[Discussion]: What businesses you would like to see on GTA:W?

Mistery14

There's are shit hole places around the map, but tend to not open most of the times or they open but they don't have the blip. Turn the blib free it makes no sense to fuck more than half of the people if they don't have 25 euros every month to spent on the server. You want diferent businesses and criative rp but you (admins or owners)  have the blip behind a paywall, makes no sense.

- Hospital economic revamp - why there's no payment bill or a fucking insure like irl? It sucks to don't have free national health, but we RPing in America and you want every lil shit to be so realistic but you don't change it;

- Private hospitals and small clinics, like a dentist or a psicologist;

- a revamp on the clothing system, don't get me wrong but a different twitch on the clothing shops like a place where you can go shopping for real and having a real rp experience. You spent IC cash on a few exclusive clothes. That would be cool.

- Places that sell knifes and other meele items that wouldn't cost the same as a cheap car.

- this one is a bit of a far fetched one, but some farm script a bit more complexed with different items would be cool. It would be maybe some farm ville simulator, but that script would create a lot of possibilities and fun encounters. Having one real 1st sector, with all the trucking and restaurants network.

There's more ideas... But I have the feeling that none reads this much so I am not waisting the time.

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, Mistery14 said:

I'm not sure if I completely get the question but I'll try to answer as best I can to this as I haven't had the opportunity to own a business yet so, take it with a grain of salt.

There's different types of businesses on GTA W from what I've gathered:

- Server owned businesses such as 24/7s, Liquor, Hairdressing, Clothing shops, gas stations, hardware stores, ammu-nation stores, and basically anywhere you can go in and buy things even when players aren't around are server-owned and I'm not sure if anyone really gets actual profit from those but I may be mistaken.

- You also have player-owned businesses, and, in itself what a business is, essentially is just a space that you buy in order to establish your own business in. For example let's say that if I want to buy an abandoned warehouse off of someone and set up offices there for entirely different purposes, I can, because it would belong to me if I buy it and I can do what ever I want with that space. The previous owner wouldn't really have a say in my business decisions. I could either run my business alone or hire people to do it for me and collect profits. The same would apply in GTA: World.

- Then you have non-profit organizations, such as the Health Center, or the LS University (ULSA?) which basically is technically speaking a business, but the player founding it decided that instead of establishing, say a bar, or a club, they'd instead give players an original and rather unique choice of roleplay that isn't focusing on collecting money from selling goods and services but rather providing roleplay for people.

- Lastly, you have companies. These companies such as Gruppe 6 or Aurum and others, focus on giving in-game work to players and characters. I'm unaware as to how these companies get IC profit, but the people working for said companies in-game do get paid (As, any company should do to their employees ofc).

Basically speaking a business is whatever you make it to be. People are currently mostly following trends, which are bars, restaurants, and clubs because they provide the most profit in the business scene, but truthfully, once you acquire the rights to establish a business and if you are able to afford advertising your business effectively with /bad and blips (They aren't required to run a business, especially if it's a stationary and already well-known company but, without them it is very hard to run a successful business as the other ways of advertising your business are less effective.), you can make what ever you want from it. Whether it's building your own little snack shop, building a mail delivery company, a security company, what ever you want.

I hope it answers your question at least! Frezemis has also provided a good answer.

In a sense it does though, I appreciate it.

I'm not sure if this was already in here but I'd like to see more diversity in county businesses, and not only the one that are typical for that area. 

I'd love to see diners, restaurants, bowling alleys, pool places where we can have tournaments, and so on. 

3 hours ago, SOCRATES said:

I'm not sure if this was already in here but I'd like to see more diversity in county businesses, and not only the one that are typical for that area. 

I'd love to see diners, restaurants, bowling alleys, pool places where we can have tournaments, and so on. 

I would honestly like to see much more diverse businesses in the county and i’m talking about the type of businesses that would have you stay around the county area as a county rper( or have people visit the county)

I feel like the whole business blip thing should be something that can be bought monthly through Panda Points as a choice which would probably promote activity

Edited by PrinceCane
On 4/26/2022 at 4:02 PM, Mistery14 said:

I'm not sure if I completely get the question but I'll try to answer as best I can to this as I haven't had the opportunity to own a business yet so, take it with a grain of salt.

There's different types of businesses on GTA W from what I've gathered:

- Server owned businesses such as 24/7s, Liquor, Hairdressing, Clothing shops, gas stations, hardware stores, ammu-nation stores, and basically anywhere you can go in and buy things even when players aren't around are server-owned and I'm not sure if anyone really gets actual profit from those but I may be mistaken.

- You also have player-owned businesses, and, in itself what a business is, essentially is just a space that you buy in order to establish your own business in. For example let's say that if I want to buy an abandoned warehouse off of someone and set up offices there for entirely different purposes, I can, because it would belong to me if I buy it and I can do what ever I want with that space. The previous owner wouldn't really have a say in my business decisions. I could either run my business alone or hire people to do it for me and collect profits. The same would apply in GTA: World.

- Then you have non-profit organizations, such as the Health Center, or the LS University (ULSA?) which basically is technically speaking a business, but the player founding it decided that instead of establishing, say a bar, or a club, they'd instead give players an original and rather unique choice of roleplay that isn't focusing on collecting money from selling goods and services but rather providing roleplay for people.

