[PODCAST] Claire-Voyance Episode Six

gta-world-camera-2022-4-27-6-47-40.png

(left to right: Victoria Moore, Marina Matsuyari, Claire Skye)

(Thank you Mel Anderson for the studio!)

* The opening jingle of "Do You Believe In Magic?" plays in. The quality of sound is... only one word can describe it: professional. ((Claire Skye))*
Claire Skye says: Welcome back once again to Claire-Voyance, now in a new location! Your host Claire here, a lot more they/them than before.
Victoria Moore says: And like at least one time before I am your faithful audio engineer. Victoria, "Tori, never Vicky" Moore. I have to say Claire this studio is rather impressive, wouldn't you say?
Claire Skye says: It is a dream come true. Mel Anderson has outdone themself here. Selfless dude made a whole place for this city's artists, our set included! It's just... crazy, we were just filming on the couch before.
Claire Skye says: But that aside, I would like to introduce to you all our guest. Syndicate Racing's pride and joy. The champion: Mint.
Victoria Moore says: It is quite a project. Kind of haven for artists of all sorts. And I think I'd like to consider Mint here a typ of artist... behind the wheel?
* Marina Matsuyari laughs into her introduction humbly. She'd speak in a soft, warm tone as she'd lean in.
Marina Matsuyari says: Better some days than others, but I can make it look like I'm not even trying! Thankyou, thankyou.
Marina Matsuyari says: It's a pleasure to be here, absolutely. I've a lot to get even about!
Claire Skye says: That's exactly what we like to hear. Let's start small, tell us a little about yourself and what you've been working on here.
Marina Matsuyari says: Hi! So, I'm Marina, or just Mint. I'm a signed professional driver for Syndicate Motorsport and I've been racing in a professional setting for around.. fourteen years now, I want to say? 
Marina Matsuyari says: My tenure wish Syndicate hasn't been that entire time, but it's where I've been the most successful in my career!
Victoria Moore says: Fourteen years? That's quite a length of time! Did you know this is something you enjoy from an early age? Or is it more something you learned you were good at?
Marina Matsuyari says: Well, I wouldn't consider myself 'good' yet, there's always room for improvement, ne? As for my interests. I don't know, there's always been a little mysticism around cars and going fast. It's definitely plays into cheesy movies. I guess when I was
Marina Matsuyari says: young what did it for me was seeing the vibrancy of 2000's culture, and getting into it i found I have a competitive side!
Victoria Moore says: Oh-ho... cheesy movies huh? Favorite cheesy race movie. Go!
Claire Skye says: Clock's ticking! I mean, it's not, but y'know.
Marina Matsuyari says: On the spot! It'd have to be 2 Fast 2 Furious. I mean.. you just can't take that movie seriously, even if it wants to be. 
Victoria Moore says: Days of Thunder here.
* Marina Matsuyari snickers as she'd talk.
Victoria Moore says: Claire, how about you? Do you have a cheesy car and-or raceing movie you like?
Claire Skye says: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... does Bumblebee count?
Victoria Moore says: Judges?
Victoria Moore says: I think you get a pass on that one, Claire.
* Victoria Moore chuckles softly.
Claire Skye says: Pog.
Marina Matsuyari says: I think once my parents caught on that I wanted to drive, all those movies went out of the window! There are a lot of classics I'm still catching onto even now. It took until last week for me to have even watched Smokey and the Bandit.
Victoria Moore says: Oh now that IS a classic.
Claire Skye says: Oh wow, think I've heard that name once or twice.
Victoria Moore says: So let me ask you another question then, Mint. Are you a Los Santos native, or did you move here?
Marina Matsuyari says: I actually moved here. I'm British originally with Japanese parents. We spent a lot of my childhood summers on visits but I mean, after I moved to Los Santos, I've never been anywhere else.
