Cops and Robbers

Bandit.

2 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

"You can always report the said instance to Internal Affairs too."

Report what? A plate number? Do you have shift logs of who drove what car and when? If not, how does this help?

Reporting OOC'ly for what? An IC law that cops break? That report would get shut down quick, probably with the same answer to take care of it IC, to which I've demonstrated is futile.

I would take care of this IC'ly if there was a reasonable way to do it. Reporting to supervisors? Come on really? Half the time they don't care. You know how many times I've called non-emergency only to not get any response? There is a time that this becomes an OOC issue.

Infact that's how it works. And that's why each car is given it's number and code. 

Just now, LennyVL said:

then what do you expect to happen?

Change. That's why the thread is here. Instead the lot of you all showed up in a group to shit on the guy and clown a genuine concern, just because you all think it isn't an issue. Real good group of guys.

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

Infact that's how it works. And that's why each car is given it's number and code. 

So you're telling me PD has a shift log that knows each specific officer and what car they were in and when? Is this in writing somewhere that can be referenced if a vehicle is reported at a specific time?

Edited by Brofessor
Just now, Brofessor said:

Change. That's why the thread is here. Instead the lot of you all showed up in a group to shit on the guy and clown a genuine concern, just because you all think it isn't an issue. Real good group of guys.

how do you expect change to happen if you literally don't know who's doing what you say they're doing and can't report them?

you seriously expected people to read this thread and think "omg so inspirational im gonna change my ways at once"?

4 minutes ago, LennyVL said:

how do you expect change to happen if you literally don't know who's doing what you say they're doing and can't report them?

you seriously expected people to read this thread and think "omg so inspirational im gonna change my ways at once"?

No, I honestly expected exactly what happened. Not surprised at all that you all came on here at once to gang up on the OP.

Edited by Brofessor
2 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

So you're telling me PD has a shift log that knows each specific officer and what car they were in and when?

I dunno if they do, but that's how the system works irl. However this code is only known to PD. So they can identify each patrol and where they are.

Edited by Engelbert

I dunno if they do, but that's how the system works irl. However this code is only known to PD. So they can identify each patrol and where they are.

This isn't real life and it doesn't work that way here, the way its been explained to me. If they are still in the car and there's a supervisor on duty they could probably find out who's driving obviously. But if I report to Internal Affairs with a plate number and a date/time, I've been told there's no way to identify who was in the car.

Edited by Brofessor

No.  We do not have the ability to see who went out in what car. Cars are in a pool assigned to each division/bureau. You can't narrow down most cars to a particular person. 

Just now, Brofessor said:

But if I report to Internal Affairs with a plate number and a date/time, I've been told there's no way to identify who was in the car.

Admins can see the logs of who entered the vehicle at certain time. I'm sure if you probably forward it with accurate time and whatnot, they can figure out who was driving a certain car. ICly it'd obviously be logged as you're assigned a vehicle before the shift, so that's one solution.

• Moe locked this topic