Remove "reaches for a weapon" over head

Narco

Horrible idea. Just no, leave it as it is. People know when you relog and have to equip your weapon again, and if they make a fuzz about it, you simply tell them you just relogged and need to reequip and it's all fine, even without the ame, you'd still be pulling out your gun on equip so there's really no change on it.

The /ame does nothing to hurt your rp, it's a vanity script that helps with identifying shooters and sometimes helps identify when someone's trying to hide their weapon from Law Enforcement so they don't lose it (There's an /ame for unequipping your weapon)

It's also part of the rules, you have to /me taking out your weapon if it's in a car or a bigger gun than a tec9, so the script doing it for you is enough

• Upvote 5
1 minute ago, Sim said:

Horrible idea. Just no, leave it as it is. People know when you relog and have to equip your weapon again, and if they make a fuzz about it, you simply tell them you just relogged and need to reequip and it's all fine, even without the ame, you'd still be pulling out your gun on equip so there's really no change on it.

The /ame does nothing to hurt your rp, it's a vanity script that helps with identifying shooters and sometimes helps identify when someone's trying to hide their weapon from Law Enforcement so they don't lose it (There's an /ame for unequipping your weapon)

It's also part of the rules, you have to /me taking out your weapon if it's in a car or a bigger gun than a tec9, so the script doing it for you is enough

this is factual information +2

6 hours ago, Sim said:

"Identifying shooters and sometimes helps identity when someone's trying to hide their weapon from law enforcement"

There's an animation when a player takes their weapons out, you should be able to identity a "shooter" by a players actions, not by text overhead which is blatant metagaming and only gives players an unrealistic time to react to someone pulling a gun out due to them seeing the text overhead. 

Here's a prime example:

https://streamable.com/16j4sm 

Elijah Wolf in this video was hidden behind a car and decided to pull a gun out to defend himself / his friends life (completely cleared by an admin per the forum report)

The player recording would have not started shooting / had the same reaction time had he not metagamed the /me over Elijah's head which is very apparent and clear. If this can so easily be abused by players to metagame, I personally don't see why it would even exist anymore as there's literally animations of the player taking out their firearm as well as the fact as the server rules don't require you to type a /me to take small weapons such as pistols out, therefore why force an /ame over head when there's a clear animation? doesn't make much sense. 

Just my two sense though. 

Edited by Narco
2 hours ago, Resick said:

obviously not 

and how is that metagaming when the whole purpose of the /ame is to show a character's actions

Because it can show actions which are not actually visible from point of view of the character.

On 4/27/2022 at 8:54 AM, sky~ said:

This was useful when there was no animation, but that's different now. Please remove this.

Would agree with this if holster anims werent facing sync issues & werent easily abused. Half the time you're dead before the anim even finishes because of how out of sync it is.