Charleston projects

HappyGecko

I think we should have a poll to vote to take down the newly mapped in projects. They cause texture loss, constant crashing of the game whenever it loads in (yes, this happens to many, many people). The crashes are especially bad after the deployment of the last clothing update, so it could have something to do with it. Many people I know, me included, can not enter South LS without the game instantly closing thanks to said projects! I think we should reconsider and go back to having the mega mall 🙂 

• Upvote 4

I'd be happy if it didn't cause constant crashes to at least 20+ I know, myself included. It's bad, especially after the clothing update. This completely ruins any South LS roleplay for numerous of people who share the same issue. So yes, I am not happy, despite my name. 

Texture loss is primarily a problem with RageMP not allocating enough memory to the game for all the mods the server uses, it is entirely out of the scope of GTA:W to fix unless they are given the correct tools to do so by the developers of RageMP - because unlike FiveM or other clients RageMP does not currently support extended memory allocation for the streamer.

The map itself is OK but the LODs are missing and it completely disappears from the map if you're in a plane or helicopter. Besides that, a lot of people struggle to even get into the area of Davis due to the mapping creating game issues that leads to crashes or constant 10 second freezes. The map should either be optimized for compatibility with the server, or be taken down in return for the old Mega Mall.

Lowering specs could fix crashes, sure. However that would only be beneficial to people who actually roleplay in the area. People who just drive close to It, cops who respond to the area, they all crash, which shows by the amount of empty cars in the streets around the entrance towards south ls. I get the point of people role-playing there, sure. However looking at the greater picture of the entire server? I do think they should go until it's further optimized. Or at least until EAC is gone so people don't have to load in for 5 minutes cause they came too close to the projects 🙂

• Wuhtah locked this topic