Rewarding Good RP

Seanny

2 hours ago, sCrax said:

Yeah permanent here means 2 weeks: unknown.png

I had an admin instantly demand I namechange the moment I created an elderly black man with the first name "Napoleon" for being unrealistic (despite several real life examples of famous black people called that) when we got people with last names like "Steezy" running around.

Edited by Koko
16 minutes ago, Koko said:

I had an admin instantly demand I namechange the moment I created an elderly black man with the first name "Napoleon" for being unrealistic (despite several real life examples of famous black people called that) when we got people with last names like "Steezy" running around.

Cant be worse than Coke or Demons

25 minutes ago, Koko said:

Black men are only called Deandre Banks, everybody knows that.

i agree with everyone saying it shouldnt be rewarded it should be the standard. however it isn't the standard - and more often than not, good rpers are just shit talked because x person doesn't like y roleplay. whether it's some legal rper shitting on a gang rper that actually put the effort into understanding what they're rping, or some criminal rper shitting on a legal rper because they're rping a normal ass person doing normal ass things on a normal life rp server. there's such varying answers on what's "good rp" because everyone has an opinion and it's not always even a valid one since most people on here just troll and dont take it serious at all. its why we got truckers with 30 different cars running around doing lesbian erp all day after stopping their grind once they reach x amount of money that day like trucking is uber eats, and gang members that shoot every chance they have where they know if they're reported over it they have JUST enough to get it ruled as fair and do all sorts of shit that would get them DPed if it were realistic.

the good roleplay with higher standards is always overshadowed by the shit rp and the trolls. and then it's also practically like class warfare the way the good rpers treat each other to because for some reason on gta rp nobody's here to rp and have fun they're here to piss the other party off. especially if it's rp they dont agree with or accept. you got legal rpers that get all pissy and judgemental over a gang rper bragging about dm skills or shitting on the other factions, you got gang rpers shitting on people for rping sopranos or fast and furious shit or even just simple as shitting on people for rping a normal ass person that works at a liquor store. and then you got the stuck up mob rpers that just flat out call everyone a mallrat because they're not la cosa nostra baybee with the "ay tone you see this mallrat ova here?" behavior. it's not a cops and robbers server. it's a normal life rp server. literally the setting is sims rp. i dont know why people are surprised and angry over people rping a normal ass person - bad examples with low standards aside, obviously. there's deadass videos making fun of people "avataring" and lumping in the people that actually put standards to their rp with the shit examples purely because they're rping a normal citizen and not some gang member or mafioso or cop.

it's a little weird. those same people argue realism but dont want any of the actual real life realism? its basically crime roleplay where you're better off adding the NPC population because thats how most legal rpers are treated. as a result most legal rpers always treat illegal rpers and even leo rpers like shit as well and it's a vicious loop of never ending stupidity. there's like a very small portion of the community that's actually just existing and not shitting on every single person they see every chance they get and is just here to roleplay and have fun. that's a problem. one that's likely never going to go away either.

the back and forth between every side of RP's players constantly insulting each other is why none of the RP actually gets better. we're too busy fighting each other to actually improve. a lot of the times it feels like most players dont actually even have any rp standards or understand any form of realism that they argue for. the same person that fights for realism goes on facebrowser and shits on every single person's roleplay because of their menyoo pics and shitposting, yet if you go on social media in 2022 you're gonna see a lot of the same shit unless you're from some weird part of the world and only have friends from that same weird part of the world to the point of being locked in a bubble. people deadass get mad over thotty chars in a portrayal of california as if california is not full to the brim with sluts and fuckboys at every corner. yet when the violence is questioned it's "ic bro ic issue bro" despite it not being a realistic portrayal at all. are we portraying california and fighting for realism in all the character portrayals or are we playing cops and robbers with extra steps?

what even is "good roleplay" and how do we judge that without bias? every side is so judgmental of the other that it's not possible without fighting because each player on the server has their own idea of good roleplay - and it's usually wrong and overly opinionated with personal bias against one form or the other.

tl;dr - i dont think good rp should be rewarded, though i do think it should be respected even if you don't personally like doing it. unfortunately? we'll never have that because rpers on gta are to busy shitting on eachother and arguing back and forth with e thug this mallrat that. it'll just be a never-ending cycle of ooc immaturity.

that's my honest take on the matter. we can talk about this shit for hours but at the end of the day, gta rp will never change and neither will it's players.

