Cops and Robbers

Bandit.

Let me reiterate- this topic wasn't meant for the LSPD SWAT to come into and be toxic and turn this discussion into a shit fest; this was more of to get an understanding as to why LEO RPers aren't expected to follow basic rules of the road that we are constantly being stopped for and infamous line of "step out for me." 

11 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

Running red lights is no longer a law as of a few days ago because it was agreed among, I assume, the admin/management teams that the traffic lights aren't synced. The LEO agencies can only stop you if you fail to yield to the right way and any other relevant offences in accordance to the penal code;

• Not yielding to an emergency vehicle with visible emergency lightings and sounding sirens;
  • Crossing a double yellow line when NOT entering or leaving a parking lot or driveway;
  • Ignoring signs, roadblocks, hand signals, or other equipment used by law enforcement to direct traffic;
  • Failing to adhere to Title 12 Section 1212 when appropriate.

If a law enforcement officer witnesses a crime, whether it's traffic offence or not, they can react accordingly. If you are driving without headlights on past 20:30? They can stop you for that alone. Tinted windows? That too.

Now, as for LEO members driving through the red lights? That's because they are no longer a law. You only have to yield to the right side of the traffic.

Now, there are claims of members driving through intersections even before the lights law was removed. I can only tell you to keep it... In-character issue and pursue to the relevant agency's Internal Affairs or call a supervisor. It happens IRL as well.

I hope this help.

FYI, I'm part of LSPD Traffic.

That is incorrect. FOUR WAY STOP. In red down at the bottom in brackets.

You give way to the right side if they pulled up to the intersection first, but you still have to stop. That's the point of a four way stop.

R1AlBsg.png

@Moe Please don't lock just yet. There seems to be a genuine confusion of the new rule as seen here. Traffic police seem to be under the impression running redlights is no longer against the law, but as seen here it is. Four way stops. This has to be clarified.

Edited by Brofessor
Just now, Bandit. said:

Let me reiterate- this topic wasn't meant for the LSPD SWAT to come into and be toxic and turn this discussion into a shit fest; this was more of to get an understanding as to why LEO RPers aren't expected to follow basic rules of the road that we are constantly being stopped for and infamous line of "step out for me." 

1) not everyone is SWAT in this topic

2) what do you expect from a topic like this? for it to be taken seriously?

Terrible to see players once again take any criticism of LEO RP in bad faith. I think there is a legitamet issue from the former LEO rpers Ive talked to regarding this cops and robbers, rather than rp mindset. The solution to it, I don't know. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Ted said:

Terrible to see players once again take any criticism of LEO RP in bad faith. I think there is a legitamet issue from the former LEO rpers Ive talked to regarding this cops and robbers, rather than rp mindset. The solution to it, I don't know. 

You can't expect serious replies when the op himself makes a bait post to cause provocation. Make a serious thread with actual points outlined which are making LEO's 'subpar' rpers along with their actions and maybe you'll get serious replies. Just my thoughts, respectfully.

1 minute ago, LennyVL said:

1) not everyone is SWAT in this topic

2) what do you expect from a topic like this? for it to be taken seriously?

Yes, unfortunately I would like everyone to take this serious. This is the kind of behavior that feeds the mentality of "LEO vs Illegal." 

When you continuously have the same PD members coming onto topics to harass anyone who has anything to say about the quality of roleplay they provide- it truly shows what their mindset is in this GAME. 

I've been on both sides of the game and know how it goes. I was guilty of doing this myself at one point until I realized that it should always be the roleplay over getting a big win or something like that.

You can ask almost any illegal RPer that I interacted with on Ryan Hulsey, I never tried to overstep a boundary or give them the benefit of the doubt to get out of a situation. 

• Moe locked this topic