Add the fire department back to /onduty

On 4/10/2022 at 3:53 PM, Viscaria said:

There's a couple of assumptions made here that I'd like to address being former FD for over 2 years.

It was mentioned that FD are gatekeeping roleplay, this however isn't true whatsoever. FD has, throughout the entire time I was a part of the faction, looked to share their roleplay with other factions where possible, PD and SD got their own limited amount of Paramedics, all other LEO agencies got their own aerial units that were allowed to respond to medevac calls and even assist FD in these where appropriate, LEO's can also even join FD's medevacs as flight crew should they be trained for it and FD lacks the players currently. LEO agencies also have their own BLS trained officers. PHMC became an official faction, got their own ambulances. The statement that FD are gatekeeping is a comment made without the knowledge behind how FD has operated I'm afraid, they've always been accepting of feedback and have looked to amend any issues while keeping what is best for the server in mind.

FD's biggest problem has always been a lack of enough members to cover the amount of calls it receives, while the faction has always done its best to respond to them, often times its just impossible to respond to them all, therefore it was decided a long time ago that the faction would focus on calls that they can respond to and provide a stellar experience to that one scene rather than racing around the city and rushing roleplay to respond to the many. Ask yourself if you would prefer some good FD roleplay on your scene, or for it to be rushed and your character thrown in an ambulance and quickly transported to hospital.

The suggestion for FD to go back to being shown on /onduty I also don't agree with, this was a topic that was lightly discussed a few times while I was in the faction, I'm personally glad that this finally went through. Countless times before our members were harassed with unfair expectancy and it can often become quite demoralizing, especially to those who are spending a lot of time and effort roleplaying in the faction. The attitude we were getting just constantly kept ramping up, and its actually one of the reasons I resigned.

The system currently in place works just fine for other agencies requesting FD presence, while sending an NPC isn't ideal, its the best alternative to situations where its quite literally impossible to send players the faction just doesn't have. This script works with or without any FD on duty, so I don't see the issue.

Viscaria said really well here.

I'm speaking as a person who received countless PMs of "where is the 15 FD online atm and not my call??"

And I was also shown evidence it was used toxicly against us in various game related chats such as the /f, something along the lines of: "FD has 20 people on duty but they still NPC my scene."

I'm afraid it's better gone.

This...just make it so the counter only counts members of the faction above a certain rank and on duty? Not really rocket science?  And if people are using it to bash FD just punish them?  Always had quality RP experiences myself with FD, if they ain't got the manpower then they just have to keep growing.. I'd rather have some RP be it low quality rather than just NPC..I don't care if it is rushed aslong as they tell me first, it's fine because I undestand.

Edited by CertifiedKiller

All that is required is what Biscuit said.

Add information of ONLINE or OFFLINE.

It addresses all of your issues whilst addressing the reason for the change at the same time. Cause no matter what staff is online, be it an EMS or not. Your departmental has to be answered as its policy that even if you're the only one on duty and even if you're not able to respond, regardless of rank. Departmentals must be responded to.

So if you see them online? Great, you know to radio over. If not? Great, you don't got to.

Edited by KaythPlus