CK enforcement on lethal escalation.

There are better ways at combatting DM. Namely, better enforcing of the actual rule, and expanding punishments for people who improperly escalate conflicts and fail to show any little bit of human emotion in their characters. I'm guessing admins are working on something on that front, because the server environment has definitely taken a nosedive for the worse. However, enforcing CKs in this manner will just not be practical, and could lead to arbitrary rulings and forced character loss even if forcing a CK would've been improper.

No offense to current policy but when someone breaks 3 different rules on their second offense and gets a 30 minute ajail for unnecessary escalation, DM and looting? The problem is not the lack of CK's.

I don't fault the admins entirely. It's the age-old system every server uses that needs to go. The system of "verbal warnings" needs to disappear. Everything needs to go on record, from minor warnings to outright bans. Verbal warnings do not carry from Admin to Admin as far as a I know nor do they show up on someone's record, so one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing for repeat offenders. Admins need to be able to carry out judgement without worrying that someone will lawyer themselves into a staff report and end up getting their punishment overturned by upper management. Permanent bans need to stay permanent. None of this "appeal in six months" crap. If it's permanent, it stays permanent.  Ajails are archaic and need to go away. Temp bans should be the least of the punishments. People act with impunity because they are allowed to. Start swinging that ban hammer more often and you'll start seeing people get their act together. Kick people out who escalate issues into outright war for no reason, kill someone for looking in their direction or breathing the wrong way. Until then, what do you expect?

Edited by Brofessor
  • Applaud 2

A few points 

Miraculous recovery from wounds needs to stop. It's heavy roleplay and I was reading on a report this morning of someone who managed to be shooting again just an hour after being injured in a previous shooting where they had been injured.  Apparently they had treated thier wounds, but how on earth is that heavy rp.

I don't care how gangster or mobbed up you are resorting to guns more than once a week is poor character portrayal let alone multiple times a day.  Some form of counter should flag players for portrayal review if they injure people repeatedly (maybe stop them equipping weapons if they have used them more than twice in 7 days to injure )

Further the amount of "civilians" who whip out a gun and ultimately escalate issues is staggering. The reality is most people wouldn't do this irl as it only served to escalate situations (and heho guess what happens here).

Jail - I really struggle with people who do the crime and won't do meaningful time. Again it's heavy roleplay, so avoiding these consequences is not heavy roleplay.  I read this "my character is a hard core banger  or mobster", well the reality is most bangers end up jail for long stints when young and mobsters do also. The lack of RICO also creates a major lack of fear for faction leaders as a lot of them would be shut down very quickly through the actions of thier members 

Linked to the above, stitching. Real life consequences of getting caught mean people snitch. I have seen great roleplay on this server with people turning informer and they represent the best rolplayers. The P2W mentality is non existent in their approach to the game and their faction.  

And the final nonsense is "my character is so hard core and seen so much". I have never seen this portrayed well once. Their emotionally like ice when it comes to killing but then manage to function normally in every other aspect of thier game time as it suits the player. These people would be absolute messes and would end up dead or in jail very quickly.

So anyway, if consequences were heavily roleplayed shooting would diminish 

• 3 weeks later...