Noticeable increase in shootings and violent occurrences

kirbyz

From another point of view I find it outmost tiring to be on-duty after around 7 PM. You can't get to do any passive RP as a police officer because you're non-stop responding to officer down/in trouble and pacing from one tac to another. There's no time for the little in-vehicle chats with your partner, character development that isn't mourning over dead colleagues or post-trauma. I wish officer in trouble calls were rare, not an hourly event. 

Edited by Arkster
14 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

This is one of those examples where mentality plays a huge role. I doubt any of these players meant to ruin your game, or otherwise aimed to be malicious. It’s hard to tell what their state of mind was but they were probably just having fun trying to bust out a friend in a way that to them made sense. From a gameplay point of view it makes perfect sense to set up on the bridge, ideally they’d have a truck too to block the road. If you’ve played LSRP or any of the older servers you’d recognize this. It’s reminiscent of the spike of truck ambushes near Fort Carson around 2014. 

Problem is that we’re not trying to be that kind of server, or are we? Because we don’t really have clear lines about that. We’re just a mess of people from all these different communities, with different expectations and opinions on what’s acceptable. And while that’s great to get a lot of players together, it also causes a lot of disconnection in expectations - as seen in the video. 

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk, I’m here all night. 

The problem is not the ambushes in themself. It's the ambushes happening, then when police crack down on illegal activity it's "omg this is unfair we are being turf camped".

Police are getting nerfed and nerfed and stuff like this is only becoming more frequent as a consequence, directly because police is less able to do anything about it i.e. it's easier to get away with said crimes i.e. there is less risk of getting arrested i.e. the reward (freeing ur mate) is high enough to make the risk worth it.

Problem here is that, while fun for the criminals, it is extremely unfun for cops to have increasing nerfs, being unable to respond ICly to the level of crime while you are faced with more and more aggression.

I play one life characters so that means that I get to live an IC reality where I make decisions as if I'm constantly on the precipice of death while having seen dozens of murders mere feet from me IC.

Ngl my mallrat Reggaeton DJ char feels like he's really been through hell when he reminisces.

Staff team needs to step it up and give out harsher punishments for DM and poor escalation. There are factions getting block wiped every day but the perpetrators get away with an unofficial warning or a 20-minute ajail after waiting a month for a report to get solved. IFM and management should push factions towards using their fists or melees instead of grabbing four people with ARs during every hit. There are factions with 5 pages that are already posting DM montages. Seems like IFM doesn't wanna do shit about these DM factions. And these factions are usually led by the same players that have been previously banned but somehow always end up unbanned. Just scroll through unofficial groups, the quality of roleplay in most of the illegal factions went downhill. We had New York gangs, we have gangs using UK slang and then factions that beef half the server just to have an excuse to shoot. The quality of the roleplay here is slowly turning into shit as IFM and RPQM idly watch. Can we see some permanent bans for players that repeatedly break rules and create characters to only DM? Stop giving out unbans after 3 days.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
24 minutes ago, BjornV said:

The problem is not the ambushes in themself. It's the ambushes happening, then when police crack down on illegal activity it's "omg this is unfair we are being turf camped".

Police are getting nerfed and nerfed and stuff like this is only becoming more frequent as a consequence, directly because police is less able to do anything about it i.e. it's easier to get away with said crimes i.e. there is less risk of getting arrested i.e. the reward (freeing ur mate) is high enough to make the risk worth it.

Problem here is that, while fun for the criminals, it is extremely unfun for cops to have increasing nerfs, being unable to respond ICly to the level of crime while you are faced with more and more aggression.

cyberpunk2077-cd-projekt-red.gif

Illegal roleplayers ambushing convoys reads like a GTA 5 story mission 

Staff needs to get on top of this shit, it's reached meme levels and LEOs have received nerf after nerf. 

This shit happens because you allowed it to get here. Crack down on Heavy Pistols, rifles and SMGs, they're way too common these days. Crack down on people not properly showing fear for their lives. Just today I had an (M) gang go in front of my barrel yelling " FUCK THE POLICE " to show how cool he is.

Great RP.

Edited by pateuvasiliu

It honestly isn't that bad to be honest.

And goofy comments like this:

LEOs have received nerf after nerf. 

make me want to take it even less seriously.

If you're smart and even slightly self-aware, you can avoid being a victim of a majority of crimes. Let people RP what they want lol. If they want to have gang wars, let them. Do you just want them to sit in their houses smoking weed all day?

Edited by NickyW

At this point we're missing high tech implants, megacorporations with their own military divisions and overly bright lights. You add that, and boom! You get Cyberpunk 2077 roleplay. Glad we got a TV script, I can't wait to see this kinda shit on the news...

