Noticeable increase in shootings and violent occurrences

kirbyz

8 minutes ago, BlindBvndit said:

In recent events are you referencing SPB & Vagos MC conflict? That resulted in numerous shootings in K-Town? If so, I do agree with you; the mass scale shootings that take place for little developmental reasoning are pointless.

unknown.png

With you on that one.

At the end of a day, were playing a game and you have to understand that. It should never be 1:1 to real life, if so then what's the point of even playing? Illegal roleplayers have made tons of sacrifices for the enjoyment of legal rpers. Seeing some people on here complaining about LEO nerfs is really just laughable. Nothing can be 1:1 to real life, but LA does have one of the highest crime rates in the world, and has the most gang violence out of any city except maybe Chicago. 

Something that I rarely see people talking about on here is the LEO RPers, they camp around corners and rush into shootouts trying to save the day and die because they have no backup. A lot of the times LEO RPers are just asking to get shot and do not value their life at all. Your job as LEO RPers shouldn't be to stop crime, it should be to work with the illegal roleplayers to create quality roleplay. It just doesn't happen, most LEO RPers have an us vs them mindset. 

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, BlindBvndit said:

Incorrect, that isn't Domestic Terrorism. That is simply an ambush. Domestic Terrorism for that ambush would be the convoy getting ambushed with mil-grade firearms and explosives. Not gang members shooting with a rifle with 5.56 & 7.62 chambered firearms.

Fucked up and coordinated attacks are not domestic terrorism. That's just gang members outsmarting LEO enforcers; simple as.

I've only just really seen these clips, not really any past situations. But I do 100% agree that mass scale shooting that happen merely for a fist fight and resort in X side pulling back up to solve it with violence resulting in death. Deserves to have administrative get involve.

''Domestic violent extremists, including those motivated by racial or ethnic beliefs and anti-government or anti-authority grievances, remain one of the most significant terrorist threats to the United States.'' That's a quoted section of an article published by the Department of Homeland Security; either way, whatever you want to call it, if it's Domestic Terrorism or just plain murder, it shouldn't be happening at the rate it is. When it's that bad that people just stop doing traffic stops, or overall, just stop responding to calls? That's shit. And when LEO factions try to enforce it somehow, like the LSSD who for two days did stop and search and basically ''bullied'' the people around Forum Drive for killing three deputies in Death Alley, it gets blocked because ''it's not fair''.

1 minute ago, DomThomson said:

''Domestic violent extremists, including those motivated by racial or ethnic beliefs and anti-government or anti-authority grievances, remain one of the most significant terrorist threats to the United States.'' That's a quoted section of an article published by the Department of Homeland Security; either way, whatever you want to call it, if it's Domestic Terrorism or just plain murder, it shouldn't be happening at the rate it is. When it's that bad that people just stop doing traffic stops, or overall, just stop responding to calls? That's shit. And when LEO factions try to enforce it somehow, like the LSSD who for two days did stop and search and basically ''bullied'' the people around Forum Drive for killing three deputies in Death Alley, it gets blocked because ''it's not fair''.

What you bolded doesn't make sense. None of the groups are anti-government & co, their characters are lead to a situation IC; although I agree it's fucking unrealistic as hell and shouldn't happen int he first place; it's not domestic terrorism.

2 minutes ago, YAOMINGFROMEASTSIDELONGOS said:

Something that I rarely see people talking about on here is the LEO RPers, they camp around corners and rush into shootouts trying to save the day and die because they have no backup. A lot of the times LEO RPers are just asking to get shot and do not value their life at all. Your job as LEO RPers shouldn't be to stop crime, it should be to work with the illegal roleplayers to create quality roleplay. It just doesn't happen, most LEO RPers have an us vs them mindset. 

If 90% of the illegal roleplayers I run into care more about DM video's, hoarding enough guns to outfit a rebel army, and who's primary recreational activity is loot corpses in the immediate aftermath of a shooting. Then I'm going to go out on a limb and say they don't care about my attempts to "Create quality roleplay". 

I'll go ahead & reverse uno you, most illegal RPers have an us vs them mindset. 

One's been receiving nerf after nerf and kept quiet yet disgruntled about it. The other's been having free reign to blockwipe whoever they want, whenever they want, with nothing in terms of repercussions stemming forth from it both on an IC & OOC level. 

I'll let you figure out which is which.

4 minutes ago, YAOMINGFROMEASTSIDELONGOS said:

At the end of a day, were playing a game and you have to understand that. It should never be 1:1 to real life, if so then what's the point of even playing? Illegal roleplayers have made tons of sacrifices for the enjoyment of legal rpers. Seeing some people on here complaining about LEO nerfs is really just laughable. Nothing can be 1:1 to real life, but LA does have one of the highest crime rates in the world, and has the most gang violence out of any city except maybe Chicago. 