Claire Skye says: Something about the place just sucks you in when you should be running far away, doesn't it?
Marina Matsuyari says: Even if you're trying to claw your way out of it.
Claire Skye says: Exactly. What would you consider your most important accomplishment since coming here?
* Marina Matsuyari laughs to herself quietly.
Marina Matsuyari says: So this comes at the risk of sounding really self-centered. I hope it's not! But.. I do a lot of community work in the asian circle. A lot of volunteering, cleaning. That is what makes me feel the most complete and achieved. 
Marina Matsuyari says: In terms of accomplishment? That takes my top spot for now.
Claire Skye says: Oh wow... dude, you've got it backwards, that's selfless as heck. Between that and the fact you don't think you're good yet? I'm pretty sure it's not opposite day.
* Claire Skye chuckles to themself.
Marina Matsuyari says: They've given me a lot of excellent opportunities and I'm just happy I'm in a position that I can give back to them. It really is like a second home, type of feeling.
Claire Skye says: And they've accepted you though you're Bri'ish I take it?
* Marina Matsuyari snickers to Claire on their pronunciation. She'd take it well.
Marina Matsuyari says: Well, a lot of the community themselves are Americans, or Europeans. It's a very welcoming circle to me and I'm definitely thankful.
Claire Skye says: That sounds perfect, I'm really happy for you.
Marina Matsuyari says: Every day is a blessing. That's how you gotta live!
Claire Skye says: So what's next on the schedule for you? You got first place already, what's your next goal?
Marina Matsuyari says: I'm glad you ask! I don't think I've ever been as busy as I am now! Between community aid, practicing in the car, and debating within the league I'm now laying the groundworks for my own business! We're still in the early stages, but we're growing very fast!
Claire Skye says: Damn, you live life fast in general, huh? But what's this business you're starting up?
Marina Matsuyari says: It's.. not prestigious or huge! It's just something I love doing. Basically, I'm taking my digital artwork, and I'm making it into stickers, embroidery, patches and keyrings. Air fresheners. What I'm hoping to do is start a niche underground-like
Marina Matsuyari says: market in fun accessories pushing a 2000s-esque style, and turn it into a brand.
Claire Skye says: That is so cool! It all goes back into your inspiration from the start. I love it.
Marina Matsuyari says: Currently we've a website open, and we're in the final stages of opening a storefront. A very exciting time for my business absolutely. It's Tsukuyomi 42, for anyone wondering.
Claire Skye says: In fact, we have some examples here, don't we?
Marina Matsuyari says: That we do! If you'd please!
* Agrien Vandroy nods as she reaches for the keyboard and her phone. Within a few seconds or double that, she browses through some designs, which soon enough flashes on the screen. She passes from one to the other, letting everyone have a good look at each.
Claire Skye says: Oh wow...!
Marina Matsuyari says: And it's like you said, this goes back all the way to what even got me interested in racing to begin with. This.. mystic dark but vibrant sort of energy. You can see it so well in art like this.
Marina Matsuyari says: It's all up on a website. We're just holding off the ability to purchase just yet!
* Marina Matsuyari watches her designs. She'd seem genuinely proud, and explaining them, she'd fully invest herself.
Victoria Moore says: Well, this is pretty impressive, I'll say that. I'd like to ask you about your racing. for a moment. Can you tell us a little bit about your team?
Marina Matsuyari says: Of course! Want me to take it from the top?
Victoria Moore says: The top of what?
* Victoria Moore chuckles.
* Marina Matsuyari shuffles her posture to accept Tori's dialogue more. She'd reset herself mostly.