Good morning, Los Santos! Yesterday's body count lottery rounded up to a solid and sturdy thirty! Ten outta Davis, thanks to unabated OOC beef. One officer down, so I guess you're all screwed, 'cause the LSPD will not let THAT go. Got another shootout in East Vespucci. Gangbangers at it again, poking holes in robbery victims! While over in Downtown, the Admin Team is scraping VDM victims off the pavement.

Aaaand in Murrieta Heights... Well, Murrieta Heights is still Murrieta Heights.

Jokes aside, this is worrying. It's worrying how an intro to a game set in a dystopian shithole is the perfect base to soon be the intro for our roleplay server, supposedly set in a place inspired by modern day California. Is California this bad in real life? Yes, Los Angeles is riddled with crime, including violence, with guns too. Does it happen on the rate that it does on this server? Fuck no.

We are not simulating LA by any chance, we're just a roleplay server, let me get this straight. But, you have to remember that lowering the bars down for this much violence to be allowed on a massive scale has a significant impact on the players from all sectors. LEOs will naturally start rolling around in SUVs with 3 different armored vests, civilians will buy more and more guns. Most civilians on this server are already on such high alert, constantly, that roleplaying becomes a chore. You get mentally drained of all the will to play on the server, in public, because you're living in a constant fear of being pulled up on by some gangbangers.

Does this shit happen in real life? No, it doesn't. There are always civilians in the streets, there's always a cop or two on patrol, there's CCTV and open businesses that will witness crime, report it and get the criminal into some shit.

In my opinion, as someone who has played here since October 2018, I think that the biggest issue is player density.

This is mainly due to the fact that business blips are gatekept behind a paywall. This causes a complete and utter lack of open businesses, competition and therefore a lack of player activity in any area. We do not need businesses to roleplay, right, but we need the streets to look and feel like they're alive. We need tighter groups of players roleplaying in a predominant area, rather than having a group of friends who will drive someplace else every day for drinks, food et cetera.

The hood looks and feels alive and surprisingly safe because their players have the proper mentality, they sit outside, have fun and do activities together. Most people will call me mentally retarded right now because I stated a fact. Nobody shits where they eat, the ghetto areas on this server are alive, fun and occasionally dangerous for someone who is a local civilian. There are exceptions of course but for the most part, it's like that.

Meanwhile, the rest of the city has civilians on high alert 24/7. Always walking with a hand on your waistband, just in case four (M)asks pull up in a sedan to fuck with you.

I think most of you will see where I'm going with this - the ghetto doesn't need businesses as much as we do, they can do hood shit and make the streets their own. Other people, so LEOs and civilians, we can't really tag up walls for fun or play turf control like that. We need communities to make roleplaying outside fun. The more of us roleplay outside, the safer the streets will naturally become without the need to impose any OOC control and such. Of course you will not cover the whole city with 800 players, but that is not needed. Back in the day when we had 200 peak players, we had Mirror Park as our main hub for roleplaying. I am not saying go back to Mirror Park, because fuck Mirror Park, but look at Textile City. Textile City has so much potential, there are people randomly walking around there every day. I don't ever get harassed there. It is also in the heart of the city, close to South LS.

Also look at Little Seoul, it has a massive civilian population, gang shit happens there all the time too, but it's under control to the point where you don't actually get caught in the cross fire when group A is screwing with group B.

How to solve this? I don't fucking know, to be honest. We can start with roleplaying outside more and creating those roleplay hubs, I think that we desperately need active streets because that is the best way to naturally lower crime levels. People will not be so eager to go on hits in broad daylight when there's a civilian around the corner, with a phone, and ready to potentially inform the law about what you just did.

I also think that people should roleplay the repercussions of hurting other people more than they do now. It is okay to roleplay being tough, but most of you are not crazy sociopaths. You're not that guy, pal. You will be haunted by the shit you do, it will be discouraging. Not everything needs to escalate to those levels of violence.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
6 minutes ago, NickyW said:

It honestly isn't that bad to be honest.

And goofy comments like this:

make me want to take it even less seriously.

If you're smart and even slightly self-aware, you can avoid being a victim of a majority of crimes. Let people RP what they want lol. If they want to have gang wars, let them. Do you just want them to sit in their houses smoking weed all day?

I want to not get shot at and ambushed by automatic rifles and then have the same people complain about having police crack down in their area.

Make it fun and engaging for both sides, not fun for one but dull and lame for the other. Or enforce a realistic RP standard with realistic assets like it is in real life where you don't have minors cycling in front of fast driving cops and sticking up their middlefingers.

Edited by BjornV
  • dawpi locked this topic