Noticeable increase in shootings and violent occurrences

kirbyz

Hi all,

Myself and many others have noticed an unreasonable increase of violence on the server involving guns and so on. Is anyone else noticing this?

For example, yesterday we had a multitude of shootings which resulted in many, many local residents of the city dead including 10 LEOs in one particular scene.

Sometimes I'm confused with what the server wishes to portray. Is this acceptable for everyone? Is this just an isolated day of violent play?

Please discuss in a cordial manner - hopefully deeper insight from Administrator feedback will shed some light on some solutions to extreme violence in this supposedly modern city. 

Thanks!

• Upvote 2

This is sadly a daily occurance these days and nothing is being done about it OOCly. This isn't something which we should be taking ICly either as it's well beyond that point. I'm really hoping faction management starts doing something regarding this so people stop carrying guns just because they can and utilizing them in every situation which doesn't go in their favor. At this rate a martial law should be imposed and national guard brought in, but here we are. Please do something and make the server enjoyable again, Vespucci is worse than South Central at this rate.

• Upvote 9

Yeah it's kinda whack and the only solution seems to be petty arrests, quick releases, namechanges, CKs etc etc for the cycle only to repeat. So no matter what civilians or law enforcement do with their RP and these kinds of criminals and criminality, it just keeps occurring and will keep occurring. We're approaching DM server status here, not across the board, but in these ongoing incidents where we have maybe 700+ deaths per week. Kinda tragic, not very 'heavy roleplay.' 

People working continuity really need to extrapolate here on what this server is meant to be portraying, what 'realism' is in the context of this server and maybe reinforce or develop low-crime or no-crime areas so people can actually explore multiple kinds of roleplay that are not murder, gore, death and casual robbery and killing, so on, so forth. 

• Upvote 4

Well I cked myself over this last night because I was tired of getting pked over simple traffic stops for tinted windows, resisting charges, or vehicle registration... It's whatever though, it's always going to be the argument of " I just killed someone and figured you knew about it " tbh 99% of the murders committed go unnoticed so before you whip out that scorpion and gun us down, think about the long term punishments.

Edited by Dylan_Hankcock

This stuff comes in waves, you’ll have periode of relative calm flooded by periods of excessive violence’s. I’m not up-to-date with on-going IC wars and faction beef but the current roster of groups and factions today seem particularly violent. The reasons are complex, and it’s nearly impossible to point to a singular cause, but a pretty big denominator is leadership and ‘culture’. Meaning that if you’re being repeatedly ganked by groups you might find why if you look at their leaders and rolemodels. Behavior generates behavior, so an excessively violent group/faction naturally sprouts off an entirely new and independent violent group/faction. I like to think of it as garden weeds. 

https://streamable.com/v4fjj3

This is crazy bobs level of roleplay here. A prisoner transport to the towers being ambushed not once, not twice, but three times?

Open warfare against City Police & County sheriffs deputies?

The amount of guns owned per person is astronomical, everyone has acces to Carbine Mk2's. .50 cal deagles, draco's, uzi's, you name it. Everyone has atleast a crate under their beds. People roleplay with 0 regard of their own safety or more importantly, with 0 regard of consequences.

People shoot at cops, get caught. Go to prison, spend about a minute in jail, CK and back to killin'. That's a mentality issue. 

There's people I know who value their character and haven't namechanged in years. And then there's people who CK every few weeks. 

The admin team, with respect, have zero teeth and the perm-ban for being an absolute shitlord is the exception rather than the rule.

We've been in a downward spiral ever since. And from my humble point of view, neither LFM or IFM is doing anything about it. A year or so ago we joked about in PD how the violence and sheer fucking viciousness of stuff encountered was gonna be cyberpunk levels or Judge Dredd in a few years time.

And here we are, not even a year later and we've litterally reached insurgency levels of violence & mayhem. Whilst at the same time being told "Don't you dare take all of this IC and ruin all of these model roleplayers their fun. You just sit there, be good paper targets and be quiet." 

No more. Something HAS to change. 

• Upvote 7
Just now, Kenshi Haroku said:

https://streamable.com/v4fjj3

This is crazy bobs level of roleplay here. A prisoner transport to the towers being ambushed not once, not twice, but three times?

Open warfare against City Police & County sheriffs deputies?

The amount of guns owned per person is astronomical, everyone has acces to Carbine Mk2's. .50 cal deagles, draco's, uzi's, you name it. Everyone has atleast a crate under their beds. People roleplay with 0 regard of their own safety or more importantly, with 0 regard of consequences.

People shoot at cops, get caught. Go to prison, spend about a minute in jail, CK and back to killin'. That's a mentality issue. 

There's people I know who value their character and haven't namechanged in years. And then there's people who CK every few weeks. 

The admin team, with respect, have zero teeth and the perm-ban for being an absolute shitlord is the exception rather than the rule.

We've been in a downward spiral ever since. And from my humble point of view, neither LFM or IFM is doing anything about it. A year or so ago we joked about in PD how the violence and sheer fucking viciousness of stuff encountered was gonna be cyberpunk levels or Judge Dredd in a few years time.

And here we are, not even a year later and we've litterally reached insurgency levels of violence & mayhem. Whilst at the same time being told "Don't you dare take all of this IC and ruin all of these model roleplayers their fun. You just sit there, be good paper targets and be quiet." 

No more. Something HAS to change. 

This is one of those examples where mentality plays a huge role. I doubt any of these players meant to ruin your game, or otherwise aimed to be malicious. It’s hard to tell what their state of mind was but they were probably just having fun trying to bust out a friend in a way that to them made sense. From a gameplay point of view it makes perfect sense to set up on the bridge, ideally they’d have a truck too to block the road. If you’ve played LSRP or any of the older servers you’d recognize this. It’s reminiscent of the spike of truck ambushes near Fort Carson around 2014. 

Problem is that we’re not trying to be that kind of server, or are we? Because we don’t really have clear lines about that. We’re just a mess of people from all these different communities, with different expectations and opinions on what’s acceptable. And while that’s great to get a lot of players together, it also causes a lot of disconnection in expectations - as seen in the video. 

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk, I’m here all night. 

• dawpi locked this topic