Change how houses are handled.

Detailed Description

Today I was lucky enough to find a house in a location that my OFFCIAL faction is located. It was lost due to inactivity or someone sold it back to the server. Instead of being able to buy the house for the faction I was met with the line "request it via house requests."

I suggest that a change to the red tape required to get a property if it's lost due to someone's negligence. 

Relevant Commands/Items

Allow /buyproperty to actually be used.

How will it benefit the server?

Instead of having multiple houses that PM admins are going to have to monitor and take back and forth why not allow people to actively purchase places that are supposed to be on the market. I shouldn't have to wait 3-4 weeks for a property that my faction needs and will use. I keep seeing how backed up PM is and don't understand how this isn't simply creating more work for themselves, as in enough time all the properties in the server will not ever be actually owned by players and all of it just on a OOC mortgage with PM or lease agreement. 

• Upvote 1

And then you're gonna have the issue you were already having with randoms just buying property in places they shouldn't be (2019 South Central was exactly like that). Shit happens. I lost a PM-owned house I've had for 8 months with 2/3 hours needed because I didn't do /vacation and no admin cared to give it back, but they refunded some of the $ lost and the furniture amount.

What I do agree on is that the PM process is strenuous, lengthy, and it could perhaps take more automation in the interest of time. When it takes up to 2-5 weeks to say yes or no on something pretty sensical (and we know why, because there's literally not enough PM admins or you just can't force people to vote on apps properly) then that's a problem within itself & this goes for everyone, no matter what you role-play. It's gotten to a point where you're lucky to find a house on the market in any area worth buying one.

The idea of the system itself seems pretty OK but the way it's executed makes it less than desirable so perhaps something more specific → imagine a /buyproperty with a quick reason you write IG, waiting to be approved IG, that doesn't take ages to comb through, especially if coming from a player invited in a faction script. Administrators then deal with them in game akin to reports. They render WPs back also. Now I don't know the feasibility of that and if 250 characters is sometimes enough but it's definitely better on the player end than the current way.

Edited by liq
On 4/25/2022 at 7:12 PM, liq said:

And then you're gonna have the issue you were already having with randoms just buying property in places they shouldn't be (2019 South Central was exactly like that). Shit happens. I lost a PM-owned house I've had for 8 months with 2/3 hours needed because I didn't do /vacation and no admin cared to give it back, but they refunded some of the $ lost and the furniture amount.

What I do agree on is that the PM process is strenuous, lengthy, and it could perhaps take more automation in the interest of time. When it takes up to 2-5 weeks to say yes or no on something pretty sensical (and we know why, because there's literally not enough PM admins or you just can't force people to vote on apps properly) then that's a problem within itself & this goes for everyone, no matter what you role-play. It's gotten to a point where you're lucky to find a house on the market in any area worth buying one.

The idea of the system itself seems pretty OK but the way it's executed makes it less than desirable so perhaps something more specific → imagine a /buyproperty with a quick reason you write IG, waiting to be approved IG, that doesn't take ages to comb through, especially if coming from a player invited in a faction script. Administrators then deal with them in game akin to reports. They render WPs back also. Now I don't know the feasibility of that and if 250 characters is sometimes enough but it's definitely better on the player end than the current way.

South Central is still the same. You got random people owning house around the area and don't even RP there. So this system is much, much needed. 

As others said, the system is there so people won't abuse free houses to get rich and do house flipping. The UCP system works fine in my opinion, it doesn't take ages for your house to get approved and it's usually based on your roleplay. 

As an example, on another known SA: MP server, the issue was that bad that houses that were at 50K MP were sold up to 5mil because the property system was broke, and PM didn't cared enough to do this - house wipes happened and basically everyone looked for houses and made themselves rich, including myself (I was just starting playing there when I found a fully furnished house, bought for 80k and sold it for 15M, in 8 hours I made myself rich with little to no roleplay and no intention of character development). 

Property Management is there to assure that the housing market doesn't go crazy and we keep a pretty stable market, including the housing rules which everyone should follow - they still lock and discuss properties that are up for sale which are not 100% complied with the rules, so they are doing their jobs pretty OK from my side. 

-1: there's no reason to take out a rule just because it takes time to buy a place. I'm roleplaying in Sandy and I'm waiting for a property to be available, I can wait to make sure that the property is OK for my character. 

1 hour ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

The community has already proven it's not trustworthy enough to handle itself when it comes to properties. And whether you agree with it or not, a system is required. I don't know if the current system is the right one - but it has to have some over sight.

👆

Big up for this. I'd also add, be more realistic about houses. You cannot have luxury, 3 storey interior in 1 storey house somewhere in Grapeseed and sell it for millions. There should be a rule about this. Things like this literally bar people interested in living there, from rping there.

Edited by Engelbert
On 5/2/2022 at 5:03 AM, Engelbert said:

Big up for this. I'd also add, be more realistic about houses. You cannot have luxury, 3 storey interior in 1 storey house somewhere in Grapeseed and sell it for millions. There should be a rule about this. Things like this literally bar people interested in living there, from rping there.

there are rules against this, and you can always report it. I've seen houses and businesses going under PM's investigation, and I totally agree with you.

• Upvote 1