[PODCAST] Claire-Voyance Episode Seven

unknown.png

(left to right: M A S K)

* The intro of "Do You Believe In Magic? plays for a few seconds before it turns to background noise. ((Claire Skye))*
Claire Skye says: Welcome back to Claire-Voyance! Ok, so. Tori got her choice of guest last time. My turn.
Claire Skye says: So tonight we're going to be vibing with the one and only DJ Mask. Seriously, thanks again for doing this.
Casper Lamont says: Pleasure to be here yo. Can I just say~
Casper Lamont says: This place is giving me some massive Fact or Fiction vibes. Jonathan Frakes where?
* Casper Lamont chuckles heartily.
* Claire Skye chuckles at that.
Victoria Moore says: If you thought this as a true story... well we lied.

Casper Lamont says: Nah for real. Thanks for havin' me.
Casper Lamont says: I hope we using that crystal ball later for some magics.
Claire Skye says: Sounds like my kinda day. But, uh. To start with. About the Facebrowser group and accidental invitation that kicked all this off...
* Claire Skye gives a nervous chuckle.
Victoria Moore says: We are glad you could join us. I am also here like usual making sure all of our audio is not terrible. Ya'll might not hear as much from me... I know stop cheering... Because admittedly, I have several talents, music is certianly not one.
Claire Skye says: I mean. It's a weird sort of music, podcasts.
Claire Skye says: But yeah, I got a bit of a story for everyone.
Victoria Moore says: Oh? Well do feel free to 'spill the tea' as they say, Claire.
Claire Skye says: Few weeks back at the Crypt I was partying and was told... don't remember specifically. That Mel had dared me to make a Facebrowser page for the DJ Mask fanclub, after naming me the president of it.
Casper Lamont says: I have been invited as a prominent member.
* Claire Skye laughs with a sigh.
Claire Skye says: I literally put the description as, "Mask, if you see this, no you didn't."
* Victoria Moore chuckles lightly.
* Casper Lamont chuckles lightly as he leans back.
Claire Skye says: You were on the list for who to invite to it and my phone fumbled. Picked it up, saw it sent and internally screamed for a moment.
Casper Lamont says: Damn tech, always failin' us at the worst of times. Right?
Claire Skye says: Exactly. Let's just hope it doesn't fail us now.
Claire Skye says: But yeah. SOMEBODY... encouraged me to use this as a chance to invite you on the podcast.
Casper Lamont says: Well, look at that.
Victoria Moore says: I mean... we /do/ have a schedule to fill.
* Victoria Moore chuckles once again.
* Claire Skye chuckles along.
Casper Lamont says: I mean, circles of fate right? Here we are and I'm super humbled.
Casper Lamont says: Everybody wins.
Victoria Moore says: So... for the benefit of those who might know too much about you. Would you mind giving our audience a little primer on... who really /is/ DJ Mask?
Claire Skye says: Oh. Right. Show. Questions. Shit.
* Casper Lamont ominously leans in to the microphone, voice coming out a whispery rasp.
Casper Lamont says: The real question is... who /isn't/ DJ Mask?
* Claire Skye shudders for a second, laughing it off.
* Casper Lamont leans back - chuckling.
* Victoria Moore chuckles.
Casper Lamont says: Naah, I mean.
Victoria Moore says: “You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.”
Claire Skye says: Starting on the wise quotes early I see.
Victoria Moore says: I gotta be good for something.
Casper Lamont says: Mask is just a DJ tryin' to do right by the book he's been writing, you know - to put it into perspective.
Casper Lamont says: 'Cause I clearly don't have a simple explanation.
Casper Lamont says: Tradition. Innovation. Evolution.
Casper Lamont says: Fallin' out of the spectrum of what the wider public considers uh.. normal, I guess?
Casper Lamont says: People find me outlandish, weird as fuck most of the times but really I'm just a dude who spends his days holed up in a studio ~ weekends out for blood in the DJ booths.
Victoria Moore says: Someone spends days holed up in a studio... Whatever do you mean?

* Claire Skye chuckles along with Tori's comment.

