[Discussion]: What businesses you would like to see on GTA:W?

Mistery14

17 hours ago, Mistery14 said:

Yeah. I get the feeling as well that there should be more of these. There's plenty of RP opportunities for these types of businesses in my opinion, things like characters wanting to gift one another with something is an example.

It can also be, I don't know, a business that specializes in hunting equipment, like whistles and various camouflage clothing items, or maybe fishing stores. Little things like that. There's just so many ideas that are restrained from fear of not being very successful because bars and clubs sort of run the business scene. People are less inclined to be adventurous with their business ideas and prefer to stick to trends. It's very unfortunate.

Just things overall that would make LS feel alive and lived in all day and night rather than being a nocturnal city where everything happens during the evenings and nights.

You have good points right there.

Public works is such a good idea. I actually had the idea of a postal service but I have no idea how to run these sorts of businesses in-game, as it's a mixed bag of OOC and IC.

I'll add that, companies like a postal service could actually encourage people who play minors to actually get a job like say a mail deliverer on a bicycle or something if they don't have a driver's license yet. It'd be great. Or for those who do have a driver's license, driving street sweepers or something like that. Mundane things that are actually very important in making a world feel believable.

As for blips, I do agree yeah. There's just so much wasted opportunity with the fact that they're behind a paywall. As I've said in other threads yep, the server has to be paid for but there are much better alternatives IMO, could you imagine if these were more accessible? Businesses would be everywhere, and that's good. It makes people move more, makes player interaction more prevalent and encourages people to RP with one another as they run into each other. And that goes for both day and night, why is LS only active at night when there's more than enough players during "downtime"? Downtime is like 200 - 400 players, and currently, there's like 1 business per 100 or so players or something. It's a ridiculously small number of choices that people have when they want to go places.

I'll actually link to it if you feel like taking a look.

I agree with your 4th point as well. I think both RPG and player elements when it comes to companies/businesses are equally important; players run them, RPG elements make them function, in sorts. If you get what I mean.

It really depends at how you look at it. I get what you mean. I really think that if business owners were more encouraged to provide RP rather than own businesses for solely profit, it would benefit a lot in the RP scene of the server. But yeah, I don't want to get back to that blip argument which I've had countless times, but I believe paid blips still contribute to the fact that most people want their businesses to be profitable - Because they actually paid to be able to use it. Why wouldn't anyone want that, after all?

Question , When people buy or own these businesses , are they required to roleplay in their businesses to sell their product to the community or are they solely the owner and collect the profit ? Because im quite sure people just go in a buy items and roleplay when they feel the need too, I know that could be only for certain businesses but is it a thing ? for example like convenient stores, Liquor stores, certain bars and restaurants......

Question , When people buy or own these businesses , are they required to roleplay in their businesses to sell their product to the community or are they solely the owner and collect the profit ? Because im quite sure people just go in a buy items and roleplay when they feel the need too, I know that could be only for certain businesses but is it a thing ? for example like convenient stores, Liquor stores, certain bars and restaurants......

7 minutes ago, BetterDayz said:

Depends. If it’s a leased business they need to part take. If it’s owned, owner still needs to show some sort of presence so it’s not solely just for profit. Most business owners check in on their businesses and make sure it’s still remaining profitable.

22 minutes ago, BetterDayz said:

I'm not sure if I completely get the question but I'll try to answer as best I can to this as I haven't had the opportunity to own a business yet so, take it with a grain of salt.

There's different types of businesses on GTA W from what I've gathered:

- Server owned businesses such as 24/7s, Liquor, Hairdressing, Clothing shops, gas stations, hardware stores, ammu-nation stores, and basically anywhere you can go in and buy things even when players aren't around are server-owned and I'm not sure if anyone really gets actual profit from those but I may be mistaken.

- You also have player-owned businesses, and, in itself what a business is, essentially is just a space that you buy in order to establish your own business in. For example let's say that if I want to buy an abandoned warehouse off of someone and set up offices there for entirely different purposes, I can, because it would belong to me if I buy it and I can do what ever I want with that space. The previous owner wouldn't really have a say in my business decisions. I could either run my business alone or hire people to do it for me and collect profits. The same would apply in GTA: World.

