Rage MP Black screen

stayboomin

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2022 at 11:54 AM, stayboomin said:

Everytime I try to join it says " launching game" and not finishing handshake as before the screen goes black and the game does not start. What can I do? I'm logged in Rockstar and my game location in Rage mp is properly set 

I have had this happen previously, what worked for me was turning off the Rockstar launcher and restarting the game so it turns itself on again, also it may sound basic but a PC restart too. I have learned that sometimes when I turn off the game and want to hop back on, I need to do the above before I can be let on a server. Hope this can help.

On 4/18/2022 at 5:54 PM, stayboomin said:

Everytime I try to join it says " launching game" and not finishing handshake as before the screen goes black and the game does not start. What can I do? I'm logged in Rockstar and my game location in Rage mp is properly set 

Hey, if this did not work, I also noticed this happened to me when I had some overlays installed on my PC. If you have anything like MSI Afterburn, completely uninstall those and you should be fine.

List below are programs that can potentially crash RageMP and provide a black screen. Hopefully this will help resolve this issue:
- Discord Overlay
- Steam Overlay
- Nvidia Shadowplay
- OBS Software
- Overwolf
- Antivirus Software
- Streaming Software
- MSI Afterburner
- AI Suite 3
- GameFirst V
- RivaTuner
- Adguard
- Microsoft Gaming Overlay (Also called 'Xbox Game Bar')
- Sandboxie
- Abusive software (E.g. cheats)

For 1.1 version, disable :
- Nahimic
- iCUE from Corsair
- Avast
- Razer Synapse

To verify that a program is doing unexpected code injections into RAGE:MP, open your main_logs.txt inside your GTA V folder. If you see FYDIGF printed this means you do have a program causing it to crash.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Nora locked this topic