Casper Lamont says: Oh, you know. Exploring what became my bread and butter over the years.
Casper Lamont says: And yeah, let's get this out of the way first. Billboard 100's ain't my jam so for peeps out there who like Malibu style clubbing? Avert your eyes.
Claire Skye says: And you're good at it- I noticed your sort of 'style' of DJ has been shaking up a little.
Casper Lamont says: F'sure. By exploring, I mean it. Just getting deeper into the plethora of genres, feel unrestricted.
Claire Skye says: Honestly, happy for you. But as for questions... where do I start.
Claire Skye says: Ok, first, why Hircine? What did Sheogorath do to you?
* Claire Skye snickers.
* Casper Lamont laughs heartily at the question.
Casper Lamont says: Well, y'know. Bumping in the night, playing pieces that make the whole building shake. It's like goin' out for a hunt, expanding the limits.
Casper Lamont says: So, who's a better pick to worship than a spirit is the hunt?
Claire Skye says: Very valid point.
Casper Lamont says: Go hard, go deep, draw the blood - repeat.
Casper Lamont says: That may have came off wrong, but shieeet..
Victoria Moore says: And I'll be looking forward to the memes, wrong answers only, in the comments.
* Claire Skye cracks up.
Claire Skye says: Yes, good.
* Casper Lamont breaks it up with a chuckle.
Casper Lamont says: Memes are good.
Claire Skye says: Hell yeah.
Victoria Moore says: Well, I guess I'll throw in an extremely boring question. Are you a native to our fair city? Or did you sumble upon this little slice of heav— perg... hell?
* Claire Skye laughs under their breath.
Casper Lamont says: Well, no ~ I'm not American, though over the years I've become this role-model, law-abiding citizen.
Casper Lamont says: I feel like it wouldn't be wrong to say I'm native.
* Casper Lamont laughs a moment.
Casper Lamont says: No, no. I was born in Nishinomiya. Long way from home, one would say but.
Casper Lamont says: Hell, this is my home now.
Claire Skye says: Good, this place needs a bit of variety to make it bearable.
Victoria Moore says: Well, I got kind of a boilerplate question I ask most of our guests. From when you first arrived until now... Do you see... well what do you see as being the biggest change?
Casper Lamont says: Y'mean like from my perspective?
Victoria Moore says: Yes, please.
Claire Skye says: Yeah, kinda ask everyone. Always interesting.
Victoria Moore says: Not everyone sees the same things, has the same perspective. it's nice to hear as many as we can.
Casper Lamont says: Yea, I mean it'sa good question.
Casper Lamont says: But to answer it, honestly.
Casper Lamont says: Myself. And nahhh, I ain't an egomaniac.
* Claire Skye snickers.
Claire Skye says: You had us in the first half, not gonna lie.
Victoria Moore says: I mean that is a valid answer. I'd of course... follow it up with... 'in what way'?
Casper Lamont says: I follow the change in the city, for real. It's just not on the top of my list, so yeah. The biggest change for me ever since I came here, was myself.
Casper Lamont says: It's been near four years now, and like ~ three of those I've been doing this whole DJ shenanigans.
Casper Lamont says: But as for the first year? Damn, I was just a lost, dumb sheep.
Claire Skye says: Kinda goes into the question I've been wanting to ask. How'd you get here? What made you start making music?
Casper Lamont says: So, when you find somethin' that helps you evolve as a person in your own way. You know you gotta stick to it.
Casper Lamont says: Well, first of all music, right? Been a major part of my life as far as I can remember.
Casper Lamont says: Go back three years and some change, I met Leo - rest in peace. Most folk may just remember him as LeCamp.
Claire Skye says [low]: Rest in peace...
Casper Lamont says: One thing lead to another and bam. We're homies outta nowhere.
Casper Lamont says: And yeah, it started out as this weird, plastic friendship. But~
Casper Lamont says: I ain't really had anywhere to go, and this dude showed up outta nowhere - offering a /helping hand/ so to say. Damn right, I took it.
Casper Lamont says: Why? 'Cause he was intrigued. Now, people gonna say - 'man that's stupid, you look like a fucking junkie'. Yeah, I did back then MORE than I do now, believe it or nah.
