How do you maintain to stay motviated to roleplay?

Yoak

From SAMP to here I experienced burning out many times. But I focus on real priorities first and  then go to other games. To get motivated again I find inspiration from documentaries, books, interviews and learn about some of the most notorious people while planning the psychology behind a character. I see how that goes and if it doesn't work, try again. 

Edited by Muerta
  • Upvote 1

If you feel unmotivated take some time out, play another games, watch a movie do another thing.

When the RP bug bites you again because you watch a movie or a documentary, do some research about the matter and create a character and RP around it. Don't wanna to become the ultimate boss in weeks or months. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win, go with that.

I don't mean this in a condescending way but by having a life. When you can only play when your schedules free you won't be demotivated, or it'll demotivate you to the point you don't even log on because you'd rather do something else - there's no real in-between. When I used to be able to play from waking up until sleeping back in the day, I would often get demotivated from overplaying. 

Burn out and heading a faction are hard things to contend by. Whilst not the ideal strategy, I try do little things as often as I can, and take breaks between big projects. Some days I get a major motivation to go in game, and I get a lot done during that time. But ultimately burnout is a way to signal we're not in balance with life/whatever this is. If it takes up too much of your time and balance, it will burn you out. If you're one of the rare few who can find balance then you are lucky.

But outside of that, regular breaks, play new games, try new shit irl, or holidays are good for resetting motivation. 

By getting banned for getting too unmotivated and acting idiotic every 5-6 months.

But seriously? probably by taking breaks, play a few other games that interest you. Runescape is fun to me, BF2042.. etc

Edited by Narco

Good question really, but I think it comes down to the reason that roleplay is something I enjoy. I think being part of a faction allows me to feel motivated to get on, Martorano offers me growth over a long period of time and with ta in mind I am always wanting to get on and get involved with some RP. Along with that, I think having friends in the community helps a lot, knowing I can hop on after a long day and just enjoy some RP really does help, hop into a voice-chat and just RP together is fun.

• Auntie locked this topic