- Lastly, you have companies. These companies such as Gruppe 6 or Aurum and others, focus on giving in-game work to players and characters. I'm unaware as to how these companies get IC profit, but the people working for said companies in-game do get paid (As, any company should do to their employees ofc).

Basically speaking a business is whatever you make it to be. People are currently mostly following trends, which are bars, restaurants, and clubs because they provide the most profit in the business scene, but truthfully, once you acquire the rights to establish a business and if you are able to afford advertising your business effectively with /bad and blips (They aren't required to run a business, especially if it's a stationary and already well-known company but, without them it is very hard to run a successful business as the other ways of advertising your business are less effective.), you can make what ever you want from it. Whether it's building your own little snack shop, building a mail delivery company, a security company, what ever you want.

I hope it answers your question at least! Frezemis has also provided a good answer.

Hello. I, as a player that owns two business scripts and one business, can correct you a bit on this.

You can lease/own server owned businesses. Most ammo stores are run/owned by players. Some gas stations as well and some 24/7's as well. You can usually lease them.

Anyone can start an IC business via the LSGov registration however to have a script business, you need property and a script which you can apply for via PM whenever they have their stuff open to request. 

You cannot buy/lease something from PM and change its original stuff. Lemme explain, you rent an office? You can't change it to something else like a bar or gambling  club. You buy a property for warehouse stuff and later you want to change it to a bar? Can't. You need to talk to PM about that and it may not always be successful. 

It is however different if you buy a business from a player, you can mostly do whatever you want with that unless PM has set specific conditions for that business and no, you still need to show your face to businesses you run even if you buy it from a player or PM.

Non-profit organizations are indeed factions and not businesses scriptly and many of them are businesses scriptly. I do not believe a player founded ULSA, that was a faction. They earn profit from being funded by the government/LFM/donations/fees for education etc.

Companies like the ones you mentioned are faction and has been deemed to provide unique and vital RP to the community, their profit comes from a mixture of LFM grants and selling services like Aurum selling power, G6/Bobcat selling security services and so on.

I run an ISP and have been aggressively advertising it but it is hard to find people that do not know me or the brand to buy services from it, I am relying strictly on people I know or know me to do it. I've been in the red since I started it in August 2021.

• Upvote 1
On 4/25/2022 at 9:15 AM, thelostart22 said:

Businesses that just sell specific items are boring. Hello i buy that, -500 dollars please, -here you go good day. Rinse and repeat

That’s totally up to business owner. Nobody restrict you from RPing more than just cashier. Guitar shop for example - owner has a ton of things to RP about it. Don’t be just cashier - be expert, be adviser. Talk with customers about their interest in music, help them find an instrument that will perfectly meet their requirements, give guitar lessons at your shop. An owner doesn’t have to just sell items, there can be plenty of RP to make as well.

I'm just talking about a problem I've encountered on currently active businesses. A candle store swarmed by customers doesn't have any time to advise you on your purchases and many shops like that just end up with a line of customers ready to spill a few bills in exchange for an item and that's all.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Anders said:

Hello. I, as a player that owns two business scripts and one business, can correct you a bit on this.

You can lease/own server owned businesses. Most ammo stores are run/owned by players. Some gas stations as well and some 24/7's as well. You can usually lease them.

Anyone can start an IC business via the LSGov registration however to have a script business, you need property and a script which you can apply for via PM whenever they have their stuff open to request. 

You cannot buy/lease something from PM and change its original stuff. Lemme explain, you rent an office? You can't change it to something else like a bar or gambling  club. You buy a property for warehouse stuff and later you want to change it to a bar? Can't. You need to talk to PM about that and it may not always be successful. 

It is however different if you buy a business from a player, you can mostly do whatever you want with that unless PM has set specific conditions for that business and no, you still need to show your face to businesses you run even if you buy it from a player or PM.

Non-profit organizations are indeed factions and not businesses scriptly and many of them are businesses scriptly. I do not believe a player founded ULSA, that was a faction. They earn profit from being funded by the government/LFM/donations/fees for education etc.

Companies like the ones you mentioned are faction and has been deemed to provide unique and vital RP to the community, their profit comes from a mixture of LFM grants and selling services like Aurum selling power, G6/Bobcat selling security services and so on.

I run an ISP and have been aggressively advertising it but it is hard to find people that do not know me or the brand to buy services from it, I am relying strictly on people I know or know me to do it. I've been in the red since I started it in August 2021.

Hey, thanks a lot for educating me on the matter, this is really helpful as there are many things in there I wasn't aware about.

But this system does seem to be complicate things the way I see it. Factions are a big factor for RP on the server, which is normal of course, but - Therefore, how can a player make the difference between a business and a faction when they want to start their own companies? Are factions purely non-profit or is it a mix of the two? Let's take an example, if I want to start my own mail delivery company as someone suggested on the first page (And honestly I've had the idea before but never really knew how to put it in practice), would I have to start my own faction or lease/buy a business from a player and make it from scratch or would I get some help in setting it up?

And as for the fact your ISP business isn't being seen by many people, you have a great point because I think this is the first time I'm hearing about it yet it interests me, wish there were more ways for players to be aware of businesses like that.