Remove the ads from the forum and facebrowser

As title suggests. Tons of people donate every month via WP. 

The forum doesn't  need to be monitised, and it just shouts greed

Edit: Added Facebrowser to this too

Edited by TotalDeeJay
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Welsh changed the title to Remove the ads from the forum and facebrowser
7 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

Forums and FB have ads now? I don't see any...

Just log out and you'll see them - there's plenty of them.

I'm not bothered by that, but I get your point. Not sure how finance works for GTA WORLD, and if the money are enough to keep the server up, so that's why I'm not totally against it - also, this is a free server after all, they might have added ads to make some money out of it. 

23 minutes ago, SOCRATES said:

hey man, they appear even with AdBlocker. I have 3 AdBlockers added on my Opera but they still appear if you log out.

Ahh I see what you mean. Had to log out to see it.

Regardless, I'm not bothered seeing it just like the others. My two cents.

Oh so you have to log out to see them. It's not that big of a deal honestly. It's not like the ads are interfering with your ability to use the forums or FB. Just ignore them. 

And do keep in mind that with the recent Panda Points system, Nervous might need some extra side money to make up for the less people buying world points. So I wouldn't necessarily call it greed.

I understand if this was a YouTube situation where you're forced to watch an advertisement on an air freshener for five minutes, but many of us don't see it. Players who do view these advertisements have to be logged off in most cases. Players purchasing world points as you have mentioned do not affect this. They are for optional perks for which we are not entitled to even receive. This issue seems inconsequential. 

• Upvote 1