Trucking is dying. Please help.

RedRover

3 hours ago, Nervous said:

I'll move the entire script to Y key soon

Move minimap increasing key to something else or remove it bro, QWERTZ players are dying... I enter/exit property, veh or anything, I get my minimap increased for no reason 😭

Can always y'know, roleplay random deliveries instead of relying on the script. It's an RP server afterall. The only thing stopping y'all from RPing when there's no script businesses asking for deliveries is yourselves. Make up your own routes, create your own RP, companies should be paying their employees a salary in situations like these.

Perfect time for convoy RP, custom route RP, long haul RP, door to door deliveries, etc etc. Yes, you have to rely on the script for the physical script job payments, but when there's nothing available, the only thing stopping you from hopping in the trucks & RPing is yourselves 😄

Edited by PeopleKind
25 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Can always y'know, roleplay random deliveries instead of relying on the script. It's an RP server afterall. The only thing stopping y'all from RPing when there's no script businesses asking for deliveries is yourselves. Make up your own routes, create your own RP, companies should be paying their employees a salary in situations like these.

Perfect time for convoy RP, custom route RP, long haul RP, door to door deliveries, etc etc. Yes, you have to rely on the script for the physical script job payments, but when there's nothing available, the only thing stopping you from hopping in the trucks & RPing is yourselves 😄

Companies can’t afford to pay truckers salaries in RP only situations. They don’t make as much as you think. Our company had to almost bring non-trucker salary down to nothing because the money just isn’t there. LFM won’t give funding to help because they think everyone, including HR and fleet management should just truck if they want more money. Makes no sense from an IC standpoint, but that’s an argument for another day. 

Plus, that logic is just flawed to be honest. Take away script money entirely from the server, not just truckers in that case. See how long things last. I promise you, they wouldn’t. People don’t work for free. Even if it is an RP server. 

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 2
42 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

Companies can’t afford to pay truckers salaries in RP only situations. They don’t make as much as you think. Our company had to almost bring non-trucker salary down to nothing because the money just isn’t there. LFM won’t give funding to help because they think everyone, including HR and fleet management should just truck if they want more money. Makes no sense from an IC standpoint, but that’s an argument for another day. 

Plus, that logic is just flawed to be honest. Take away script money entirely from the server, not just truckers in that case. See how long things last. I promise you, they wouldn’t. People don’t work for free. Even if it is an RP server. 

You're missing my point, I didn't say take the script money away, I meant you can create your own RP instead of standing around waiting for a business to make a request for the time being. It's clearly a problem that there's a lack of deliveries, however that's not stopping truckers from taking the trucks out to RP.

If companies can afford $1,000.000 - $2.000.000  worth of trucks, plus all the insurance, I'm sure they can afford to pay their drivers a bare minimum of $5,000 to incite them to create more RP until this issue is fixed.

Edited by PeopleKind

Simply no.

Truckers make more than Elon Musk. Delete TRUCKINGj job, replace it with something else - more fun and less OP.
I see truckers goin' 85mph, spamming, copy-pasting the commands and working 24/7 making millions every week. Over that, we have them whining about everything.

"Not enough routes!!1!1!" - "Not enough truckers1!!111!!"  blah blah blah.
Join in a fac or in a proper business/company, there are more stuff to do than trucking jeez

24 minutes ago, MarcoEL said:

Simply no.

Truckers make more than Elon Musk. Delete TRUCKINGj job, replace it with something else - more fun and less OP.
I see truckers goin' 85mph, spamming, copy-pasting the commands and working 24/7 making millions every week. Over that, we have them whining about everything.

"Not enough routes!!1!1!" - "Not enough truckers1!!111!!"  blah blah blah.
Join in a fac or in a proper business/company, there are more stuff to do than trucking jeez

What an absolutely ignorant post. Trucking is really not all that profitable, it depends entirely what you're doing. You have to be in a company and a fleet to make any decent money. And even then, it's a grindy mess to even access an actual truck. So it's not fun for you, okay, then stay out of it. It's fun for many of us. And not all of us are pedal to the metal 24/7 and working 24/7. For me it's a part time job, a side job. I rp out in the county, and when there's lack of RP. I'll go on shift and find it there.

