Enable property owners to set /autolow inside their property

This is a must-have.

Automatic low applied to everyone who does not BOTHER to raise their character's voice (/t, /s) will massively increase rp in crowded scenes (clubs and any others that are highly frequented).

lsrp had this introduced on the samp server in I think late 2018 and it made club scenes much much better.

Precicely, there automatic /low as default speech range was applied inside all business-properties which mostly did the trick (as exceptions stating the rule, it was businesses who gathered to crowds).

Obviously a system like suggested here that allows property owners to pick a fitting stance for their scenery is an even better solution, and it should be done right this way.

As a general concept, this is tried and tested and should be implemented as soon as possible (and where I also would have said so of the news count or other stuff, this is much less niche and will enhance rp experience in crowded scenes server-wide!).

Furthermore, this would partially counter the current issue of the chat auto-scrolling, by reducing the overall chatload each player receives in such scenes.

Just ensure that /t gives normal range so one can talk without to keep the voice low, but also without to outrightly shot.

• Developer
14 minutes ago, knppel said:

Furthermore, this would partially counter the current issue of the chat auto-scrolling, by reducing the overall chatload each player receives in such scenes.

For clarity, the chat auto-scrolling issue has been fixed. If you're still experiencing this issue, please raise a bug report.

On the topic of the property-wide auto low, I don't see an issue with it personally and will look to implement it in a future update.

Thank you for the suggestion @Crocker.

• Upvote 1
  • Rothschild locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Developer
On 4/23/2022 at 11:45 PM, Crocker said:

Detailed Description 

As the title suggest, enable property owners to set /autlow for their interior/dimension for everyone. Players can use /t to speak at the regular sound/distance.

Relevant Commands/Items

Allow property owners in property settings via the I menu, enable /autolow for their interior/dimension.

How will it benefit the server?

This'll enable more realistic distance talking ranges for venues such as clubs, or jam-packed bars. Also it'll influence more interactions! 

If possible... of course. 

As promised - it should be available in one of the upcoming releases.

Keep an eye our for the relevant announcement.

c378dd4bcf3f237ecd0eae57de6cc564.png

• Upvote 1