Launcher crashing at "Validating Server Assets" ONLY when connecting to GTAW

Hello!

I've been trying to log back into GTA World for nearly a week now, but I always find my Launcher crashing at "Validating Server Assets". The weird thing is that it only happens for GTA World. Any other server I select, I was able to immediately connect, download their assets, and reach their log in screen.

I have done multiple things, per some of the posts on this forum, RageMP's forum, and GTAW's Discord Support. I can't reach RageMP's Discord due to a bot problem on their end that prohibits me from accessing the chat.

The things that I have in an attempt to solve these, from what I can remember, are:

• Delete the client resources and downloaded them through alternative means (Friends, GTAW's website.)
  • Reinstalled GTAV and RageMP several times. (I installed RageMP at both C and D drives.)
  • Formatted my laptop.
  • Updated my NVIDIA GPU driver, Intel, and my network adapter.
  • The methods described in below forum post 
  • Disable Windows Defender and Firewall.

Additionally, in the random chance that I was able to get past the validating server assets and download it. My download bar was stuck 1500 MB for an hour and a half.

After many attempts, I was able to download the assets through the launcher, and connect. However, when trying to reconnect, the Launcher was downloading an additonal 1500 MB download, despite me having all the assets ready.

I'm at wits end about this - if there's any idea or suggestion that you have, please let me know.

Additionally, attached are the logs from RAGE, as well as my computer specifications - if that helps understand the situation.

image.thumb.png.2935a80d203ec51ffb247c4611d928b3.png

image.png.4b70b6e96f7408145204b47b822db6b4.png

main_logs.txt

Edited by TheHiddenMiner
Clarification

I used to have the same issue, wasn't able to play gtaw for a week or so. I just kept deleting the client_resources folder over and over again, and then it started working eventually for some reason after like 20 tries, so I think the issue is not with your PC / your game but with Rage being Rage. I asked someone for help on the Rage discord and they told me to use a VPN when launching Rage - it didn't help me, but maybe it will help you (I don't see how a VPN would help but the guy in Rage discord said it helped him so shrug, there's a few free VPN apps you can download and try).

@TheHiddenMiner

Follow these steps: 

1) Delete the client_resources folder from your RAGE directory (see, that you've tried it before, but still).

2) Shut down all the side programs (Nvidia, Razer Synapse, etc). If you use Steam/Epic Games launcher GTA version, keep them opened.

3) Launch the RAGE as administrator (right click on the icon, Run as admin).

4) Connect to the server directly, don't choose it from the list of servers.

Let me know if it works.

11 hours ago, Dreams & Nightmares said:

@TheHiddenMiner

Follow these steps: 

1) Delete the client_resources folder from your RAGE directory (see, that you've tried it before, but still).

2) Shut down all the side programs (Nvidia, Razer Synapse, etc). If you use Steam/Epic Games launcher GTA version, keep them opened.

3) Launch the RAGE as administrator (right click on the icon, Run as admin).

4) Connect to the server directly, don't choose it from the list of servers.

Let me know if it works.

Didnt help at all for me

11 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Have you tried going into singleplayer, changing your graphical specifications way down and changing the screentype to windowed?  I've heard about this working in some cases.

just tried this still not working not sure what else i could do.

• Wuhtah locked this topic