A lot of people, such as me enjoy script jobs. For me, it's fun. And half of the work isn't even the deliveries but the RP around the HQ and with other truckers. I certainly have not become rich by trucking in-game. But yes, you can grind it. You can also grind any other script job. Script jobs are always going to be grinded by grinders. The problem isn't the jobs but the mentality of those people.

24 minutes ago, Sumnik said:

What an absolutely ignorant post. Trucking is really not all that profitable, it depends entirely what you're doing. You have to be in a company and a fleet to make any decent money. And even then, it's a grindy mess to even access an actual truck. So it's not fun for you, okay, then stay out of it. It's fun for many of us. And not all of us are pedal to the metal 24/7 and working 24/7. For me it's a part time job, a side job. I rp out in the county, and when there's lack of RP. I'll go on shift and find it there.

A lot of people, such as me enjoy script jobs. For me, it's fun. And half of the work isn't even the deliveries but the RP around the HQ and with other truckers. I certainly have not become rich by trucking in-game. But yes, you can grind it. You can also grind any other script job. Script jobs are always going to be grinded by grinders. The problem isn't the jobs but the mentality of those people.

The problem here is that OOC many people see trucking as a career for bad roleplayers who just grind cash like it's an MMO to buy sports cars or mansions. I use to truck as my main job on my drug dealer character, however I never used the money to buy absurdly expensive things that don't suit my character's IC background. I thought being a trucker would go hand in hand with being a drug trafficker naturally and despite the anti social nature of the job I managed to get a tiny bit of interesting rp out of it.

In the end I still quit the job to instead pursue a retail type job on my character. A combination of factors led to this including a fear of being associated with the bad types of trucker rpers who are in it for the grind, the anti social nature of the trucking companies, and basically the community's OOC impressions on truckers generally. For some reason being a bartender is held in higher esteem than being a trucker.

Edited by El Bandito
1 hour ago, PeopleKind said:

You're missing my point, I didn't say take the script money away, I meant you can create your own RP instead of standing around waiting for a business to make a request for the time being. It's clearly a problem that there's a lack of deliveries, however that's not stopping truckers from taking the trucks out to RP.

If companies can afford $1,000.000 - $2.000.000  worth of trucks, plus all the insurance, I'm sure they can afford to pay their drivers a bare minimum of $5,000 to incite them to create more RP until this issue is fixed.

That's kinda where you're wrong. The company I used to work for was basically bankrupt 24/7. Trucking companies aren't as rich as you think. Truckers make a lot, but the company itself doesn't get much unless you're as big as Bluewater or IMEX and even then, most of the money the company makes go right back into the company to pay for fuel, maintenance, and insurance. There's not a lot of actual profit. The average business on the server makes more money per opening from entrance money alone than an entire trucking company makes in a week. 

Our company had to raise our commission rate to at least 95% at one point to compete with the other large companies on the server, any lower and no one would join us because other companies paid more and they were more popular anyways. At 95% commission rate, we were getting about 3-5 dollars per crate delivered. We were spending more money on gas alone than what we were making back from the drivers doing deliveries. Combine that with insurance and maintenance, we just didn't had the money to afford to pay drivers bonuses. Normally, we were supposed to pay out bonuses to truckers every week for good performance but that rarely happened because we'd go bankrupt. It got to the point where the HRs had to start donating their own money into the company so we could get by. Wasn't very fun.

If the company can't afford to pay drivers bonuses for passive RP, then there's no incentive to do it. Personally, I have no problem with passive RP, I do it all the time. But for most players, they consider it boring and won't do it without a reward. True, we are on an RP server and people should be roleplaying without expecting money. But this is what we get for having a working economy on an RP server. 

Edited by ScarletRose
  • Upvote 2