Noticeable increase in shootings and violent occurrences

kirbyz

1 minute ago, Wes4mu089 said:

maybe barring a character account from creating a character in the same faction until the other account that is imprisoned has been inactive for more than 60 or 90 days.

Just some thoughts. 

I hear you, see my last sentence there, I do think that it could be something to try among other things for people to gauge the value of your character's life. If you have an interest in factions, a cooldown from your preferred one might be an option.

Truthfully, it's a game. Understandably a role playing game, but if anything reference when MCF vs ETOC; pacific bluffs shooting resulted in like a large scale shoot-out resulting in one soul survivor. Shootings develop and situations develop and they might not happen right then and there. They'll happen eventually, these are stories and they result in violence. If you are lost on situations, remain IC figure it out. Don't complain OOC, simple as.

1 minute ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

https://streamable.com/ie5fwu

Couldn't agree more.

This was from the movie Patriots Day, if I'm not mistaken; regarding the Boston Marathon bomber, which was a terrorist attack. Massachusetts had went into a lock down while the man-hunt for the bombers were being tracked down. If you watched the movie it's very insightful on it. Now referencing a cop shooting v gang members; it's not the same. Gang members get caught up, they let their other homies know to get into X position, ambush. Not a terrorist attack, no need for a entire state to be shut down.

3 minutes ago, BlindBvndit said:

Truthfully, it's a game. Understandably a role playing game, but if anything reference when MCF vs ETOC; pacific bluffs shooting resulted in like a large scale shoot-out resulting in one soul survivor. Shootings develop and situations develop and they might not happen right then and there. They'll happen eventually, these are stories and they result in violence. If you are lost on situations, remain IC figure it out. Don't complain OOC, simple as.

I think that we can both agree here that for every climatic, fully-developed large-scale shootout (which tend to be appreciated and praised by the community) there's tens of pointless mass shootouts with no real significant development and no real consequence other than losing a firearm.

1 minute ago, Koko said:

I think that we can both agree here that for every climatic, fully-developed large-scale shootout (which tend to be appreciated and praised by the community) there's tens of pointless mass shootouts with no real significant development and no real consequence other than losing a firearm.

How is there no real significant development for it? Organized Crime Groups are battling for a power struggle for turf and money. It happens IRL to a lesser scale than what happens in game. But the point of the matter is, is that we as the players stay IC; not complain about there being 34 shootings in Davis with 19 unsolved murders.

Now to touch on this, if you do see a large-scale shooting. It's most definitely two major powers going to war and I'll reference MCF & ETOC still. That war involved well over 200+ players.

18 minutes ago, BINGBONGBALONEY said:

Your actions were nothing short of horrific, in my 20 years as a GTAW admin I've never seen such horrendous and frankly shocking RP, you should be ashamed of yourself and consider what you're doing as an individual. Truly despicable acts as a player of this community. 

10 min ajail

The scene is utterly ridiculous. Trayquandus clearly showed little to no fear in the situation involving half the PD and SD, proceeding to call them "mallrats" in /b after being gunned down is lack of courtesy as it is. Not to mention Trayquandus' friend Keondale running up to the scene to loot his heavy pistol being surrounded by countless LEOs is truly unacceptable and a shocking display of low quality roleplay unfit for the server.

Permanently banned. Apply to [insert name here] after 2 months

Edited by Wolfhound
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, BlindBvndit said:

This was from the movie Patriots Day, if I'm not mistaken; regarding the Boston Marathon bomber, which was a terrorist attack. Massachusetts had went into a lock down while the man-hunt for the bombers were being tracked down. If you watched the movie it's very insightful on it. Now referencing a cop shooting v gang members; it's not the same. Gang members get caught up, they let their other homies know to get into X position, ambush. Not a terrorist attack, no need for a entire state to be shut down.

I think you are a bit unfamiliar with what's going on and why someone proposed a specific area lockdown.

Let me break down in brief please.

- 4 cops were killed (https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/71156-gerardo-trujillo-tristan-mejia-4/#comment-756951)

- Unknown number of cops were killed (later voided) 

- 1 (2?) cops were killed (https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/71260-cory-lee-4-3/#comment-758050)

- 5 cops got ambushed and all of them but one got killed (https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/72082-tomas-riveras-anthony-laza-unknown-others-34/#comment-767222)

- 8 (?) deputies got ambushed and all killed/wounded. Sheriff's convoy ambushed enroute to TTCF. (source, there are vids in this thread)

The reason why I am listing forum reports is because they are the only sources I can provide, irrespective if they broke the rules or not. 

As you can see, up to 10+ cops were killed within less than 2 months. All these took place in Vespucci area.

Now, is it realistic? Does this happen in real life in USA / Los Angeles? If it happened, what would the LAPD do? I will leave this up to you to judge as I wish to keep my opinion private in this thread. 

I believe, in comparison to Davis, Vespucci has a big problem.

• dawpi locked this topic