I completely agree, but neither should our job as an LEO RP'er be rushing from one shootout to another, 10 times an hour. It's getting to the point where we're nothing but code 3 because we need to respond to 911 calls or officer in trouble requests related to shots fired. The issue is the sheer amount of scenes per night that makes the favelas feel like a poster boy. It doesn't allow cops to dedicate much time per-scene because another one constantly awaits, this is what brings down a lot of great RP opportunities. " it should be to work with the illegal roleplayers to create quality roleplay" -> I agree, but we don't have time to when we're constantly under fire, responding to backups and downed officers.

🙂

3 minutes ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

If 90% of the illegal roleplayers I run into care more about DM video's, hoarding enough guns to outfit a rebel army, and who's primary recreational activity is loot corpses in the immediate aftermath of a shooting. Then I'm going to go out on a limb and say they don't care about my attempts to "Create quality roleplay". 

One's been receiving nerf after nerf and kept quiet yet disgruntled about it. The other's been having free reign to blockwipe whoever they want, whenever they want, with nothing in terms of repercussions stemming forth from it both on an IC & OOC level. 

90% of illegal roleplayers aren't worried about DM videos, loot guns, or anything of the such. Most illegal roleplayers wish to roleplay but you have to understand that shootouts is something that goes hand and hand with gang roleplay. You are going to get into wars with other factions, its impossible it void, and its not a bad thing. 

Illegal roleplayers have had 10x more nerfs than LEO RPers ever have had, oh boo hoo you can't camp people with helicopters and stalk them. Illegal roleplayers have had tons of rules put in place which limit them for the enjoyment of legal roleplayers, such as robbery zones. You have a horrible mentality, as an illegal roleplayer I have met tons of cops whos roleplay I've enjoyed. I really doubt you try to see things from both POVs and just want to complain about illegal roleplayers. Its really not that bad.

4 minutes ago, Arkster said:

I completely agree, but neither should our job as an LEO RP'er be rushing from one shootout to another, 10 times an hour. It's getting to the point where we're nothing but code 3 because we need to respond to 911 calls or officer in trouble requests related to shots fired. The issue is the sheer amount of scenes per night that makes the favelas feel like a poster boy. It doesn't allow cops to dedicate much time per-scene because another one constantly awaits, this is what brings down a lot of great RP opportunities. " it should be to work with the illegal roleplayers to create quality roleplay" -> I agree, but we don't have time to when we're constantly under fire, responding to backups and downed officers.

🙂

This is true and I can understand how frustrating this could be, but I really do feel like a lot of these shootouts could be prevented from PD/SD's side. An example of this would be if you only have 1-2 units on you and there's a car full of people who've just opened fire on someone, just back off and wait for backup. A lot of times PD just force themselves into situations. I also feel that illegal roleplayers would be more willing to roleplay and not resort to guns all the time if PD/SD tried to give more passive roleplay to them rather than always trying to fuck them over. 

The old OSS gang unit from SD used to do a good job with this, and illegal roleplayers were willing to have passive roleplay with them because they knew that they just wanted to roleplay and not try to fuck them over. 

14 minutes ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

If 90% of the legal roleplayers I run into care more about ERP, hoarding enough luxury cars to outfit a dealership, and who's primary recreational activity is AFK'ing on the dancefloor in the club for hours at a time. Then I'm going to go out on a limb and say they don't care about my attempts to "Create quality roleplay". 

I'll go ahead & reverse uno you, most legal RPers are playing SecondLife.

Shit-flinging aside, from my perspective as a primarily illegal RP'er, LEO's have all the tools necessary and more to combat the illegal scene. They just don't utilize them to their full effect and would rather, as previously mentioned by other posters on this thread, act as emotionless robocops that charge into gunfire. There's also other issues, though those are better addressed to the LEO leadership and has already been pointed out in the IFM chat. What I've witnessed is more and more LEO oriented content being added to the server, and only a few minor changes to how they operate such as the helicopter rule because having someone hover over and area of the map for 30 minutes straight shining a moonbeam on a group of people for simply standing around was beyond stupid. I'm all for cutting down on blockwipes, they annoy me just as much as they do you, as they actively disrupt roleplay in an area often for hours at a time because someones ego was hurt OOC. The argument for poor portrayal however extends to both sides. There are quality illegal RP'ers, and there are the shitters and DM'ers which give the scene a bad reputation. Then there are quality LEO RP'ers who portray actual human beings and who has a goal to RP instead of just a play-to-win mentality. And then you got the other LEO's who's main source of knowledge about law enforcement seems to stem from Training Day and other Hollywood action movies. I've seen mentions of harshers punishments being dealt for consistent rulebreaking and I am in your boat on that, but there are bad apples on all three sides, within the illegal scene, the LEO scene, and the legal scene.

Edited by Mooseicles
  • Upvote 2
  • dawpi locked this topic