Remove "reaches for a weapon" over head

Narco

Detailed Description

Remove the "takes out a weapon" over players heads anytime someone takes out a weapon

Relevant Commands/Items

Just remove the pink "reaches for a weapon"

How will it benefit the server?

I'm personally very interested in the player reports section and I constantly browse videos, one thing I specifically noticed was the abuse / metagaming of the "takes out a weapon" over a players head. Players commonly abuse the pink text overhead to give themselves an advantage in shooting situations, as they're not focused on the actual characters movement rather than the text above their heads. This is very much used for metagaming 

Here's an example

https://streamable.com/xsjies 

The person in the video noticed the other player had "taken out a weapon" while in the brawl due to the text above his head, so he started to run around in circles waiting to see what weapon the player pulled out even though his character has his back turned to him majority of the time.

I honestly don't see a reason behind having the text above a characters head besides metagame purposes. I do believe that this should be potentially able to toggled on by those with administrator accounts while doing their duties although as I'm sure it would help in that sense. Overall I think the text overhead highly promotes metagaming / giving players an unrealistic upper hand. 

Players can also use a /me command to take out a weapon which they of course should be doing, although there is no rule against it unless it's a specific weapon therefore it's ultimately not needed. 

Edited by Narco
  • Upvote 1
  • Narco changed the title to Remove "reaches for a weapon" over head