Revision of Robbery Rules.

Hello, I wanted to speak about the robbery rules, for it to be a possible change up. For starters the server expects us to do our crimes well planned out, schemed out, and very smart, just to shed more realism to this aspect, that most crimes people don't do them well calculated and do dumb mistakes during their crimes and not the best thinkers when they try to do a robbery/scam. This is the reason most people get captured IRL by authorities, most people are not street smart at all. So I believe we shouldn't expect or use that against them in reports just because ICly their character didn't do the best crime it looks stupid in my opinion.

The other rule of this topic is the vehicle rule with mugging someone. I believe this isn't much realistic at all just to gatekeep from people doing this in roleplay, most people use vehicles IRL when doing stick-ups. Either that would be rolling up on the person they see as a target or fleeing in that vehicle. Most people even use their own vehicles in the crimes, which is stupid, but as I touched upon earlier that most people do mistakes in their crimes.  

For examplex: John Doe with his crew could get into a heated confrontation with Michael Pippen inside of a bar which, could lead to them taking it outside for a physical altercation. Before they start fighting John Doe and his people pull out handguns, rob Michael Pippen then flee off in their vehicles.  (This is an example. that happens all the time IRL)

Let me know what y'all thoughts are. I could write more on this subject explaining my reasoning, but y'all should get the point.

Edited by SLIME ALLEGIANCE
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

For examplex: John Doe with his crew could get into a heated confrontation with Michael Pippen inside of a bar which, could lead to them taking it outside for a physical altercation. Before they start fighting John Doe and his people pull out handguns, rob Michael Pippen then flee off in their vehicles.  (This is an example. that happens all the time IRL)

I think this would be fine.  The rules are just kind of general guidelines, I believe if you can show there is a decent reasoning which leads to something...you should be ok.  Just make sure you record any event which somebody COULD complain about.   Of course, it depends on the admin and their current mood, if you get reported.

I do agree with the whole, planned out robbery part. The server unfairly expects all criminals regardless of their character background, to plan every single robbery they do as if they were professional heist crews.

Like, I'm an avid forum report reader myself and I've seen so many reports where the reporting party tries to use the "I had cameras, why did you do the crime without a mask when I had cameras?" as a basis for why someone's robbery was poorly RP'ed. And 90% of the time, the Admin sides with them and punishes the player for roleplaying their character being too dumb to look for cameras or worry about witnesses. It makes no sense to punish a player for roleplaying their character being dumb with their robbery. If someone disregarded the cameras on a property or did a crime with half a dozen witnesses seeing them, let them get caught IC'ly for that, instead of punishing the player on the forums for not planning their robbery sophisticated enough. In real life, criminals make dumb mistakes all the time. Such as robbing places without face coverings, getting fingerprints everywhere, or even something like looking directly into cameras on accident. It's perfectly realistic.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, lunacine said:

Hard no, gangrat robbery "RP" is and has been enough of a problem on this server as is. The rules were changed to the current ones a few months back to curtail that.

Yeah, which is making the rules unrealistic basically making them so it's impossible to commit robberies. So you want this rule to stick, because you tired of getting robbed ICly, and robberies happening on the server. Dude, I don't know if you know or not, but unprofessional robberies happen all the time IRL. That also sounds like an IC perspective, to take it up with. Just sounds like a play to win mentality all around. So you can be at an advantage because you know that you can't be much of a victim of robberies due to rules. Because you know that, the robberies have to be professionally planned out like were on Grand Theft Auto Online Heists, and can't be a regular robbery. That's basically what I got out of your opinion.

Also, no need for the rude name calling of roleplay. If I called you a mallrat, I'll be wrong. Let's keep the name calling which me and you know could lead to back in fourth, It's no need for all that. Just state your opinion.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Hello, I wanted to speak about the robbery rules, for it to be a possible change up. For starters the server expects us to do our crimes well planned out, schemed out, and very smart, just to shed more realism to this aspect, that most crimes people don't do them well calculated and do dumb mistakes during their crimes and not the best thinkers when they try to do a robbery/scam. This is the reason most people get captured IRL by authorities, most people are not street smart at all. So I believe we shouldn't expect or use that against them in reports just because ICly their character didn't do the best crime it looks stupid in my opinion.

The other rule of this topic is the vehicle rule with mugging someone. I believe this isn't much realistic at all just to gatekeep from people doing this in roleplay, most people use vehicles IRL when doing stick-ups. Either that would be rolling up on the person they see as a target or fleeing in that vehicle. Most people even use their own vehicles in the crimes, which is stupid, but as I touched upon earlier that most people do mistakes in their crimes.  

Let me know what y'all thoughts are. I could write more on this subject explaining my reasoning, but y'all should get the point.

Reading the rules I don’t think anything you’ve described is actually against the rules. You don’t have to be a mastermind lol 

I'd be all for "making mistakes" if we had a realistic allowance for investigative resources. You want to do something that is risky and/or stupid in the commission of a crime? Alright, as long as police can use any provided recordings of the incident as a witness report or camera footage of what happened.

I'm all for realism, but there's a quick turnaround when the "we want realism" argument starts introducing realistic consequences for realistic risks. You want the possibility to take realistic risks, okay, that's doable as long as realistic consequences are also possible.

But they won't be.

We won't get more than a couple pages before someone says "Woah, that isn't balanced. It's a game, dude. We need balance so that it can be fun."

47 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Reading the rules I don’t think anything you’ve described is actually against the rules. You don’t have to be a mastermind lol 

For my first statement, I am correct. If you read through previous reports, people are getting punished frequently over their character being dumb with their robbery and making mistakes. (Not pulling off the best crime)

For my second suggestion, it obviously says:

1. Mugging - taking or attempting to take anything of value by force, threat of force, or by putting the victim in fear. This is done on foot, no usage of vehicles. For example, people shouldn't be rolling up in a car/cars for a basic mugging. (/rob) & (/mug

Everything I described was factual, that is set within the Robbing & Scamming rules and expectations. You don’t have to be a mastermind to throughly look, before making a comment questioning someone.

34 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

I'd be all for "making mistakes" if we had a realistic allowance for investigative resources. You want to do something that is risky and/or stupid in the commission of a crime? Alright, as long as police can use any provided recordings of the incident as a witness report or camera footage of what happened.

I'm all for realism, but there's a quick turnaround when the "we want realism" argument starts introducing realistic consequences for realistic risks. You want the possibility to take realistic risks, okay, that's doable as long as realistic consequences are also possible.

But they won't be.

We won't get more than a couple pages before someone says "Woah, that isn't balanced. It's a game, dude. We need balance so that it can be fun."

Appreciate the response, we could allow mistakes to happen during the robbery. But the individual has to leave /cim’s of there mistakes, things like that. Or PM the reporting authorities that went to the scene, or the robbery victim there mistakes they left.

That’s fair enough and agreeable.

• imi locked this topic