• Upvote 3
6 hours ago, smo said:

i agree with everyone saying it shouldnt be rewarded it should be the standard. however it isn't the standard - and more often than not, good rpers are just shit talked because x person doesn't like y roleplay. whether it's some legal rper shitting on a gang rper that actually put the effort into understanding what they're rping, or some criminal rper shitting on a legal rper because they're rping a normal ass person doing normal ass things on a normal life rp server. there's such varying answers on what's "good rp" because everyone has an opinion and it's not always even a valid one since most people on here just troll and dont take it serious at all. its why we got truckers with 30 different cars running around doing lesbian erp all day after stopping their grind once they reach x amount of money that day like trucking is uber eats, and gang members that shoot every chance they have where they know if they're reported over it they have JUST enough to get it ruled as fair and do all sorts of shit that would get them DPed if it were realistic.

the good roleplay with higher standards is always overshadowed by the shit rp and the trolls. and then it's also practically like class warfare the way the good rpers treat each other to because for some reason on gta rp nobody's here to rp and have fun they're here to piss the other party off. especially if it's rp they dont agree with or accept. you got legal rpers that get all pissy and judgemental over a gang rper bragging about dm skills or shitting on the other factions, you got gang rpers shitting on people for rping sopranos or fast and furious shit or even just simple as shitting on people for rping a normal ass person that works at a liquor store. and then you got the stuck up mob rpers that just flat out call everyone a mallrat because they're not la cosa nostra baybee with the "ay tone you see this mallrat ova here?" behavior. it's not a cops and robbers server. it's a normal life rp server. literally the setting is sims rp. i dont know why people are surprised and angry over people rping a normal ass person - bad examples with low standards aside, obviously. there's deadass videos making fun of people "avataring" and lumping in the people that actually put standards to their rp with the shit examples purely because they're rping a normal citizen and not some gang member or mafioso or cop.

it's a little weird. those same people argue realism but dont want any of the actual real life realism? its basically crime roleplay where you're better off adding the NPC population because thats how most legal rpers are treated. as a result most legal rpers always treat illegal rpers and even leo rpers like shit as well and it's a vicious loop of never ending stupidity. there's like a very small portion of the community that's actually just existing and not shitting on every single person they see every chance they get and is just here to roleplay and have fun. that's a problem. one that's likely never going to go away either.

the back and forth between every side of RP's players constantly insulting each other is why none of the RP actually gets better. we're too busy fighting each other to actually improve. a lot of the times it feels like most players dont actually even have any rp standards or understand any form of realism that they argue for. the same person that fights for realism goes on facebrowser and shits on every single person's roleplay because of their menyoo pics and shitposting, yet if you go on social media in 2022 you're gonna see a lot of the same shit unless you're from some weird part of the world and only have friends from that same weird part of the world to the point of being locked in a bubble. people deadass get mad over thotty chars in a portrayal of california as if california is not full to the brim with sluts and fuckboys at every corner. yet when the violence is questioned it's "ic bro ic issue bro" despite it not being a realistic portrayal at all. are we portraying california and fighting for realism in all the character portrayals or are we playing cops and robbers with extra steps?

what even is "good roleplay" and how do we judge that without bias? every side is so judgmental of the other that it's not possible without fighting because each player on the server has their own idea of good roleplay - and it's usually wrong and overly opinionated with personal bias against one form or the other.

tl;dr - i dont think good rp should be rewarded, though i do think it should be respected even if you don't personally like doing it. unfortunately? we'll never have that because rpers on gta are to busy shitting on eachother and arguing back and forth with e thug this mallrat that. it'll just be a never-ending cycle of ooc immaturity.

that's my honest take on the matter. we can talk about this shit for hours but at the end of the day, gta rp will never change and neither will it's players.

it's due to the shocking percentage of the server that don't understand that their character isn't real, neither are their assets and nothing bad that happens to your character matters in the slightest. in all honesty though, it would help if these IC assets weren't such a grind of time to get but instead a test of your roleplay because thats the only real aspect of the server, your time invested. dont get me wrong and assume this means the assets matter, my point is if someone wants to roleplay anything that requires an asset in-game to be immersive, they shouldn't have to dedicate hours of their life doing medial driving routes side-jobs that will have no future impact on my character and will be more or less voided from memory.

putting that into context of the topic though - people who are great roleplayers won't care even if they lose something they grinded for. it's part of their story. good roleplayers, whom are normally providing good content, might change their behaviour if said in-game asset is on the line, since it took time to get the money to buy it or could even be money itself. Then they rule break or break immersion. you either need to make it easier on those "good" roleplayers to not get so attached to their character and assets or up the standard to "great" roleplayers only. at which point you'll have a playerbase of fifty that will die out quicker than SA:MP. it's a fine line.

Edited by PRESCRIPTION
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic