Make reports against staff for breaking server rules public.

joshua

My suggestion is to change the policy on staff reports and remove this clause:

• breaks a rule, whether it is an in-game, forum or Discord rule;

If a staff member breaks an in-game rule and needs to be reported for it, it should be shown publicly just as any regular player report is. It has nothing to do with them misusing admin powers, it has nothing admin-sensitive related to it. Reports should not be closed purely because someone involved in the situation is a staff member. I've made this kind of thread before and Nervous clarified his agreement to my view, and believed that this was already the process (it wasn't)

9FeNQp6.png

Given that I have now seen another report closed because an accused party is a member of staff (https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/73858-tang-folau-1/#comment-789072), and I believe the outcome of the report would be beneficial to display publicly as it shows how these situations are usually handled and if it's worth reporting the incident if a similar situation happens to you, alongside the fact we shouldn't be hiding misconduct from the playerbase given regular player reports are public.

TLDR: I think staff reports should NOT be filed just because a staff member broke a regular rule and is being reported for it. these should be handled in the open the same as any player report.

Accountability. I’m not sure why it’s not already a thing. They aren't staff when they are a regular player off duty. Treat them like anyone else. If the result of a report results in someone feeling there was staff bias, then a staff report is needed. 

Edited by Brofessor
1 hour ago, Dreams & Nightmares said:

Absolutely. People tend to forget that staff members are from the same community and follow the same server rules. They shouldn’t worry this becoming a thing, if they follow all the rules. Right?

Sensitive things could be always blurred if there is anything in the chat visible.

+1

Edited by sico
  • Björk locked this topic