Rewarding Good RP

Seanny

39 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

But what's the actual reward? A loot box? Who cares? Loot boxes are a gamey system designed to prey on people with addictive personalities and a drive them to keep playing the game with an intangible reward system. "Message Nervous if you get the golden panda" - so there's some prize out there that might be worth having. But a reward isn't spending time in game to cash in these tickets for literally less tickets.

Even though I do appreciate the thought behind giving people donor shit without having to pay IRL money, it's always funny seeing something created as satire to mock something while also doing the exact thing they mock.

It'd be like the main protagonist of a video game being like "Ugh, a water level? No thanks." as a funny meta joke but then forcing you to play through a boring water level anyway.

If you wanna reward good RP, ask the person you rp-d with their UCP name and send them some gifts. This "good rp rewarding ig" is not good at all. Why? Because people come from different countries and have different backgrounds - some make more unique characters, others are more bland ones, which is fine. And who will give the rewards? Staff? Well, then it might become a "I-am-a-good-friend-of-the-admin-gimme-rewards" system. 

i'm with the general consensus that it's more about punishing those who are below a "good" level. i know veteran roleplayers who still had to take two shots at the server application yet some of those that are accepted act as if its their first ever experience in a roleplay community. i think punishments are pretty fair here for people who slip up or act out occasionally but those that just aren't good enough need to be cracked down on, at least until they can prove they've drastically improved.

on a side note the server is always going to be bashed with "dm server, noob server" w/e. roleplay communities have always had huge ego's, you just have to ignore it and remember half the time those that are saying it are probably part of the problem and upset over something in-character.

• Wuhtah locked this topic