies who dominate the market meaning the barriers to entry are high, To compete with these you'd need a stupid amount of capital/exposure in order to even break into the market.

In world anyone can buy a tow truck and make a little bit of money on the side, Many of these companies you've listed have seen a gap in the market and as such are attempting to fill it, Make a little bit of cash on the side and run with it.

If you're really going for a 1:1 model, If trucking died a death IRL and nobody was sending packages I'm sure the trucking companies would find a way to diversify into different avenues to stay afloat using there driver skillsets and company capital. IRL trucking will never die, World is a different story.

All I see are business owners attempting to diversify and expand within themselves, I'd agree with you if G6 were opening a Café or IMEX were opening a nightclub, Or Habeeb just decided to jump into the Airsoft market, As neither skillset nor working capital or fleet would help with any of the above, But we're talking about trained drivers of Both large and small vehicles, mostly with an already existing Flatbed/Tow Fleet, Why not make use of them in a different way and provide some healthy competition to the servers economy.

If they're that unskilled at what they're proclaiming to do then the way you run your business will help you to come out on top in the end, Take it as some healthy competition and roll with it.

9 minutes ago, Jax said:

Full on agree with @zUgg zUgg.

Some of the arguments here are basically saying that people don't wanna work with others and wanna do everything themselves.

Ironic, the OP is basically saying the same thing lol. 

“They can’t expand into my business, how dare they do something else? I want all the business for myself.”

Sure some of the businesses mentioned wouldn’t be believable, but not all of them. 

Edited by Brofessor

I do believe that seeing the range of businesses we have in the server, it'd be natural for otherwise niche industries to expand into adjacent services that they wouldn't necessarily do IRL but would make sense thematically. I don't necessarily have an issue with a business like IMEX which has the infrastructure for it to use their vehicles for towing, considering that for example IRL logistics companies do sometimes transport vehicles depending on where they specialize. I can only guess that this has been the case for Habeeb expanding from a taxi company to other compatible services for someone who owns a huge fleet of vehicles and space for them.

I mentioned this example in the past with another business: something like a cleaner company for hire, that you might hire for the RP of cleaning your business (and which people would be instantly tempted to give the illegal perk of disposing of bodies/crime scene cleanup) moving into adjacent service like say, for example, pest control or stuff like gardening. Yes, you could have independent businesses for each service, but niche industries in this server have a very poor survival rate and often are hard to reach and RP with, versus big businesses offering additional optional service packages that encourage RP, while backed by a larger company with more consistent activity.

The guy that is hiring one necessary RP service from a company is more likely to bite and want premium services, than go out of his way to find the one company really into that very specific thing that doesn't open regularly because there's no IC need for it to be constantly busy since people rarely waste money on services the script doesn't demand they pay for.

Edited by Koko

full on agree with OP. Literally half of the contractors are legitimate tow and recovery services. The other half consists of a trucking company, limo service, private security company, and a taxi company. Kind of weird seeing these types of businesses jump on a tow call. 

Edited by Camacho
3 hours ago, zUgg zUgg said:

Gruppe 6 - A GTA5 (lore) SECURITY company is also now an active towing partner under contract with the Sheriffs Department. Again, why are we letting companies jump businesses,

In this case? Because no one else wants to tow, and making cops do it is fucking stupid.

Edited by pateuvasiliu