CK enforcement on lethal escalation.

The server has recently been plagued with downright horrible cases of DM, and people getting way too fast and loose with gunplay when it comes to conflict.
I suggest implementing a new rule, that basically is laid out as follows.

+When a character escalates a conflict to a lethal degree, their character is up for CK.
+If the player loses combat after instigating a fight to a lethal degree, the character is CKed.
+'Lethal' applies to Baseball bats, knives, dusters, and firearms. 
+Officially, this would be applied to the first person to fire / swing said weapon at another person.
+Those who are robbing others, would only be flagged for CK upon death IF they shot first.
+This almost means that if Person A is being robbed by Person B, and Person A decides to pull a weapon with intentions to stop a robbery? They are also liable for a CK if they lose.
+This also applies to LEO characters. In the event they are killed, they are instead given a name change. Capital murder charges could be applied where needed.

This would make people at least plan out their crimes, for the most part. There is just no value for life at this point, and it's turning into a DM focused server.
Can conflict happen and should it happen? Of course, but clearly there are people who are unable to portray a certain degree of fear when it comes to the severity of killing someone. We don't need to emulate it perfectly, but it's getting out of hand and has been for a while.

Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

Not a fan of more CKs. At the end of the day, the permadeath of a character just hurts the server, since development and relations are lost.

I'd rather see it harder to arm yourself.

Developments and relations are lost, which might make people actually second guess shooting someone over something stupid.

10 minutes ago, Nullish said:

+This also applies to LEO characters. In the event they are killed, they are instead given a name change. Capital murder charges could be applied where needed.

Ah yes very nice, it’ll take about a week before every cop you meet is just a blank irrelevant NPC throwaway. What a great idea, why don’t we implement identical ped skins too so we can have  total uniformity. 

Just now, eTaylor said:

Ah yes very nice, it’ll take about a week before every cop you meet is just a blank irrelevant NPC throwaway. What a great idea, why don’t we implement identical ped skins too so we can have  total uniformity. 

Again, this would prevent a single cop from opening fire on like 5 people who are armed. They might instead have to think.

Just now, Nullish said:

Again, this would prevent a single cop from opening fire on like 5 people who are armed. They might instead have to think.

Oh absolutely, God forbid cops forget to think about the type of situation they elect to get into. Every single interaction is entirely their choice. I’d prefer if all cops just stayed indoors filing paperwork but that’s just me. 

Just now, eTaylor said:

Oh absolutely, God forbid cops forget to think about the type of situation they elect to get into. Every single interaction is entirely their choice. I’d prefer if all cops just stayed indoors filing paperwork but that’s just me. 

It's always their choice when it boils down to the officer escalating a situation to lethal. This doesn't apply to if lethal force is first used against them. Read the suggestion.

Just now, Nullish said:

It's always their choice when it boils down to the officer escalating a situation to lethal. This doesn't apply to if lethal force is first used against them. Read the suggestion.

I have read the suggestion and it’s terrible, not just for cops but for everyone. Sounds cozy on paper, make people think about their stuff - all for it. Except that’s not how things work here. This is perfect for a small server with a 45 minute loop or a FiveM VoIP event gig, but if you’d apply it to the server, even hypothetical, you’d find a thousand problems with it. If the goal is to make people think you grossly overestimate the server. 

• Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I have read the suggestion and it’s terrible, not just for cops but for everyone. Sounds cozy on paper, make people think about their stuff - all for it. Except that’s not how things work here. This is perfect for a small server with a 45 minute loop or a FiveM VoIP event gig, but if you’d apply it to the server, even hypothetical, you’d find a thousand problems with it. If the goal is to make people think you grossly overestimate the server. 

I guess if you're under the assumption the server is better suited towards a DM mindset, I guess you're right.