Claire Skye says: Go for it. Also, slide me the URL after this, I got to browse.
Marina Matsuyari says: Well, the start of the story. It's a long tale!
* A few 'slap' designs would appear on the screen. All of them with a text in japanese at the center, and the edited and worked imagery in the background featuring aspects of the car scene with the entire 2000's aesthetics to them. ((Agrien Vandroy))*
* After a while, they would repeat the browsing of each, and leave the screen. ((Agrien Vandroy))*
Victoria Moore says: From the top would be perfect, perhaps from the beginning?
Marina Matsuyari says: So, Syndicate was founded all the way up in Paleto, by my wonderful manager over there. They started as friends that turned their hobby to a business which.. anyone can relate to. But I'd just left my country and came to Los Santos. I was really struggling to even find contract work as a driver, let alone a racer. That's where I applied for Syndicate, and was taken in with open arms. I was even set up with my own car, totally free. I mean, without this, I'd have not been able to continue doing what I love, so it's worth mentioning. With that, we grew as friends, but we always stayed grassroots. We took on season one, and won the championship as a team between me and another driver, and fast forward that to today, we're now competing in the Pfister Super Cup, and under Syndicate I managed to score a first place win for us when I was last in the car. It's.. always just been this small group of friends who just found success by pure luck.
* Victoria Moore motions to Claire if they want to take on the next line of questioning.
* Marina Matsuyari takes a sip of her water, as she'd leave many avenues of discussion in her opening.
Claire Skye says: That's absolutely amazing. But I'm sure it's not just luck. You all must have a lot of skill coming this far. Speaking of which, I'd like to mention the car you showed us.
Claire Skye says: It was definitely souped up, but I've been curious: what makes it not street legal? What makes it different?
Marina Matsuyari says: Well, there are a lot of.. pretty terrifying things going on in a race car. For the most part, if you think of a normal car, it's made to bend, right? If another car hits you, your car is going to bend to absorb that impact. Well, with a race car, these chassis are strengthened with cages and bars. There is absolutely no play when you hit a race car into another. You're going to go straight through a normal car. That is quite a big factor, but then we have the technicalities like.. 
Marina Matsuyari says: You are constantly sitting a foot away from a highly pressurized fuel tank. It's right behind your seat, practically. You can imagine, taking it to a street, there is plenty more obstacles to hit than a racetrack. Sitting in front of a bomb is a massive violation to safety on the street.
Claire Skye says: Oh damn.
Marina Matsuyari says: With race cars you have to remember, these things are made to protect you, but at the end of the day, they won't always save your life. They're made with the number one goal to go fast. Not safety, nothing like that.
Victoria Moore says: And folks, there is your surprise for the day. Claire asking our guest about car-stuff, and not me.
* Victoria Moore chuckles cheerily into the microphone.
* Marina Matsuyari laughs, as she'd turn her head to Tori for a moment. Marina centers her focus back between Claire and Tori equally.
Marina Matsuyari says: These panels on the cars, they're just lightweight things you can pull two or three pins out and remove them. Behind that is a nasty cage with no afforded luxuries in the case of a crash. 
* Claire Skye laughs along.
Victoria Moore says: So those who don't know. I've been a bit of a gearhead all of my life. So it's kind of a funny turn of events, this.
Marina Matsuyari says: You're outnumbered now, Claire. I could turn this whole talk into my racecar!
Claire Skye says: I have officially played myself. Bring out the clown wig, bring out the red nose.

