Noticeable increase in shootings and violent occurrences

kirbyz

Just now, Zach.. said:

hey man if youre upset I'd love to hear why, you can always PM me and we can reach a solution together through friendship

I'm worried about everybody's mental state cause it affects their roleplay overall, affects their decisions and a lot of other factors. You said you are tired and I suggested that you take some rest.
It's all peace and love. ☮️

2 minutes ago, HappyGecko said:

There should be more forced CK wars, this whole PK war bullshit is getting out of hand and it is endless. Have people put their characters at risk instead of playing pubg across the map. 

CK wars just don't work, it requires way too much management from IFM, and usually if they are going to happen its over something very serious and developed which means probably long lasting characters in official factions. People break rules because no one wants to lose their character and then if they do die, they appeal and its just too much of a mess for IFM to deal with.

Nothing against the usual TDM month but it's getting retarded when it's justifiable & allowed to relentlessly make it OK for groups to take on a ridiculous amount of cops as if this isn't a role-play server anymore, and the cops turning around and having mostly no choice other than going the single player 5 stars route. It's a domino effect and there's no sides at 'fault' for particularly anything. The burden of this falls on this community's administration and the way violence is generally escalated. Poor reasons to kill prevail recently following some PK wars and some supplier changes.

The illegal factions aren't at fault. The legal factions aren't at fault. It's this weird group of quasi-do-crime-but-not-really people who don't play here anyway, are here to deathmatch, you see them in Player Reports, and they're going to dip off the face of the server as soon as an alternative opens. So just take action.

Beware, this is what one particular Los Santos server once did and it perpetually led them in the ground because what they thought to do was make more server rules about how xyz isn't allowed. More server rules isn't the problem. Regulating accurate portrayal with both illegal and legal factions is. This goes for everyone. Til there's some administrative action, everyone is going to shoot, and continue shooting, and continue defending, and you'll have no cease fires (metaphorically, on an OOC basis, as in stop just PKing people and let people role-play their characters) until administration steps in.

If you don't take action, you'll instead see what this thread is: people at each other's throats not realizing what the real problem is. The real problem is rule enforcement.

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
1 minute ago, KinnyWynny said:

LEOs (plus most emergency factions) are often bogged down by big shootout scenes and can't do more casual roleplay. which is what he was mentioning. if 15 people get shot, we're all kinda forced to go to that instead of the fun calls with drug addicts or slow-paced LEO public service calls.

I understand that part, but it’s about mindset. Many people in LEO factions are in it for constant shootouts and pursuits instead of actual passive roleplay and engagement. If you not only feel disengaged from LEO rp but want to quit the server all together because of having to deal with bodies, you’re doing something wrong. There’s many LEO characters that are enjoyable to rp around and haven’t been in a pursuit or had to deal with a mass shooting in months, but it’s a vocal group of robocops that whine when things don’t go their way.

3 minutes ago, YAOMINGFROMEASTSIDELONGOS said:

CK wars just don't work, it requires way too much management from IFM, and usually if they are going to happen its over something very serious and developed which means probably long lasting characters in official factions. People break rules because no one wants to lose their character and then if they do die, they appeal and its just too much of a mess for IFM to deal with.

They work. I've been apart of two. It actually puts a meaning into the war. PK wars are stupid, you have factions making kill lists of their own members and the enemies but it just does not work, see the report section. If you get PK'ed during an attack against the enemies, then you survive a hit against your turf? Congratulations, you now have a reason to go after the shooters again. It is endless and pointless.

Edited by HappyGecko
  • dawpi locked this topic