Cops and Robbers

Bandit.

1 minute ago, Ted said:

Terrible to see players once again take any criticism of LEO RP in bad faith. I think there is a legitamet issue from the former LEO rpers Ive talked to regarding this cops and robbers, rather than rp mindset. The solution to it, I don't know. 

there's literally nothing we can do with this topic... cops are already expected to properly RP and follow laws and ...

the only way to combat things like these is by identifying the individual cops and them being reported and if they did infact do something wrong they'll get dealt with

if you can't do that, well... tough luck. this topic will get locked in no more than 24 hours probably.

4 minutes ago, Timzii said:

You can't expect serious replies when the op himself makes a bait post to cause provocation. Make a serious thread with actual points outlined which are making LEO's 'subpar' rpers along with their actions and maybe you'll get serious replies. Just my thoughts, respectfully.

how was it bait? whoever decided to post it in your units discord made it look as that and you followed suit. a legitimate question was posed by bandit, highlighting a very real issue, and the fact that you see it as bait highlights another ; the aforementioned inabilitiy to see and take criticism.

but to get back on track; traffic light rules should be looked at by the lawmakers of our time

3 minutes ago, Bandit. said:

You can ask almost any illegal RPer that I interacted with on Ryan Hulsey, I never tried to overstep a boundary or give them the benefit of the doubt to get out of a situation. 

vouch

Edited by Snoot
  • Upvote 1
Just now, LennyVL said:

the only way to combat things like these is by identifying the individual cops and them being reported and if they did infact do something wrong they'll get dealt with

if you can't do that, well... tough luck. this topic will get locked in no more than 24 hours probably.

Except you can not scriptwise identify the officer in the vehicle by any means of the server. You'd have to literally stop them and ask for their badge number. Your solution is one-sided and is in fact not a solution at all.

Just now, Brofessor said:

Except you can not scriptwise identify the officer in the vehicle by any means of the server. You'd have to literally stop them and ask for their badge number. Your solution is one-sided and is in fact not a solution at all.

then propose a solution to the problem

16 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

Please don't lock just yet. There seems to be a genuine confusion of the new rule as seen here. Traffic police seem to be under the impression running redlights is no longer against the law, but as seen here it is. Four way stops. This has to be clarified.

-- SNIP --

This thread should be, imo, locked at this point. Both sides are bickering with each other as well as blatant assumptions are made here which is not productive nor constructive. Thank you.

Edited by thekillergreece
Removed.
7 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

As a person who slows down and stops at intersections, I find this assumption straight up insulting. I'm gonna ask you to be respectful and refrain from making such assumptions. Just cause I misunderstood something it does not mean I, or entire Traffic division, speeds through the intersections.

Even then, it's an in-character issue which should be pursued via IC channels.

This thread should be, imo, locked at this point. Both sides are bickering with each other as well as blatant assumptions are made here which is not productive nor constructive. Thank you.

What part of my post was disrespectful? I had a genuine concern that the law wasn't being enforced properly because of an OOC misunderstanding. I did not insult you. I did not insinuate you were stupid. I have nothing against you. I merely pointed at as you posted, that what you thought was not understood correctly and wanted more clarification, so everything can be taken IC correctly. If members of Traffic Police do not understand the new changes in an OOC manner, how can we expect them to followed correctly in an IC manner? Chill out.

Also we can not identify the police driving the vehicle unless we physically stop them and ask for their badge number. Reporting the plate does nothing. What you are suggesting as an IC solution, is in fact not a solution. We can't report you individually when we can't identify who is in the car.

Edited by Brofessor
2 minutes ago, LennyVL said:

then propose a solution to the problem

We have; uphold your own roleplay as we're expected to as illegal roleplayers. 

Address anybody you see doing that stuff on an in character basis, as we're expected to do as illegal roleplayers.

Get rid of subpar roleplayers, as we're expected to as illegal roleplayers.

36 minutes ago, Bandit. said:

Recently I've noticed that LEO RPers have been given a blanket excuse to stop any vehicle for not stopping at each and every intersection in the game. While I'm not gonna complain about that, but what's up with LEO's not stopping and following basic traffic laws? I refuse to believe that every cop has the required corruption perms to run every light and stop sign in game. They also only acknowledge this law when it comes time to stop an illegal RPer. I believe at this point it's becoming a portrayal issue.

Another issue in itself is when cops ALPR snipe you; yes you heard me and you've probably seen it. Cops will come straight at you and then turn off a few seconds before impact to grab your plate information. It's also apparent when a cop stops in the middle of a road and just waits for you to pass them for them to give you some excuse as to why you're being stopped. These things all become impactful when it's every cop in the city doing it. As I write this I've witnessed a handful of cops doing it.

Anyone think this is crazy too?

i haven't read the initial post up until now so let me address some things here

"Recently I've noticed that LEO RPers have been given a blanket excuse to stop any vehicle for not stopping at each and every intersection in the game."

can only be done if you broke the law

unlawful stop? IA/courts

"I refuse to believe that every cop has the required corruption perms"

you don't need corruption perms for something as trivial as a traffic infraction

"They also only acknowledge this law when it comes time to stop an illegal RPer"

cops IRL do it all the time: break laws themselves but enforce them anyway

"Cops will come straight at you and then turn off a few seconds before impact to grab your plate information"

It does indeed happen yes

"These things all become impactful when it's every cop in the city doing it"

pay your insurance and have a license and we won't have a reason to stop you + only traffic has ALPR

3 minutes ago, Snoot said:

how was it bait? whoever decided to post it in your units discord made it look as that and you followed suit. a legitimate question was posed by bandit, highlighting a very real issue, and the fact that you see it as bait highlights another ; the aforementioned inabilitiy to see and take criticism.

but to get back on track; traffic light rules should be looked at by the lawmakers of our time

Because I've yet to see anyone actually reporting the said members of abusing ALPR and having the wrong mentality. How many times have these issues actually been forwarded to PD's leadership to take a review of? It takes two minutes to write up a report to faction's leadership which always reviews it. Same goes for the alleged cops skipping intersections and breaking the law, report them ICly. 

• Moe locked this topic