Revision of Robbery Rules.

Robberies are supposed to be fun for victims? What world y’all living in? As far as it go for, if it’s set people could make poor crimes, everyone would do it. Yeah we could say the same thing for professional robberies, we suddenly going to have criminals regardless of their character background, to plan every single robbery they do as if they were professional heist crews. Just to work it out server rules wise, how wouldn’t that be abused? Now everyone going to do perfect crimes, rarely be caught even though that doesn’t match there character. Then we going to have people complaining about roleplay qualities, but these are the rules we’re expected to follow.

Let me know how y’all feel about the other rule I brought up.

“The other rule of this topic is the vehicle rule with mugging someone. I believe this isn't much realistic at all just to gatekeep from people doing this in roleplay, most people use vehicles IRL when doing stick-ups. Either that would be rolling up on the person they see as a target or fleeing in that vehicle. Most people even use their own vehicles in the crimes, which is stupid, but as I touched upon earlier that most people do mistakes in their crimes.”

Not every robbery has to be professional per se, but it should meet a certain standard of quality and common sense. You don’t have to be a professional to exercise some caution in choosing a robbery target. You don’t have to be a professional to exercise judgement in performing a crime in general. Just use common sense and don’t act without taking into account simple concepts of committing a crime. Will I been seen? Are there a lot of people in the area? Can I get away easily? You don’t have to be a professional to consider these things. 

The “dumb” excuse gives people a reason to throw common sense and basic RP concepts out the window and server standards suffer. Simple cause and effect.

Edited by Brofessor
7 hours ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Robberies are supposed to be fun for victims?

Okay, robberies shouldn't have to be fun for the player behind the robber either, then. 

I can live with that.

The attitude of "it shouldn't be fun for ____" is part of the problem. It doesn't matter what you think, as it simply should be fun for all parties involved. The moment you decide you're willing to sacrifice the entertainment value of other participants for your own benefit, you're straying into the territory that warranted these current rules to begin with. If people are being forced into situations that are not fun, frequently, multiple times a day (which they were, necessitating the current rules now), they're going to stop going outside and participating in ways that make the server sustainable. Trucks stop shipping, ambulances stop answering, and police stop arriving... because it's not fun.

Glad you were willing to show your stripes early, though. At least now we know that you're not legitimately interested in the wellbeing of the community. This suggestion is for your own, individual, very personal need for entertainment, even though there's ample enough evidence that such an attitude will only damage the community wellbeing in the long run.

As for the vehicle rule, I'd be willing to allow it if in exchange victims are allowed to run without fear of a CK as long as they aren't cornered. If we're going to allow dumb criminals, we should allow dumb civilians too.

Edited by DasFroggy
48 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Okay, robberies shouldn't have to be fun for the player behind the robber either, then. 

I can live with that.

The attitude of "it shouldn't be fun for ____" is part of the problem. It doesn't matter what you think, as it simply should be fun for all parties involved. The moment you decide you're willing to sacrifice the entertainment value of other participants for your own benefit, you're straying into the territory that warranted these current rules to begin with. If people are being forced into situations that are not fun, frequently, multiple times a day (which they were, necessitating the current rules now), they're going to stop going outside and participating in ways that make the server sustainable. Trucks stop shipping, ambulances stop answering, and police stop arriving... because it's not fun.

Glad you were willing to show your stripes early, though. At least now we know that you're not legitimately interested in the wellbeing of the community. This suggestion is for your own, individual, very personal need for entertainment, even though there's ample enough evidence that such an attitude will only damage the community wellbeing in the long run.

As for the vehicle rule, I'd be willing to allow it if in exchange victims are allowed to run without fear of a CK as long as they aren't cornered. If we're going to allow dumb criminals, we should allow dumb civilians too.

First of all, I meant fun for the victim ICly. As that’s what I thought you meant, if your talking OOCly of both parties enjoying the roleplay. Then yeah of course, so no one is showing true colors or none of that. 

If you wanna talk about only caring for yourself, your basically having a play to win attitude. We both know those rules, make it impossible for illegal roleplayers that don’t understand ICly how to pull off a great crime, they can’t rob due to rules. Your trying to hold this up basically “for the well being of the community” so people don’t get robbed. 

You just contradicted yourself, trying to point the blame of play to win on someone else but you literally typed up all that showing you only caring about yourself, not taking a loss ICly. Because you don’t like it, consider it not having fun OOCly due to IC circumstances.