Claire Skye says [low]: Good for you dude.
Casper Lamont says: He just looked past the cover, our beatin' hearts of music were what brought us closer. One thing led to another, and he introduced me to the whole DJ craft.
Casper Lamont says: Now, back then - we were all a big posse, living at his crib - rent free.
Casper Lamont says: He was with this girl, name was Rina. Yeah, that Rina - techno Queen DJ of days past.
Casper Lamont says: And while Leo was the dude to introduce me to all this ~ she was the one willing to offer a mentoring touch.
Casper Lamont says: So we were this DJ triumvirate, hah. Rina had the whole Techno shit covered. Leo was ultra mainstream, Mr. Humble. And I? Well.
Casper Lamont says: When I showed 'em my first set. I ain't sure to this day if they were in awe or pure terror.
* Casper Lamont cackles heartily.
* Claire Skye laughs along.
Casper Lamont says: I mean, they got me spinning up DNB mixed with Midtempo and a sprinkle of Hardstyle?
Casper Lamont says: Shit was unorthodox back then, more than it's now.
Casper Lamont says: But they knew, even back then I had somethin' I gotta prove - to myself over anybody else. They ain't never doubted me, not once.
Casper Lamont says: But people come, people go ~ they both gone, so rest with the stars.
Claire Skye says: Wow... man.
Casper Lamont says: And now we ask~ was that a Fact? Or Fiction? Find out in the next clip.
* Claire Skye snickers.
* Casper Lamont laughs heartily, leaning back as he downs an apologetic nod to the duo.
Victoria Moore says: Hey I liked that show, some of the stories were kind bonkers.
Casper Lamont says: Not gonna lie, some of that shit was nightmare fuel for me.
Casper Lamont says: Like, the possessed piano story? HELL NAH.
Claire Skye says: Yeaaaaaaaaaah.
Casper Lamont says: I got CDJs at studio that start playing on they own.
Casper Lamont says: I'm living it.
Victoria Moore says: The one where the person was trapped in a tomb and was communicating with someone via hieroglyphs in e-mail form?
* Casper Lamont laughs.
* Claire Skye laughs along.
Casper Lamont says: THE CURSED BAKERY STORY?
* Casper Lamont shivers lightly.
Casper Lamont says: Maaan~
Victoria Moore says: Eeeegh.
Claire Skye says: Oh boy, we're getting really spooky now.
Claire Skye says: But, yeah. I could just hang out and talk to you forever, my dude. But, I just have like. One or two more questions.
Casper Lamont says: Bring'em in.
Victoria Moore says: Go for it Claire, this is a special show, afterall!
Claire Skye says: Ok, first off, where did "ghouls" come from?
Claire Skye says: I mean I'm here for it.
Casper Lamont says: Two words? Nuclear. Fallout.
Claire Skye says: Ohhhhhhhhhhh.
Victoria Moore says: War.... war never changes.
Casper Lamont says: Now you see, I'm more of a Todd Howard guy than Gaben fanobi.
* Casper Lamont cackles lightly.
Casper Lamont says: For real though. The tunes I play sometimes~
Casper Lamont says: They get super GRAVELY and the bass just calls out to the afterlife.
Casper Lamont says: But we alive. And what else is dead & alive? Zombies. But ew, Zombies is super 2000's.
Casper Lamont says: G h o u l s.
Casper Lamont says: Now that has a proper ring to it.
Claire Skye says: Fucking iconic.
Claire Skye says: Seriously though I'm glad it wasn't just Fallout ghouls. Don't see the resemblance.
* Claire Skye snickers before sighing.
Casper Lamont says: Layers Claire~ Layers. Onions.
Casper Lamont says: Ain't you seen Shrek?
* Claire Skye wheeze-laughs.
* Casper Lamont wheezes.
Claire Skye says: Shrek was a cinematic masterpiece.
Casper Lamont says: Yeah, let's not dwell into the fandom. Shit goes DEEEEEEP.
Claire Skye says: Yeaaaaaah, let's. Ok, though. So this one is kinda deeper and if you don't feel like going into it, that's all cool but.
Casper Lamont says: ...Lay it on me.
Claire Skye says: What made you decide this? The skull? Is it just because it looks cool- which it does- or does it have some sort of meaning?
Casper Lamont says: Oh, yeah~ You know I'm a big sucker for symbolism. So~
Casper Lamont says: When I was like, nineteen. I suffered a neck injury. Was actually an open wound on the front of my neck, across like this.
