Jump to content

Revision of Robbery Rules.


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

But as I read throughout all of y’all responses, y’all want these rules to basically stick due to before when the regular rules was allowed people was not giving realistic portrayal, etc. My apology for accusing some for play to win mentality, but y’all gotta be with me on that one. Because the way y’all putted things, made it look that way, to be all fair. 

I feel like the old rules should be brought back, but more authority should come with it to make sure things are accurately portrayed and realistic. Rather that comes with a different strategy, or extra OOC steps to verify the robbery with a admin, im fine with it. Or more supervision, as for example. House robberies. We could have the same verification and process OOCly with applying our reasoning, having a admin view the situation as we do our robberies.

 

I just see it unfair that the server fully took out the old rules, just to simply make new ones without thinking through with it on all scales of roleplay people do. Just makes it seem as the server is, unfairly expects all criminals regardless of their character background, to make us all of sudden if we don’t know ICly to do a good thought out crime. Plus the new expectations and rules is ridiculous, especially the none use of vehicles and all robberies have to happen on foot. When I read that, I didn’t believe what I was seeing. 
 

Plus with any other thing allowed on the server, when people were abusing it and doing wrong portrayal when doing it. The server never took it out fully, replaced it so barely people do it and stuff. All they did which is the right way, is being down more powerful authority and laid down more rules with it that makes sense. That’s all I believe needs to be done in this situation, i believe y’all would agree.

 

Edited by SLIME ALLEGIANCE
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Dreams & Nightmares said:

Portrayal is a huge problem when it comes to criminal roleplay. People turn Davis into Iraq, chicken run into a gun fight to spam Y and loot a body, every 2nd gang roleplayer would try to pimp out every corner girl he sees.

 

Yes! Thank! You!!! This so God damn annoying. 90% of these people have 0 business doing that. And thing beating a girl to a pulp means they will suddenly listen to them. Or they gather a group of minor gang members to make them "work for us now". Pimp characters need to make sense. It can't just be random gang members doing this for the sake of it. Literally every other gang member claims to be a pimp to my corner girl character. And 90% of them have no idea how the rp actually works. 

Link to comment

The whole of Davis needs to be revised in general. People start fights because one man says something, the other says something back, they see that as a reason to start big brawl. See a girl working a corner "I'm your pimp now even though I've never worked this business. And I'm gonna beat you so you aren't even conscious enough to do it".

 

 

Just in general people always jump to fights and gun fights for the littlest things. And masks running around looking to constantly rob the first person they see. It's not los Angeles, it's a 3rd world country.  The entirety of robbery and conflict rp needs a rework. It's like a completely different server on Davis. Dms and poor escalation galor

Edited by Orpheus49
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Dude, this is the type of kidnapping robberies happens when it was allowed? LMFAO, you have to be trolling. But if your serious, yeah obviously I don’t mean this as kidnapping robberies. I mean for it be all be roleplay realistically.

He's not trolling. The rules were made because people cant do it properly. They're fine how it is. The admins didnt change the rules to gatekeep it, they changed the rules because 99% of people were doing it wrong.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Orpheus49 said:

The whole of Davis needs to be revised in general. People start fights because one man says something, the other says something back, they see that as a reason to start big brawl. See a girl working a corner "I'm your pimp now even though I've never worked this business. And I'm gonna beat you so you aren't even conscious enough to do it".

 

 

Just in general people always jump to fights and gun fights for the littlest things. And masks running around looking to constantly rob the first person they see. It's not los Angeles, it's a 3rd world country.  The entirety of robbery and conflict rp needs a rework. It's like a completely different server on Davis. Dms and poor escalation galor

I wish I could laugh react this. It's so true, but so damn funny to read it, at the same time.

Wanted to return to Davis R.P., but then I read this.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

He's not trolling. The rules were made because people cant do it properly. They're fine how it is. The admins didnt change the rules to gatekeep it, they changed the rules because 99% of people were doing it wrong.

Yeah which they can monitor to it better and use better authority with the old rules as I explained, so people could be able to use vehicles to flee from the robbery and shit. 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Yeah which they can monitor to it better and use better authority with the old rules as I explained, so people could be able to use vehicles to flee from the robbery and shit. 

Easier said than done. If they could monitor it better, they wouldn't have needed the rules in the first place. It was happening on such a large scale, that it was simply too much of a hassle to manage. The rules in place do not inhibit quality role play, only those who want to be lazy and not creative. You don't have to be a criminal mastermind to take into account common sense on committing crime. I see plenty of crime happening all the time and I've in fact seen and been a part of great robberies orchestrated by regular, run-of-the-mill criminals, not Ocean's Eleven crews.

Edited by Brofessor
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Brofessor said:

Easier said than done. If they could monitor it better, they wouldn't have needed the rules in the first place. It was happening on such a large scale, that it was simply too much of a hassle to manage. The rules in place do not inhibit quality role play, only those who want to be lazy and not creative. You don't have to be a criminal mastermind to take into account common sense on committing crime. I see plenty of crime happening all the time and I've in fact seen and been a part of great robberies orchestrated by regular, run-of-the-mill criminals, not Ocean's Eleven crews.

Exactly. When there's 700+ people IG and only about 200 of those are actually outside because the 500+ others are staying inside because the second they go outside they get robbed, kidnapped, killed, etc etc? It's an issue. Anyone that says it isn't is better off on GTA Online, ngl.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Yeah which they can monitor to it better and use better authority with the old rules as I explained, so people could be able to use vehicles to flee from the robbery and shit. 

 

The issue with that is it takes a lot more time from the admins to just constantly look around the area. It could work if they have the numbers but it seems like it'll take a lotta time from them

Link to comment
6 hours ago, DLimit said:

I wish I could laugh react this. It's so true, but so damn funny to read it, at the same time.

Wanted to return to Davis R.P., but then I read this.

Honestly just don't.  Im sorry but Davis rp is probably the worst experience on the server right now. Especially for a civilian, let alone a corner girl civilian. 

 

I know someone who played the local grandma, and a homeless girl and people robbed them cus they could. Really? Who the fuck robs a homeless person

Link to comment
  • imi locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...