Cops and Robbers

Bandit.

3 minutes ago, Timzii said:

Same goes for the alleged cops skipping intersections and breaking the law, report them ICly.

Again back to the solution that's not a solution. How do you expect us to do that? When they skip an intersection should we chase them down and get them to stop and ask for their badge number? Reporting the plate does nothing because there's nothing identifying about the plate and who is actually in the vehicle. Your solution is literally useless. Please, I'm all ears.

A cop runs through an intersection illegally. What should I do to report them IC'ly at this point? Break it down for me.

Edited by Brofessor
4 minutes ago, Bandit. said:

We have; uphold your own roleplay as we're expected to as illegal roleplayers. 

Address anybody you see doing that stuff on an in character basis, as we're expected to do as illegal roleplayers.

Get rid of subpar roleplayers, as we're expected to as illegal roleplayers.

1) every LEO RP'er is already expected to do so, hence it is a problem that cannot be solved via this topic as it will have to target specific players, and those who don't RP LEO properly won't give a rat's ass about yet another topic on the forums

2) people will choose IC'ly who to report and who not to, you can't change people's IC mentality with an OOC topic

3) subpar RP'ers already get yeeted. people who aren't yeeted probably aren't as subpar as you think

also stop comparing LEO to illegal RP, if LEO's were to start RP'ing up to the standard a lot of illegal factions seem to uphold...

2 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

Again back to the solution that's not a solution. How do you expect us to do that? When they skip an intersection should we chase them down and get them to stop and ask for their badge number? Reporting the plate does nothing because there's nothing identifying about the plate and who is actually in the vehicle. Your solution is literally useless. Please, I'm all ears.

A cop runs through an intersection illegally. What should I do to report them IC'ly at this point? Break it down for me.

You can't really do anything ICly.  But if you record it you can just make their faction look bad OOC until they enforce the rules better internally

1 minute ago, Paenymion said:

You can't really do anything ICly.

This is the point I was getting at. All these cops saying to "report them IC'ly" when you can't. This is in fact the problem.

Should I turn around and chase them until I can make them stop? Yell out the window and ask for their badge number? How do they think that will go? There's no IC recourse, so telling us to report it IC'ly is just toxic at this point.

Edited by Brofessor
Just now, Paenymion said:

But if you record it you can just make their faction look bad OOC until they enforce the rules better internally

this... if there are so many encounters as you say, take the time to record every single one of them, put them into a video and make LEO factions look bad

1 minute ago, LennyVL said:

this... if there are so many encounters as you say, take the time to record every single one of them, put them into a video and make LEO factions look bad

But what happened to report it IC'ly? Now we have to record it OOC'ly and make a video to get some change?

Yeah, you're helping a lot.

Edited by Brofessor
  • Moe locked this topic