Rewarding Good RP

Seanny

Over the last few days, we've seen threads about "shit RP", "becoming a DM server", etc but let's look at the good things and see how we can make those even better. No such thing as too much of a good thing, right?

I think good RP should be rewarded by staff, with world points or panda points (or something else, idk). Encouraging good (or even excellent) RP is something that needs to be done more often and I believe it can have a positive effect.

What do you think should be done to reward people for good RP?

Please leave the negativity at the door.

4 minutes ago, MisfitActual said:

i thought that was what panda points were for

Panda points doesn't really reward good RP tho. All it seems to do is reward players who don't afk. Everyone earns 5 panda points an hour regardless if their RP is good or bad, even if they aren't RPing and just driving around, they still get that 5 panda points. Even if you're breaking the rules and DMing people, you still get 5 panda points an hour. It doesn't do anything to incentivize good RP. 

Shouldn't be rewarded for good RP, good RP should be the norm. As soon as you feel the need to reward people for doing good RP and consider that "unique" you know things are not going the right direction. Good RP shouldn't be rewarded because its how it should be from the start. Effort should be rewarded, they're not the same thing in most cases.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 4

There's no gold standard for RP on this server. What's good to some is horrible to others. We play by different strokes for different folks around here, and each faction, community, and clique within the greater GTAW community enforces their own norms and RP standards.

With that said, I definitely feel that this server has tendencies to reward poor RP: Players are often encouraged to grind money and assets instead of focusing on story or narrative character development.

I think the best way we can reward roleplayers is by encouraging more creative roleplay ventures. IFM schemes and LFM's new funding application are steps in the right direction by offering rewards to players willing to roleplay unorthodox or not commonly rewarded concepts.

Anything that opens up more versatility and creativity in roleplay will inevitably reward good roleplayers.

12 minutes ago, L I C E said:

the fact we need to discuss rewarding good rp shows you just how bad it really is right now lmao. you shouldn't need an award not to want to be a troll. you shouldn't even be on the server itself. it's a requirement, no?

• Wuhtah locked this topic