* Marina Matsuyari snorts and laughs. When Marina laughs, it wouldn't compliment herself too well.

* Claire Skye can't help but laugh along with her, too contagious.
Claire Skye says: No but seriously, go right ahead.
Victoria Moore says: But no... As much as I'd like to nerd-out with you. I think our listeners want to know about the... Mint herself. Speaking of that how long have you lived full-time in Los Santos?
Claire Skye says: Very true. Nerd out on your own time.
Victoria Moore says: I nerd-out twenty-four slash seven, you know that, Claire!
Claire Skye says: Correct you are.
Marina Matsuyari says: Gosh, I'd think.. only a couple of years, now. It'll have been around the time I signed to Syndicate. I've spent most of my life everywhere else, it'd seem. Nowhere interesting, though!
Marina Matsuyari says: Well, I mean. I used to live in a small town surrounded by farmers and fields. You could get up to trouble on the roads, and it'd be the most interesting thing to happen in the area all year.
* Claire Skye chuckles softly.
Victoria Moore says: Well, then in your two years here. What would you say has change the most about Los Santos?
Claire Skye says: Ah, bringing out the classic questions.
Victoria Moore says: You know it, the oldies but goodees.
Marina Matsuyari says: About Los Santos? Sheesh..
* Marina Matsuyari takes a few moments of thinking before she'd answer.
Marina Matsuyari says: Well, I know the thing that has changed the most would have to be the nightlife of the town. I don't know, it used to be safer? Now it's a little scary to be out at this time. It feels like people have less to lose nowadays, you know? Do you get that feeling too?
Marina Matsuyari says: Granted, my life consists of driving. But that means you get to see a lot going on around you.
Claire Skye says: Oh absolutely. I'm not sure if it really was safer, but, yeah. It does seem like it's crazier now than ever.
Victoria Moore says: Well... I guess to dovtail off of that question. Do you have a most and least favorite thing about the city? In general that is.
Marina Matsuyari says: My least favorite thing of Los Santos.. other than the teams I'm competing against?
* Claire Skye snickers.
Victoria Moore says: I mean you could include them too.
Claire Skye says: Yes, other than them. Sheesh, we got some shade in the studio.
Marina Matsuyari says: I'd just have to be the local access to business. I don't feel like there's a lot going on that's outside of the status quo. I know that success is what builds people, but I want to see people build success. You know?
Claire Skye says: Exactly, like. All these businesses are the same.
Marina Matsuyari says: Right? I'd love to see a little difference here and there. It really makes the city feel smaller when the same thing is happening six times and nothing else.
Claire Skye says: It's why your business is so important.
Marina Matsuyari says: Now, if this is a lobbying issue or just an issue with not enough workers, I don't know. But it's absolutely a problem.
Marina Matsuyari says: I mean, that's what I hope to do. I'm blessed to be in a position where if I sink, I'll still be okay. I get to take that risk. I just wish our city promoted that more.
Claire Skye says: Me too, man.
Claire Skye says: And the upside? The favorite?
Marina Matsuyari says: The favorite. My god it is a cliche. But the roads. I can't tell you how many times I tell myself, yeah okay, let's go hit the hills. Take a nice drive around the county. If you have cabin fever, just hit the road, get the open air. There are so many
Marina Matsuyari says: sights to be seen in this state that I'm still finding places I never even knew existed. It helps clear your mind so much.
Marina Matsuyari says: There's something just oddly calming about driving down an empty road at night, under starlight with the windows down. You know? That will clear your head in minutes.

Claire Skye says: Damn. That's something most take for granted. I mean, I sure do.
Victoria Moore says: That is a joy of not being a poor college student.
Claire Skye says: She refuses to take a salary. I have tried.
Marina Matsuyari says: Even if I hadn't a penny to my name, I'd still be taking skateboard rides to clear my head.
Claire Skye says: Oh wow, you skateboard?
* Marina Matsuyari laughs quietly to herself. 
Marina Matsuyari says: I wish I could! You know, I tried once and I immediately fell off. I'm only small, I don't have a great pain tolerance. I think I must have cried for hours and never tried again. And this is me at 16!
Claire Skye says: Awww. Yeah, I'm the same way. Nope. I tried once.
Victoria Moore says: I think that makes three of us who are slightly clumsy.
Claire Skye says: What a power trio.
Marina Matsuyari says: God, you wouldn't believe. I tripped up the stairs while collecting my podium trophy last event. No one saw me, thank god.

Claire Skye says: Oh shit, phew.
Claire Skye says: But Tori, do you think it's time?
Victoria Moore says: Oh I think it is... Time to turn the tables on our guest.
Claire Skye says: Frequent listeners, you know the drill. This is the time where our guest gets the floor, and can ask both of us any questions she wants.
Victoria Moore says: So go ahead, Mint. You can ask both of us, or one of us specifically absolutely anything.
Marina Matsuyari says: I get the floor? Excellent! So! First order of business.
Claire Skye says: Oh she's going for it.
* Marina Matsuyari shuffles in her chair, and leans into the microphone.

* Claire Skye has an excited grin.
Marina Matsuyari says: Who's your favorite driver?
Claire Skye says: I-.
Claire Skye says: I mean, you, you're the only one I know of, I have no racing knowledge.
* Claire Skye laughs at that.
* Marina Matsuyari laughs before she can answer on the spot. She'd wave her hand dismissively.
Victoria Moore says: I mean I dunno... Jane is a friend of mine...
Marina Matsuyari says: If it's me, then be prepared for a rollercoaster. I have a habit of scaring. But, nah.. so.
Marina Matsuyari says: I'm interested to know like.. have you ever given a thought into racing? Was is just a situation of.. availability, or non interest. Maybe you still want to. Do you think there'd be the support around for people to get into it?
Claire Skye says: Um... I'm honestly just not too interested in it. I mean. I get the appeal, but it's just not the sort of thing that's compelling to me. But I'm sure there's plenty of support in your community for newcomers.
Marina Matsuyari says: It certainly doesn't have to be for everyone. It's just.. always been the center stage of my life. I always wonder why we like the things we do. If availability is an accelerant to what we end up interested in?
Claire Skye says: That's deep...
* Claire Skye takes some time to think about that while Tori does her part.

