Mobile property entrance for the BF Surfer - (Like the RV)

I recently got my hands on a BF surfer for roleplay, and my current goal is to turn it into my characters mobile home, I want to add furnishing to it, like a bed/couch, mini fridge, portable stove, and I believe that it would add to the roleplay experience for this by allowing me to map the BF Surfers interior and actually allow me to go in there, in addition, It would make it so I don't have to run a lengthy /do every time someone new sees my car so I can establish its interior. So I believe that doing something like the RV's portable inside to the BF Surfer would be a good addition to roleplay for everyone.

Sorry for not using correct format, I didn't realise that there was one*

Not sure if posting this as a reply will help, but here

Suggestion template

Detailed Description

I recently got my hands on a BF surfer for roleplay, and my current goal is to turn it into my characters mobile home, I want to add furnishing to it, like a bed/couch, mini fridge, portable stove, and I believe that it would add to the roleplay experience for this by allowing me to map the BF Surfers interior and actually allow me to go in there, in addition, It would make it so I don't have to run a lengthy /do every time someone new sees my car so I can establish its interior. So I believe that doing something like the RV's portable inside to the BF Surfer would be a good addition to roleplay for everyone.

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

More immersive roleplay experience for people wanting to add interior to their BF Surfer

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, SirPogger said:

Sorry for not using correct format, I didn't realise that there was one*

Not sure if posting this as a reply will help, but here

Suggestion template

Detailed Description

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

More immersive roleplay experience for people wanting to add interior to their BF Surfer

+1

It’s a cool idea, it really is. But I don’t see how something like this could work.

The BF Surfer is a very small vehicle. It’s not an RV, your character is literally taller than the roof when you’re standing up. The vehicle’s length is literally maybe 1.5 meters long at most. Meaning, you’re gonna have absolutely no space to walk around inside, and furnishing it with custom furniture would be impossible. There’s just not enough space. The only way it could work is if the interior is noticeably larger than the vehicle appears to be on the outside, which this’ll just be immersion breaking.

This sounds awesome. This is personally one of the things my characters used to do, back on SA: MP and I always had to roleplay owning a van with an interior - I even added a mod on the RV on GTA SA to look more realistic. The problem is the script here - how can we do that? I mean, a vehicle it's a moving object, and it's hard to map an interior to an object that moves around. If it's possible to add an interior to this, I'd love to see it in game, especially for county role-play.

+1

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ScarletRose said:

It’s a cool idea, it really is. But I don’t see how something like this could work.

The BF Surfer is a very small vehicle. It’s not an RV, your character is literally taller than the roof when you’re standing up. The vehicle’s length is literally maybe 1.5 meters long at most. Meaning, you’re gonna have absolutely no space to walk around inside, and furnishing it with custom furniture would be impossible. There’s just not enough space. The only way it could work is if the interior is noticeably larger than the vehicle appears to be on the outside, which this’ll just be immersion breaking.

I mean the actual BF surfer in real life (Volkswagen type 2) has been used as a motor home by many people in real life -- Images attatched -- But it shows that with the right organisational skills, you could pull it off, In addition, there may not be much room but there are parts of the van that you could rpingly remove to make room, In addition, You could justify doing things like a sofa-bed, To actually get inside the property, the roof may have to be raised a tiny bit, But It most likely isn't going to be a massively immersion breaking, I believe that there is just about enough room to add immersion to the roleplay.

image.png.37b4310152a5bdc7ee621b394cebdfb3.png

30 minutes ago, SirPogger said:

I mean the actual BF surfer in real life (Volkswagen type 2) has been used as a motor home by many people in real life -- Images attatched -- But it shows that with the right organisational skills, you could pull it off, In addition, there may not be much room but there are parts of the van that you could rpingly remove to make room, In addition, You could justify doing things like a sofa-bed, To actually get inside the property, the roof may have to be raised a tiny bit, But It most likely isn't going to be a massively immersion breaking, I believe that there is just about enough room to add immersion to the roleplay.

image.png.37b4310152a5bdc7ee621b394cebdfb3.png

Oh wow, that actually looks pretty cozy. 😮

Again, it’s a very cool idea. Just that the space might be problematic. GTA V is not real life and in GTA V, objects and characters don’t have pixel perfect collision boxes. The GTA character model needs about a foot or two of free space in each direction to be able to move and turn. The size of the interior would need to be noticeably larger than the exterior in order to not have collision issues with your character getting stuck on things or being unable to move or turn.

And that’s the main concern. Making the interior large enough to support a player character model and perhaps furniture, without it being too large that it breaks immersion, won’t be easy for the devs. It’s not a lot of space to work with.

Edited by ScarletRose