Cops and Robbers

Bandit.

3 minutes ago, Timzii said:

Admins can see the logs of who entered the vehicle at certain time. I'm sure if you probably forward it with accurate time and whatnot, they can figure out who was driving a certain car. ICly it'd obviously be logged as you're assigned a vehicle before the shift, so that's one solution.

Admins won't do it. We were already shut down that they won't go searching through vehicle logs over and over to find this out via another issue involving vehicles and a company I work for. See where I'm going with this? The point of the thread was to raise awareness with an issue and a problem that is simply just bigger than, "report it IC". Instead everyone in the same LEO group comes on to shit on the OP who raised a genuine concern, just because it's targeted at LEO's. It's just sick, to be honest.

Edited by Brofessor
4 minutes ago, Sam2 said:

No.  We do not have the ability to see who went out in what car. Cars are in a pool assigned to each division/bureau. You can't narrow down most cars to a particular person. 

Thank you for clarifying. This is the issue I was trying to bring up all along. Telling us to report it IC is useless, with this fact.

Just now, Brofessor said:

Admins won't do it. We were already shut down that they won't go searching through vehicle logs over and over to find this out via another issue involving vehicles and a company I work for. See where I'm going with this? The point of the thread was to raise awareness with an issue and a problem that is simply just bigger than, "report it IC". Instead everyone in the same LEO group comes on to shit on the OP. It's just sick, to be honest.

I wasn't aware of admins not wanting to do this. Any time I needed to do get prints off a vehicle or any related information of who was inside the vehicle they were happy to help me out. Maybe a script suggestion of faction leaders having the ability to view who was in their faction vehicles at a certain time is needed to make this easier for you and everyone else. Game suggestions are always welcomed for QoL improvements.

1 minute ago, Timzii said:

I wasn't aware of admins not wanting to do this. Any time I needed to do get prints off a vehicle or any related information of who was inside the vehicle they were happy to help me out. Maybe a script suggestion of faction leaders having the ability to view who was in their faction vehicles at a certain time is needed to make this easier for you and everyone else. Game suggestions are always welcomed for QoL improvements.

That would in fact, be a positive step. Then it's possible to actually narrow down who was driving and reporting IC now becomes a possibility.

Edited by Brofessor
Just now, Timzii said:

Well it's obvious, it brings more work for staff and if people knew about this I reckon IA would be flooded with reports against cops or "yeah fuck twelve" just to harrass the patrols.

Just now, Engelbert said:

Well it's obvious, it brings more work for staff and if people knew about this I reckon IA would be flooded with reports against cops or "yeah fuck twelve" just to harrass the patrols.

I mean, people literally apply to be accepted in these positions and essentially accept the consequences which come along with having such position, don't they?

Just now, Timzii said:

I mean, people literally apply to be accepted in these positions and essentially accept the consequences which come along with having such position, don't they?

Yes but you forget, that sometimes people mix IC and OOC and do OOC stuff ICLY just to mock someone or ruin their roleplay sesh. And as with everything, people will abuse any system in place, cause they can. Not everything IC is actually IC.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Timzii said:

I wish. I waited on a /report last night for 3 hours before I gave up. Watched countless (3-4 to be precise) admins come online and completely ignore my report. It was way after peak time and less than 250 people were online. They just don't want to do it. It's very discouraging when we were genuinely trying to get some information on one vehicle log.

Edited by Brofessor
  • Moe locked this topic