You like these rules because it’s for your own benefit, so people don’t get robbed like that. Which you enjoy, so of course your trying to flip the script on me and just come up with poor arguments. Now because I shut your argument down, now your coming at me like I’m playing to win. When I roleplay FYI as a regular citizen, but tired of seeing the illegal scene be shut down of roleplay of robberies because the play to win rules. 

Making it impossible for them to rob, although due to there characters. Especially the vehicle rule, I find that stupid. So I guess every robbery IRL is on foot, most robberies happen using vehicles. 

Okay? People stop coming outside because the robberies occurring in the city, that’s perfectly fine and realistic. You know how many times, people was scared to come outside or take risks. Because of robberies and other crimes happening in there city/state. Your argument is poor as if, just showing your play to win attitude. Just can’t take a loss?  

Okay people being forced into a situation ICly of being robbed, that’s perfectly fine. People are now not being forced into being robbed IRL? 9/10 it happens IRL, unless someone falls into getting robbed.

Trucks stop shipping, ambulances stop answering, and police stop arriving... because it's not fun.”

If police and stuff, stop responding due to there not having fun and liking the roleplay taking place ICly, they shouldn’t be on the server. You shouldn’t either, your trying to basically keep rules in place so robberies unlikely happen because you don’t enjoy getting robbed OOCly. That’s all I needed to hear.

Edited by SLIME ALLEGIANCE
On 4/15/2022 at 10:54 AM, DasFroggy said:

Unfortunately, it's not. Last time people were allowed to decide what evidence they would leave behind, said evidence would consist of "It was a person" or "They wore pants". 

The entire reason we have these robbery rules in the first place is because people routinely went to unusual lengths to bypass existing rules then. You want to know why vehicle robberies are disallowed without faction association or admin approval? It's because unaffiliated throwaway characters were grouping up I to teams of four to asset grind by driving from crime to crime, rotating who did the /rob command to hide their chain robbing. The best possible center point to hit in order to limit this was to simply nix vehicle robberies conducted by rogue elements.

The consequences of this were pretty severe too. The robberies became so commonplace, people stopped going outside entirely, killing businesses and pushing criminal roleplayers towards targeting all that was left - truckers, and eventually themselves. 

Things only turned around once the current robbery rules were implemented, because despite how much the criminal community insisted they could get it under control, they never could. People were just too eager to prioritize their short term gains over the health of the roleplay community as a whole, and it necessitated the rules we have now.

The point? The roleplayer that is committing the crime can't have any say in what evidence they leave behind. We gave a great many chances and literal YEARS worth of time for the criminal community (and roleplayers in general) to show that they could reign themselves in, and they didn't. They'll just do as they've done and aim for sharing only the most useless, irrelevant evidence possible when asked.

If someone wants to claim their character is a dumb criminal, then that should allow any and all recordings of their actions to be submitted as evidence available IC. I'm all for letting you have a realistically dumb criminal, but you have to understand that it's only going to happen if your realistically dumb actions have realistic consequences.

...or, if you want to avoid being on camera or described by witnesses, maybe just don't be dumb?

Which we can do it again, just set more of authority on it. Like we did every rule people  abused. 

34 minutes ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Your trying to hold this up basically “for the well being of the community” so people don’t get robbed. 

I literally keep a reserve of fifty thousand dollars as a reward for people who make roleplay robbery fun for both parties, and that's a position I've held for longer than you've been here. 

If you'd like to level more wildly incorrect assumptions, please do, however you'd probably be better off using the time to accept that the rules aren't changing anytime soon. We'd prefer a functioning community over attitudes like, 

34 minutes ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Okay? People stop coming outside because the robberies occurring in the city, that’s perfectly fine.

It wasn't fine. It was such an issue, we literally had criminal roleplayers demanding to know in forum discussions why the streets were empty and nobody would go outside. It was such an issue that the server economy began to slow. It was such an issue that new rules were needed, and that you don't understand this is evidence enough that you weren't there to see how bad it became, or have the necessary experience to understand what a community needs in order to survive for longer than a few months.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 1

It's not impossible to rob people, for the record. It's quite easy if you use some common sense. The rules haven't affected quality role play, only lazy role play. You don't have to RP a mastermind to use good judgement in order to pull something off that's both realistic and befitting a higher standard of RP.

Edited by Brofessor
  • imi locked this topic