Noticeable increase in shootings and violent occurrences

kirbyz

3 minutes ago, BlindBvndit said:

How is there no real significant development for it? Organized Crime Groups are battling for a power struggle for turf and money. It happens IRL to a lesser scale than what happens in game. But the point of the matter is, is that we as the players stay IC; not complain about there being 34 shootings in Davis with 19 unsolved murders.

Now to touch on this, if you do see a large-scale shooting. It's most definitely two major powers going to war and I'll reference MCF & ETOC still. That war involved well over 200+ players.

To contextualize, I will assume we mean different things by "large-scale shootouts". To me, anything where say 5+ people shoot at each other might depending on context be a large-scale shooting, meaning its not 2 random people getting into an altercation but groups going after one another.

Now turf in game very rarely changes unless you tire out another faction because really there's no other measure for it, but you're primarily talking organized crime here while I'm referencing gang/street crime which definitely often has fights facing off the same numbers OCGs do, over very small beefs to make DM videos that feel like throwbacks to MMO PvP videos to OOCly clown on people.

15 minutes ago, BlindBvndit said:

This was from the movie Patriots Day, if I'm not mistaken; regarding the Boston Marathon bomber, which was a terrorist attack. Massachusetts had went into a lock down while the man-hunt for the bombers were being tracked down. If you watched the movie it's very insightful on it. Now referencing a cop shooting v gang members; it's not the same. Gang members get caught up, they let their other homies know to get into X position, ambush. Not a terrorist attack, no need for a entire state to be shut down.

The video demonstrates the level of response that'd be needed to curb the current level of mayhem. I'm glad you liked the movie, I did aswell. But the fact of the matter remains. Shootouts with police is one thing. Active ambushes on police responses with military grade firepower on a consistent basis? That's another thing entirely compared to "A shootout with police"

Ambushing a special weapons team convoy enroute to A PRISON.. That's another thing entirely compared to "A shootout with police".

Nobody in their right mind does this.

Nobody in their right mind would be doing this, not even the street gangs in LA are this dumb. If you take the current level of fuckery, and put it in a realistic environment ANYWHERE in the continental united states? You'd no longer have police patroling the streets. You'd have federalized national guardsman walk around. You'd have armored MRAP's patroling the streets instead of cop cars. 

The problem being brought forth here, is the fact that it's growing and growing and growing to a point where it's in the process of growing beyond any form of reasonable IC control. And any IC attempts to fight it and being blocked on an OOC level on varying levels. That's the problem. 

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
7 minutes ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

The video demonstrates the level of response that'd be needed to curb the current level of mayhem. I'm glad you liked the movie, I did aswell. But the fact of the matter remains. Shootouts with police is one thing. Active ambushes on police responses with military grade firepower on a consistent basis? That's another thing entirely compared to "A shootout with police"

Ambushing a special weapons team convoy enroute to A PRISON.. That's another thing entirely compared to "A shootout with police"

Nobody in their right mind would be doing this, not even the street gangs in LA are this dumb. If you take the current level of fuckery, and put it in a realistic environment ANYWHERE in the continental united states? You'd no longer have police patroling the streets. You'd have federalized national guardsman walk around. You'd have armored MRAP's patroling the streets instead of cop cars. 

The problem being brought forth here, is the fact that it's growing and growing and growing to a point where it's in the process of growing beyond any form of reasonable IC control. And any IC attempts to fight it and being blocked on an OOC level on varying levels. That's the problem. 

The video demonstrates the level of response it's needed to track down TWO PEOPLE who caused mass harm to civilians for a Terror attack. That is what that video is, it's from the movie itself. Riot control/crowd control is a lot different than what you are trying to showcase and what it isn't.

8 minutes ago, Koko said:

To contextualize, I will assume we mean different things by "large-scale shootouts". To me, anything where say 5+ people shoot at each other might depending on context be a large-scale shooting, meaning its not 2 random people getting into an altercation but groups going after one another.

Now turf in game very rarely changes unless you tire out another faction because really there's no other measure for it, but you're primarily talking organized crime here while I'm referencing gang/street crime which definitely often has fights facing off the same numbers OCGs do, over very small beefs to make DM videos that feel like throwbacks to MMO PvP videos to OOCly clown on people.