Victoria Moore says: Well... I'm a gearhead, I love cars. I love working on cars, and driving them. Fast. Always wanted to race but just... I'm a rebel man. too many rules and regulations to follow! I have hard enough time without worrying that my jacket isn't regulation
Marina Matsuyari says: See, that is the side no one thinks to about motorsport! We have a massive row of guidelines we have to follow. A lot is on driver etiquette, and a lot of safety. I think people who aren't actively involved don't realise too much that on top of our
Marina Matsuyari says: driving the majority of the job is just paperwork and listening! It's not what it's cracked up to be in the movies!
* Marina Matsuyari sighed a snicker.
Victoria Moore says: Yes, I investigated seriously driving for Syndicate myself. I even impressed a couple of your friends with my drifting skills.
Marina Matsuyari says: But, what'd you think? Do you think that the availability of choices in life massive affects who we turn to be? Like if there was a school for flying rockets here, everyone would want a part.
Marina Matsuyari says: I always thought like.. if I didn't live close to a track, would I have ever turned something I liked into a career. I'd have turned a different route completely.
Victoria Moore says: We do like to give everyone a little bit of philosophy here on Claire-Voyance, don't we?
Claire Skye says: Well. I only got super into the occult and tarot reading when I got here. I'd always wanted to learn about it, but I was too busy. So in a way that's a yes and a no? It's always interested me even when it wasn't available.
Claire Skye says: Of course being raised around something would influence, but there's just as likely a chance you wouldn't like it.
Marina Matsuyari says: These are what pop into my head randomly! You don't know how many times I've had 'glass half full or glass half empty' moments while behind the wheel of a racecar. Your mind wanders at the worst times.
Claire Skye says: Oh god, that sounds scary.
* Claire Skye chuckles.
Marina Matsuyari says: It's.. incredibly easy to get lost in the love of what you're doing, and sacrifice your attention for the moment.
Claire Skye says: I can sorta understand. Nothing that high risk, but, of course.
Victoria Moore says: “Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Claire Skye says: Was that all you wanted to know- and the Tori Wisdom returns.
* Marina Matsuyari looks over to Tori, as she'd be mid sip of water. When she'd set down her bottle, Marina is grinning.
Victoria Moore says: I work a little Nietzsche into every episode.
Claire Skye says: If that's all, I'd like to turn your attention to something this studio gave us a chance to do.
Claire Skye says: It's time for questions from you, the viewers. If we don't get your question, super sorry about that.
*M.ChiPunx asked, "What's your favorite color?" ((Claire Skye))*
Claire Skye says: Well. It changes all the time.
Claire Skye says: I think it's still purple though. Or like, a burgundy.
Claire Skye says: Tori? Mint?
Victoria Moore says: Black.
Claire Skye says: Good choice.
Victoria Moore says: Cause ya know I got this Ebony goodness going on here.
Marina Matsuyari says: See, mine is easy! Mint is.. technically a color! It's between a light cyan, or a deep purple. That's.. probably why you see the majority of my products use that gradient!
Claire Skye says: So Mint likes mint. Sounds about right.
Victoria Moore says: I'd agree, it checks out.
* Dongexpander77 asked, "Why are you gae?" ((Claire Skye))*
Claire Skye says: DNA, probably.
* Claire Skye snickers.
Victoria Moore says: I mean... probably.
Claire Skye says: First joke question.
Marina Matsuyari says: I like this one. But I'm with Claire on this! 
Victoria Moore says: Well you've only got a couple of marriage proposals in here Mint.
* Victoria Moore snickers.
* Claire Skye cracks up.
Claire Skye says: Only a couple?
* Marina Matsuyari snort laughs, again. 

