[Discussion]: What businesses you would like to see on GTA:W?

Mistery14

2 hours ago, thelostart22 said:

I'm just talking about a problem I've encountered on currently active businesses. A candle store swarmed by customers doesn't have any time to advise you on your purchases and many shops like that just end up with a line of customers ready to spill a few bills in exchange for an item and that's all.

This is my business, and we absolutely do have time to do so and do it all the time.  This is up to the customer as well. If you come in knowing what you want to get then not much RP can be provided there, but I've taken 30 minutes upwards to an hour of rp to help people pick out scents, make gift baskets for loved ones based on the individual person etc. If someone is willing to let us do so, we always do, but people can become very impatient in shops like this and we often get yelled at IC and sometimes OOCLY for taking too long. Also, if even you come in and do a quick exchange to buy your items, RP is provided based on what you do afterwards. Do you give it to a loved ones because the scent reminds you of them, set an infomarker in your home afterwards with your new candle to let guests know what your home smells of and make a conversation around it etc. There's plenty of ways to get RP out of unique businesses, you can also walk around in these stores and explore the stock, in our case we have scent descriptions  on our site, people come in with groups of friends and rp smelling them and picking them out, seems like they get good rp out of it. 

Edited by Pickle
  • Applaud 2
On 4/29/2022 at 5:49 PM, Pickle said:

This is my business, and we absolutely do have time to do so and do it all the time.  This is up to the customer as well. If you come in knowing what you want to get then not much RP can be provided there, but I've taken 30 minutes upwards to an hour of rp to help people pick out scents, make gift baskets for loved ones based on the individual person etc. If someone is willing to let us do so, we always do, but people can become very impatient in shops like this and we often get yelled at IC and sometimes OOCLY for taking too long. Also, if even you come in and do a quick exchange to buy your items, RP is provided based on what you do afterwards. Do you give it to a loved ones because the scent reminds you of them, set an infomarker in your home afterwards with your new candle to let guests know what your home smells of and make a conversation around it etc. There's plenty of ways to get RP out of unique businesses. 

Not to start anything, but as a co-owner of the business. When I was helping someone pick out scents you literally have people like these. You expect us to take our time when some people get salty OOC and impatient IC.

I don’t think some people understand that this is a game and we have to wait for people to type up their response. 

Edited by BobAndMila.
4 hours ago, Mistery14 said:

Hey, thanks a lot for educating me on the matter, this is really helpful as there are many things in there I wasn't aware about.

But this system does seem to be complicate things the way I see it. Factions are a big factor for RP on the server, which is normal of course, but - Therefore, how can a player make the difference between a business and a faction when they want to start their own companies? Are factions purely non-profit or is it a mix of the two? Let's take an example, if I want to start my own mail delivery company as someone suggested on the first page (And honestly I've had the idea before but never really knew how to put it in practice), would I have to start my own faction or lease/buy a business from a player and make it from scratch or would I get some help in setting it up?

And as for the fact your ISP business isn't being seen by many people, you have a great point because I think this is the first time I'm hearing about it yet it interests me, wish there were more ways for players to be aware of businesses like that.

Factions are something you apply for when you have your business, they're two separate things. 

A faction usually gets LFM support in terms of money and websites/landlines and faction chat and some script support and mod support. It is also depending on the faction wether or not they're non profit or not (see PHMC, Aurum and so on) 

For your mail company, you start out as a business and run it like a business. You can get LFM funding though it should and will be your last resort, they expect you to find funding from other places before you reach out to them. For help, you can ask other players on the gtaw business discord.

A whole faction from scratch would require LFM/Management decision.

Yea, my company is pretty niche but it is also niche because of the nature of the company and what it offers. It does not offer tangible items or services like other service based companies do, it is more like Aurum in this sense. You do it purely for the RP so probably why not many wants it.

1 hour ago, $hadow said:

I haven't seen any kart racing, but I think we do have the potential for that! Or at least, just for the fun of it. 

We've had several attempts at kart racing, they just never got consistent with opening and disappeared after a couple weeks, like most businesses do.

• 2 weeks later...