So for what I'm referencing is MCF v ETOC; there was 200+ people involved in this conflict. The Pacific Bluffs shooting, was I believe a 15 person shootout from both sides; only one person wasn't CKd during this; IE a soul survivor.

For reference to above, watch this:

Turf is forever changing, look at Vagos MC; they're no longer have a Vinewood rocker and changed to Strawberry/Davis rockers; due to a conflict between Conti & Vagos MC.

Rancho 13 used to control Rancho/Jamestown. Now it's TGS13 & WES13. Turf is forever changing, despite you not realizing it.

Edit: LA gang members are more dumb than what people portray them as.

Edited by BlindBvndit
1 minute ago, Shagglehod said:

According to that one post by Sush which showed the actual data-mined numbers, it's actually about 50,000x worse than Brazil, no exaggeration.

Damn LS is really down bad, at this point they should just make national guard and deploy it in the city.

2 minutes ago, BlindBvndit said:

Turf is forever changing, look at Vagos MC; they're no longer have a Vinewood rocker and changed to Strawberry/Davis rockers; due to a conflict between Conti & Vagos MC.

Rancho 13 used to control Rancho/Jamestown. Now it's TGS13 & WES13. Turf is forever changing, despite you not realizing it.

These are examples of conflicts between organized crime groups save for Rancho 13.

Rancho 13 has OOC circumstances as to why they don't control Jamestown anymore that deeply played into that afaik otherwise gang turf is largely unchanging in most cases the way gangs sort it out and it's a meta of PvP encounters as a gameplay choice.

6 minutes ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

Ambushing a special weapons team convoy enroute to A PRISON.. That's another thing entirely compared to "A shootout with police".

Nobody in their right mind does this.

Right, so let me get started here. I'll say it once, not again... if you don't listen, not my problem.

Los Angeles is by top in the top 3 in terms of gang capitals in the U.S.A, I'd even argue they are the top 1 as after Nipsey Hussle's death a few years ago, even LA gangland homicides have put Chicago's to shame. Many of those homicides, in fact... also include cops and deputies being shot at, and on several occasions being killed as well. 

This is a roleplay server, obviously the ratio at which stuff happens will triumph that of real life occasions going down but nevertheless it doesn't mean it doesn't happen in real life. 

This year already, since 2022 started; 7+ cops have been murdered in Southern California, one a suicide, another a car crash, another by drug overdose and the others all gang related, one in San Diego County the rest in Los Angeles County. 

Whenever a major shootout happens on the server, chances are there has been months of dev behind it and two major superpower factions are going to war, f.ex: ETOC and MCF. 

Saying cops being killed by gang members is unrealistic, just goes to show how out of touch many people are as on many occasions this has happened in real life.

To touch onto another thing you said, "Nobody in their right mind would be doing this, not even the street gangs in LA are this dumb." This is wrong, gang members are not a Mafia member, Cartel member or STG member, they're gang members; most who're active which are called gang bangers, tend to act before they think which is why those very few smart gang members move onto bigger and better things IRL, often leaving their hood behind and joining another major criminal organization or going legit.

We don't need a national guard, we need a competent staff team that will enforce rules properly and punish people that break them instead of giving them 7 unofficial warnings. If you get away with mass murder once then you'll just do the same shit over and over because it's clearly tolerated. If people were getting banned for this blatant rule breaking then we wouldn't have 250 murders every day. It's not rocket science. You can't battle OOC rule breaking by putting new IC measures in place.

Edited by sCrax
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, BlindBvndit said:

The video demonstrates the level of response it's needed to track down TWO PEOPLE who caused mass harm to civilians for a Terror attack. That is what that video is, it's from the movie itself. Riot control/crowd control is a lot different than what you are trying to showcase and what it isn't.

And you think open warfare in the streets, shooting innocent civilians and police officers alike ISN'T akin to domestic terrorism? 

If you think think the above mentioned is okay, you're part of the problem. With respect.

• dawpi locked this topic