Noticeable increase in shootings and violent occurrences

kirbyz

It is unfortunate that this thread has derailed so much with the last couple of pages. This has clearly grabbed the attention of many people, some who chose to be toxic — warnings will be issued over the next couple of days, keep refreshing your warning records, others have contributed fruitfully to the discussion. I am going to attach @Pillsbury's message down below for those who do not wish to read through these pages. 

Great thread to bring out to the general public. I think both on the Illegal, Legal, Civilian & Staff Side, we all agree with what is being written about the constant shootings, DM, and that whole mentality that shooting is the fix to everything and anything.

Funny enough, Staff is discussing this topic as-well, we created one a few days ago and have been actively discussing since. I can assure all of you that Management will review this topic as-well in the next few days (we will have to lock it at some point) and help get to the bottom of the issues that have been presented on the community. It's no secret that murders are skyrocketing on a daily.. In real life, a person might never see a violent crime happen before their eyes.. When people here might see it on a daily basis. 

However I ask for everyone that is posting here to be the "change" that they want to see. Don't be apart of the problem and also come on this thread and say how you want it to be changed. It only takes a handful of people that actively play the community on both the Illegal & Legal side to start the "movement" of change. If you are apart of an Illegal group, try to start transitioning away from violent crimes constantly, if you are a civilian, start taking violent crimes serious in-front of you (don't run away from robberies and RP some fear for example and make them more violent). 

It's a joint problem from everywhere, and shouldn't just be focused on Illegal gangs persay. We all know those civilians that think they are John Wick and can take down 15 people surrounding them with guns. We all need to get into it together and help change the flow of the community if we want it to be that way. Administrators can only hand out so many ajails and bans before that "mentality" has been spread to new members and it continues on a repeat cycle. 

The one thing I ask is that we all continue to be civil on the thread. If you don't agree with someone, that's okay, you don't have to call them a crap tier RPer. We all have different POV's and that's what makes it great, because it allows Management to get a better fundamental understanding of what you want us to change, how you want us to, and when you want us to. On the Administrative side, we are looking into what we can do, whether it be harsher punishments, letting it be handled through other means, IC means.. It's still a lot to discuss and not something we can snap our fingers and fix. 

A great topic, a must-have discussion, unfortunate on how it turned out. Locked.

Edited by dawpi
  • Upvote 2
  • dawpi locked this topic
4 hours ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

https://streamable.com/v4fjj3

This is crazy bobs level of roleplay here. A prisoner transport to the towers being ambushed not once, not twice, but three times?

Open warfare against City Police & County sheriffs deputies?

The amount of guns owned per person is astronomical, everyone has acces to Carbine Mk2's. .50 cal deagles, draco's, uzi's, you name it. Everyone has atleast a crate under their beds. People roleplay with 0 regard of their own safety or more importantly, with 0 regard of consequences.

People shoot at cops, get caught. Go to prison, spend about a minute in jail, CK and back to killin'. That's a mentality issue. 

There's people I know who value their character and haven't namechanged in years. And then there's people who CK every few weeks. 

The admin team, with respect, have zero teeth and the perm-ban for being an absolute shitlord is the exception rather than the rule.

We've been in a downward spiral ever since. And from my humble point of view, neither LFM or IFM is doing anything about it. A year or so ago we joked about in PD how the violence and sheer fucking viciousness of stuff encountered was gonna be cyberpunk levels or Judge Dredd in a few years time.

And here we are, not even a year later and we've litterally reached insurgency levels of violence & mayhem. Whilst at the same time being told "Don't you dare take all of this IC and ruin all of these model roleplayers their fun. You just sit there, be good paper targets and be quiet." 

No more. Something HAS to change. 

As a side note, the clip posted above is awful to watch and it's not the kind of roleplay we want to promote in our community. Shooters have been identified and dealt with.

• Applaud 2