Noticeable increase in shootings and violent occurrences

kirbyz

That ambush video reminded me of a scene in Fast and Furious . Crazy!

As long as we go ahead and implement 2 timers for Pilot RP'ers in Law Enforcement Factions so we can be fair again, everything's going to be alright, for sure!

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, Arkster said:

From another point of view I find it outmost tiring to be on-duty after around 7 PM. You can't get to do any passive RP as a police officer because you're non-stop responding to officer down/in trouble and pacing from one tac to another. There's no time for the little in-vehicle chats with your partner, character development that isn't mourning over dead colleagues or post-trauma. I wish officer in trouble calls were rare, not an hourly event. 

I wonder if they'd be less common if officers didn't rush into gunfights like they're cowboys or stand-up to five gang members by themselves.

I remember one of my first interactions with law enforcement on this server was a few months after I joined and had gotten involved in an illegal faction. I was getting pulled over, and after trying to smooth talk my way out of getting arrested, I eventually just said

"Officer. Me and my friend both have guns, We don't have permits for them. His is already pointed towards you. We're going to drive away now."

The dude RP'd being scared out of his mind and we just drove off without hurting anyone. I remember how impressed I was by his humanity and hoped that he had set the standard for the LSPD....unfortunately, I was wrong.

And in response to @BjornV? Fuck em. Let them (those who complain about police cracking down on crime) complain. I totally support IC restrictions based on crime. I wholly believe that the ridiculous crime rate is still within the realm of a problem that can be handled IC'ly. Maybe LSPD leadership just needs to work on a better plan to secure the city. It's not like the LSPD is a model police department in terms of presence (I understand they're busy, but still. It's not like there's a shortage of people who want to RP police officers).

Edited by NickyW
7 minutes ago, NickyW said:

If you're smart and even slightly self-aware, you can avoid being a victim of a majority of crimes. Let people RP what they want lol. If they want to have gang wars, let them.

The problem is that these people RPing what they want directly influence the continuity of a heavy RP server. People pulling automatics and stunts and having massive 10v10 firefights in areas that aren't even in the middle of gangland have a direct effect on everyone else who's not involved in that RP. It's not the same as say, so-called mallrats doing weird ERP in private because this happens out in public.

My civilian character had to move from his neighborhood because there were only so many point blank executions and shootouts he could justify in his mind (and he was even collaborating with several illegal elements and was not really "legal").

I am wholeheartedly for letting PD & SD take care of stuff completely IC. But it's the admins/LFM/IFM and majority of the community that actively oppose and break down any form of doing so. From my point of view anyway. No disrespect intended.

Back when all this started, many many moons ago, PD started with more presence due to one of their own being downed. Response? Whole lot of caterwauling and tears immediately saying PD's response is over the top, disrupting roleplay and play 2 win. 

Fast-forward a week later? Exact opposite response: "Police don't respond to my calls anymore :sadface: "

If the powers that be one day would show up and go "Alright, Metropolitan, SEB & judiciary, you have free reign to take all the IC measures you need to contain, and god willing, lower this amount of mayhem. And actually restore some semblence of order." I actually believe they could pull it off, despite it having gone on for so long, and spiraled this much out of control. 

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
7 minutes ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

If the powers that be one day would show up and go "Alright, Metropolitan, SEB & judiciary, you have free reign to take all the IC measures you need to contain, and god willing, lower this amount of mayhem. And actually restore some semblence of order." I actually believe they could pull it off, despite it having gone on for so long, and spiraled this much out of control. 

This is all that needs to be done, really. Give the law enforcement and courts one simple objective: Bring Order to Chaos. It will be done, trust me.

I've always personally felt that violent crime should result in prison sentences to match the crime. A murder charge should basically be a CK --- with the benefit of getting to play your character in the prison system for the rest of the characters life unless you choose to create a new character. And stage breakouts or parole board as the only way to make it out. I know it's not a popular opinion, but without real risk involved there just isn't anything keeping people from realistically fearing engagements and making criminal roleplay less menial stupidity and more well thought out and organized crime. Just my two cents.

Edited by Wes4mu089
  • Upvote 4
7 minutes ago, Wes4mu089 said:

I've always personally felt that violent crime should result in prison sentences to match the crime. A murder charge should basically be a CK --- with the benefit of getting to play your character in the prison system for the rest of the characters life unless you choose to create a new character. I know it's not a popular opinion, but without real risk involved there just isn't anything keeping people from realistically fearing engagements and making criminal roleplay less menial stupidity and more well thought out and organized crime. Just my two cents.

A problem to this is the revolving door that some illegal factions develop as a consequence. People do crime, get caught too early, and often would rather trash the character and start again. At some point you're well-known enough by your peers and know the ins and outs of your scene OOCly that you end up pretty much making it through to powerful positions lightning fast anyway, especially in some factions that only set out to realistically survive for a couple months.

Things would be different if say, CKing from a faction made you have to wait a set amount of time to join it again, imho.

12 minutes ago, Koko said:

A problem to this is the revolving door that some illegal factions develop as a consequence. People do crime, get caught too early, and often would rather trash the character and start again. At some point you're well-known enough by your peers and know the ins and outs of your scene OOCly that you end up pretty much making it through to powerful positions lightning fast anyway, especially in some factions that only set out to realistically survive for a couple months.

Things would be different if say, CKing from a faction made you have to wait a set amount of time to join it again, imho.

I hear you, but I would almost rather players deal with those hurdles than the lack of meaningful hurdles currently imposed.

At least if we're jailing 10 assholes for committing murder from the same gang, it's more believable than 1 asshole coming back for murder 10 separate times.

Even better. Adopt the RICO act, where gang leadership can be held accountable for the crimes of their underlings as exists in the real world. Not only would crime drop drastically, hopefully gang recruitment standards would rise in the process.

But this is a song sung by many a choir since the days of ancient LS-RP in SAMP... This is to say that there is no perfect system... but maybe a greater extension on prison bids is a start in the right direction for violent crime. 

Or maybe barring a character account from creating a character in the same faction until the other account that is imprisoned has been inactive for more than 60 or 90 days.

Just some thoughts. 

Edited by Wes4mu089
  • dawpi locked this topic