Victoria Moore says: I'm not counting the 'you, spelled with a 'u' are, spelled with an 'r' hot'.
Marina Matsuyari says: I wish I could say it was the first time!
Marina Matsuyari says: I've had people try to impress me by fist fighting each other as a competition. Please don't do that!
Claire Skye says: Oh dear God...
* Claire Skye keeps laughing, slightly muffled.
Claire Skye says: We got another one. Not a marriage proposal, but.
Victoria Moore says: Oh I thought you weren't going to read the one that said 'show us your butt'.
* Victoria Moore snickers.
* Claire Skye wheezes.
Marina Matsuyari says: Classy!
* Marina Matsuyari cackles into the microphone.
Claire Skye says: This is our audience. I can't believe it.
* BB2k6 asks, "yo great look at the studio dudes, congrats. Marina you said you like drivin at night girl and that city's not as safe. Ii feel ya girl but what are yo tips for drivin out at night and not get in trouble? much love, BB here". 
Victoria Moore says: Well this is a good question. And Mint will give you a great answer, but coming from a Davis girl here. If you see a black SUV with blacked out windows... jet.
Marina Matsuyari says: Driving at night.. and not getting in trouble. Literally, never lift your foot off the gas, unless it's a cop! By that I mean, don't be stopping in the middle of nowhere, trying to make friends. Just keep yourself safe out there, man.
Claire Skye says: There you go.
Marina Matsuyari says: Any time I see someone walking up to me, even if they're saying hi, I'm on the gas. No thankyou!
Claire Skye says: People are scary dude.
Victoria Moore says: But thanks for your question, BB and thanks for listening.
Claire Skye says: Yeah, thanks BB. Appreciated.
*  be11atricks asks, "Marina you're a professional racer and I'm also into cars, so what are your tips for someone wanting to get into the sports? Is it an expensive career? Love your hair <3.
Claire Skye says: Love the username.
Victoria Moore says: To be fair, Mint does have great hair.
Marina Matsuyari says: N'aaw. Thanks! It's a platinum silver, it's actually.. quite a pain. But getting to your question!
Marina Matsuyari says: Getting into the sport, you're going to want to look at Karting. Karting is where all the scouts go to look for talent. If you can kart, you can drive a car. It's only up from there. And if you find talent yourself, don't be afraid of the big scary bank! Go ahead and look at a loan-out to finance getting yourself into a competition and doing this as a group.
Victoria Moore says: And just hope you have good credit.
Claire Skye says: Yeah, gosh.
Claire Skye says: That's one hell of a gamble.
Marina Matsuyari says: For me, I started karting, I moved to bikes. I went back to cars, and ended up in that full-time, now. It's.. a lot of money to front, I won't sugarcoat it. These are what dreams are made of.
Victoria Moore says: Another great question though. Glad you tuned in.
Marina Matsuyari says: Actually, I might as well go ahead and take the time to let people know about the Kanjo cup. Right now that is a smaller series ran by the same people who run the Pfister Super Cup, and they're using it as a way to get people into the scene.