Claire Skye says [low]: Damn...
Casper Lamont says: And I was a poor fucker, so the medical attention I could afford was just not enough to uh.. get it properly fixed.
Casper Lamont says: There was some infection and uh.. yeah, that got to my vocal cords, which messed 'em up.
Casper Lamont says: Talking was damn near impossible without putting tears in my eyes. So I just, you know. Didn't do it.
Casper Lamont says: It kinda rendered me mute per-se. And the scar wasn't nice either~
Casper Lamont says: So after a while, I came to a conclusion.
Victoria Moore says: Laryngeal trauma can be pretty... have a wide array of effects, and that's not... that surprising given an infection.
Casper Lamont says: Fuck it, if this part of me dead?
Casper Lamont says: Bam, bam - I got a tattoo made. Skeletal, 'cause what else represents the afterlife better than a good ol' skelly?
Casper Lamont says: Yeah, the first iteration of it was REALLY BAD.
Casper Lamont says: I got photos, you don't wanna see 'em.
* Claire Skye can't help a small chuckle at that.
Casper Lamont says: Over the years, I remained dedicated - even after scrubbing enough for a larynx surgery.
Casper Lamont says: The recovery was bad, but worth it. And the tat only got more evolved over the years.
Casper Lamont says: Fair to say, it's just an inseparable part of me at this point.
Claire Skye says: Shit... ...so you're a bit of a ghoul yourself, huh?
Casper Lamont says: Ah, you see? Layers. It all comes together beautifully, don't it?
Claire Skye says: Sure does.
Claire Skye says: Tori, is it time?
Victoria Moore says: Why Claire, I think it very much is.
Claire Skye says: So before we go, we like to do a big uno reverse where you're the one who can ask either of us anything.
Victoria Moore says: It always goes well.
Casper Lamont says: Alright. Alright~
Casper Lamont says: Alright. Tori, gimme your guilty pleasure, keep it civilized. Claire? What hair color is next? Go.
Victoria Moore says: Oh, easy. Glazed donuts. I"m quite simple at heart.
Casper Lamont says: Shoutout Glucose Guardians ayy.
Claire Skye says: Depends on what makes me change it. If something big happens in my life that's the first thing that changes with it. Maybe a lighter green? Who knows.
* Casper Lamont laughs heartily.
Casper Lamont says: Thank you both, my curiosity is sated.
Victoria Moore says: Well, this has been quite an episode, wouldn't you say Claire?
Claire Skye says: I really would. Might be my favorite so far but I'm biased.
Casper Lamont says: Awh, stahp.
Victoria Moore says: No sneak peek for next week. It's going to be a surprise. But I very much want to thank this week's guest for joining us.
Claire Skye says: It was nice to sit down and talk with you, man. Sorry for the stan behavior before.
* Claire Skye chuckles.
Victoria Moore says: Anyone have any shout-outs today?
Claire Skye says: Glucose Guardians already got shouted out but fuck it, they're endorsed.
Victoria Moore says: Well, two shoutouts isn't a first at least.
Claire Skye says: I think that's it then. Hope you guys had as much fun as we did. 
Victoria Moore says: I do have a reverse shout-out though. A place of business which treated my co-host quite disrespectfully.
Claire Skye says: Ohhhhhhh.
Claire Skye says: See, I wasn't going to bring it up.
Victoria Moore says: Since they mentioned they listen to this podcast I am not going to say the name.
Claire Skye says: Indeed, fuck you very much.
Victoria Moore says: But I will say, you need to do better, calling someone who doesn't conform to your norms 'it'. Not cool.
Claire Skye says: I mean. Yeah, do better.
Victoria Moore says: As for the rest of you lovely listeners, I hope you join us again next week.
Victoria Moore says: Say goodnight, Claire.
Claire Skye says: Goodnight, ghouls! ...Huh. Not the same.
* Casper Lamont leans in to the mic, cackling.
Casper Lamont says: Goodnight Claire.
Victoria Moore says: HE GOT IT!
Casper Lamont says: And Hail Hircine, midnight wanderers.
* Victoria Moore laughs the episode out.

Username:

Comment:

Edited by mah1na
finished it!!!
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1