- Then you have non-profit organizations, such as the Health Center, or the LS University (ULSA?) which basically is technically speaking a business, but the player founding it decided that instead of establishing, say a bar, or a club, they'd instead give players an original and rather unique choice of roleplay that isn't focusing on collecting money from selling goods and services but rather providing roleplay for people.

- Lastly, you have companies. These companies such as Gruppe 6 or Aurum and others, focus on giving in-game work to players and characters. I'm unaware as to how these companies get IC profit, but the people working for said companies in-game do get paid (As, any company should do to their employees ofc).

Basically speaking a business is whatever you make it to be. People are currently mostly following trends, which are bars, restaurants, and clubs because they provide the most profit in the business scene, but truthfully, once you acquire the rights to establish a business and if you are able to afford advertising your business effectively with /bad and blips (They aren't required to run a business, especially if it's a stationary and already well-known company but, without them it is very hard to run a successful business as the other ways of advertising your business are less effective.), you can make what ever you want from it. Whether it's building your own little snack shop, building a mail delivery company, a security company, what ever you want.

I hope it answers your question at least! Frezemis has also provided a good answer.

Edited by Mistery14
5 minutes ago, Frezemis said:

Depends. If it’s a leased business they need to part take. If it’s owned, owner still needs to show some sort of presence so it’s not solely just for profit. Most business owners check in on their businesses and make sure it’s still remaining profitable.

Okay I can understand that,  how would you think people would react or how would roleplay be if there was businesses that people can own but also be in the stores to sell their products as you know IRL their are multiple business owners who actually work their business every single day.

On 4/25/2022 at 1:33 AM, BINGBONGBALONEY said:

Said it a million times before and I'll say it again, I wanna see a nightclub/bar that's 100% illegal RP focused, just the most horrible place on earth where shithead characters go to meet other shithead characters with the intent to shoot up, pickup chicks/dudes or fight people they have a problem with. Almost comically bad

Sick of having and seeing characters that are the majority in a city like LS/LA but no businesses at all to interact with, crackheads, tweakers, ex-cons and gangsters aren't going to hit up Rockford or Vinewood bars, they're only forced there because EVERYTHING business related is intended for middle-class/upper-class characters, very boring. 

The Crimson Ghost is your answer...

7 minutes ago, Mistery14 said:

I'm not sure if I completely get the question but I'll try to answer as best I can to this as I haven't had the opportunity to own a business yet so, take it with a grain of salt.

There's different types of businesses on GTA W from what I've gathered:

- Server owned businesses such as 24/7s, Liquor, Hairdressing, Clothing shops, gas stations, hardware stores, ammu-nation stores, and basically anywhere you can go in and buy things even when players aren't around are server-owned and I'm not sure if anyone really gets actual profit from those but I may be mistaken.

- You also have player-owned businesses, and, in itself what a business is, essentially is just a space that you buy in order to establish your own business in. For example let's say that if I want to buy an abandoned warehouse off of someone and set up offices there for entirely different purposes, I can, because it would belong to me if I buy it and I can do what ever I want with that space. The previous owner wouldn't really have a say in my business decisions. I could either run my business alone or hire people to do it for me and collect profits. The same would apply in GTA: World.

- Then you have non-profit organizations, such as the Health Center, or the LS University (ULSA?) which basically is technically speaking a business, but the player founding it decided that instead of establishing, say a bar, or a club, they'd instead give players an original and rather unique choice of roleplay that isn't focusing on collecting money from selling goods and services but rather providing roleplay for people.

- Lastly, you have companies. These companies such as Gruppe 6 or Aurum and others, focus on giving in-game work to players and characters. I'm unaware as to how these companies get IC profit, but the people working for said companies in-game do get paid (As, any company should do to their employees ofc).

Basically speaking a business is whatever you make it to be. People are currently mostly following trends, which are bars, restaurants, and clubs because they provide the most profit in the business scene, but truthfully, once you acquire the rights to establish a business and if you are able to afford advertising your business, you can make what ever you want from it. Whether it's building your own little snack shop, building a mail delivery company, a security company, what ever you want.

Okay thanks for the info you definitely broke somethings down for me and I can understand how somethings are broken down , server owned and player owned, how do you feel about having businesses that players own but also have to spend sometime in their business selling their product to the community like people do IRL, don't you think that , that'll increase roleply and make shopping in some stores more enjoyable and active ?