Claire Skye says: Ooo, yeah, that's perfect.
Claire Skye says: I wish you luck in your endeavors, be11atricks.
Marina Matsuyari says: But yes, thankyou! Look out for it dude!
*  johnflashgt asks, "hey good talk you three, invite me next time i can talk about my flash gt fr fr but hey whats your three favorite car? gotta prove a point. flash gt gang ayo much love".
Claire Skye says: Favorite car...
Victoria Moore says: Oh I'll go last, cause I'm gunna get a lotta hate.
Marina Matsuyari says: God, I'm sorry. I know that people seem to love them, but my heart isn't with hatchbacks! I'd have to say my most favorite car would be the ZR-380. It's just.. perfect, in styling and sound. The next two would have to be an Obey 8F, and lastly, 
Marina Matsuyari says: ZR-350. Maybe the two Japanese cars are of bias. But!
Claire Skye says: Oh, uh. I really like electric cars because my bikes guzzle a fuckton of gas. I invested in a Coil Raiden. But I have an old Moonbeam Custom that I adore.
* Marina Matsuyari laughs into the microphone, and leans back.
Victoria Moore says: Good answers, good answers. And a good question. Thanks for listening!
Claire Skye says: Toriiii, your turn.
Marina Matsuyari says: There's no hate here! I wanna hear, too!
Victoria Moore says: Erg... Okay. So... my favorite car is the Dominator APS. Factory blue with two white stripes down the center and a ducktail spioler... After that I"d say the Dominator GTT classic. And lastly ever seen the shoe Knight Rider?
* Victoria Moore laughs lightly.
Marina Matsuyari says: You know, it's funny you say that! I was in the hopes of buying a Knight Rider replica car after my business was finally off of the ground! Do we have a shared interest, Tori?
Claire Skye says: My god, you guys have so many shared interests.
Victoria Moore says: Depends, is it a turbo boost life?
Marina Matsuyari says: If it won't grenade the motor, it's always turbo boost life!
Victoria Moore says: Exaaactly.
Claire Skye says: Nerds.
Marina Matsuyari says: You brought this on yourself!
Victoria Moore says: Always. But thanks again for the question!

Claire Skye says: Gonna take one more question after this and call it a night- er, morning- if everyone's cool with it.
*  'Beats4eats asks, "Claire good work on this set up my guy your new studio looks dope as shit. i work with sound too so this is a two parts question for you crew. First to tori, what sound equipment ur usin on the studio? i work some producing but your sound check is great. And second for you Claire, if someone wanna work on yor crew how to get in touch with you guys? peace". 
Claire Skye says: You first, Tori.
Victoria Moore says: Oh of course. So the tree microphones we use are Shure. Good quality and a little pricey. Anti-vibration arms are a must or you'd hear a thump every time one of us hits the desk or sets something down. All of those are fed int a Pyle mixing board.
Victoria Moore says: From there it's all software, it's a mix of OBS and VAC to capture, and Claire is the one who does the editing.
Marina Matsuyari says: I think this is how people look at me when I'm explaining cars.
* Marina Matsuyari snickers lightly to Tori.
Victoria Moore says: Honestly? if you want to start out all you need is a cheap microphone and a laptop.
Agrien Vandroy says: That is is /I/ look at you when you're talking cars, Mint.
Victoria Moore says: Voice from the sky is our... new producer.
* Claire Skye laughs softly, before adding in.
Claire Skye says: Well, we do have a Facebrowser page for Claire-Voyance, but you could also just add me. Username's clearskylines, name's Claire Skye- I doubt there's anybody else with that name. 

Victoria Moore says: Oh shoot yeah. Everyone follow us on the Claire-Voyance facebrowser page.

Claire Skye says: Since our 'new producer' is Mint's manager, we're gonna need an actual new producer. You may be just what we need. Talk to me, my dude.

Victoria Moore says: Well, I think that is our last question for the night... So... anyone got stuff to plug?
Claire Skye says: But after that? Yeah. Syndicate Motorsport is officially endorsed.
Marina Matsuyari says: I have my website, it'll be supporting my business once it finally goes live! You can see a lot of what I'm selling up there already but new stuff is added daily, so!
Marina Matsuyari says: If you wanted that, it's Tsukumi, dot, world.
Marina Matsuyari says: Tsukuyomi, dot world, sorry.
Claire Skye says: Grabbing my phone right now to go there.
Marina Matsuyari says: But it's absolutely been a blast coming onto the show with you guys tonight. You'll next see me racing on Saturday, I'll be in the #43 car. One to look out for!
Claire Skye says: Thanks for joining us then, Mint. It's been a long episode, but I think it's my favorite thus far.
Victoria Moore says: It was great to have you with us Mint. Next week... Claire, tell our listeners about next week... just a teaser
Marina Matsuyari says: Pleasure to have spent the evening with you two!
Claire Skye says: Eheheh... well. Next week we'll be sitting down with my favorite DJ in the city. If you know me, you already know who it is.
Victoria Moore says: Alright, say goodnight, Claire!
Claire Skye says: Goodniiiight~!
Victoria Moore says: And remember “The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.”

Comments Enabled

Username:

Comment:

Edited by mah1na
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1