Add the fire department back to /onduty

Against this suggestion. 

The /onduty command don't reflect properly the numbers of FD on duty. This number shouldn't be a thing you determine your actions by it. 

PHMC staff is included in it because they were given the LSFD faction flag so they could gain access to certain command. 

LSFD has a variety of different staff positions within it that are non emergency staff, so basing your actions by it is just wrong.   

11 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

we've all gotten the ooc pm's from angry cops about being npc'd, but that /onduty text was incredibly useful for anyone thinking about creating interesting scenes involving EMS or Fire, and the lack of it makes it a struggle-bus for anyone trying to do something better than getting shot and it hurts the server overall.

This is one of the reasons this was removed as well. If other factions could of been respectful enough to take LSFD's word on their availability and not send PMs full with hate cause they have to NPC, then LSFD wouldn't request changes of this sort.

Any major situations such as events, fires etc. usually requires an admin approval anyway, admins can quite easily figure out how many people are on duty to allow / deny such situation.

My questions to the suggestion maker are ,

Why is it so mandatory to show FD on duty to a point where you cannot perform your duties properly? 

Why FD must be shown but PD/SD/SFM and pretty much almost every other legal government faction must be hidden? 

Why I can (and must) go through the hassle to find out if there are no LEOs online or if I am being ignored cause said factions are not shown, and you cant do the same?

Edited by Sharvit
12 hours ago, Biscuit said:

I'm against this.

There's a reason why PD, SD and other LEO entities have their counters removed, same reason is applied to FD. It's a fake number 99% of the time. Which believe it or not, causes people to react a certain way when they get told that nobody's available.

Here's a breakdown: 17 FD online

- 3 are lifeguards

- 2 are civilians

- 8 are training

- 3 are unavailable

- 1 is available

Here's what would be a good solution to the issue, whenever you /onduty, it simply states:
FD: ONLINE | FD: OFFLINE

I think it's a good alternative to the issue.

Following this logic /onduty shouldnt even exist in the first place.

Taxi drivers are mostly afk in their taxis, not actively taking requests so its also a fake number 99% of the time

Mechanics just shows the current amount of players online since everyone has the job, you might as well look at the bottom of your screen

It doesnt really matter how many coroners are online because due to the amount of dead bodies everywhere most of the time they wont even be able to get around to your request within a reasonable time period

According to others PHMC falls under the FD count so im not sure why hospital is a thing

14 minutes ago, Shokkoth said:

Following this logic /onduty shouldnt even exist in the first place.

Taxi drivers are mostly afk in their taxis, not actively taking requests so its also a fake number 99% of the time

Mechanics just shows the current amount of players online since everyone has the job, you might as well look at the bottom of your screen

It doesnt really matter how many coroners are online because due to the amount of dead bodies everywhere most of the time they wont even be able to get around to your request within a reasonable time period

According to others PHMC falls under the FD count so im not sure why hospital is a thing

I agree, hence why my suggestion.

PHMC, by the way, has 2 sections, EMS and Clinical/Hospital Staff, EMS fall under FD count, Hospital Staff fall under Hospital count.

1 minute ago, Valkyria said:

I don't see why not. If it's a player courtesy problem of "angry cops PMing you", then I strongly suggest making a player report and/or bringing it up with Legal Faction Management.

You are fixating on one thing and not taking everything that was said into account. 

Just now, Sharvit said:

You are fixating on one thing and not taking everything that was said into account. 

Your points are more fitting for a different suggestion thread. You quoted a poster specifically about out of character messages pertinent to the Fire Department availability. I addressed that. Nothing more. Nothing less. I am still in support of the suggestion as it stands.

There's a couple of assumptions made here that I'd like to address being former FD for over 2 years.

It was mentioned that FD are gatekeeping roleplay, this however isn't true whatsoever. FD has, throughout the entire time I was a part of the faction, looked to share their roleplay with other factions where possible, PD and SD got their own limited amount of Paramedics, all other LEO agencies got their own aerial units that were allowed to respond to medevac calls and even assist FD in these where appropriate, LEO's can also even join FD's medevacs as flight crew should they be trained for it and FD lacks the players currently. LEO agencies also have their own BLS trained officers. PHMC became an official faction, got their own ambulances. The statement that FD are gatekeeping is a comment made without the knowledge behind how FD has operated I'm afraid, they've always been accepting of feedback and have looked to amend any issues while keeping what is best for the server in mind.

FD's biggest problem has always been a lack of enough members to cover the amount of calls it receives, while the faction has always done its best to respond to them, often times its just impossible to respond to them all, therefore it was decided a long time ago that the faction would focus on calls that they can respond to and provide a stellar experience to that one scene rather than racing around the city and rushing roleplay to respond to the many. Ask yourself if you would prefer some good FD roleplay on your scene, or for it to be rushed and your character thrown in an ambulance and quickly transported to hospital.

The suggestion for FD to go back to being shown on /onduty I also don't agree with, this was a topic that was lightly discussed a few times while I was in the faction, I'm personally glad that this finally went through. Countless times before our members were harassed with unfair expectancy and it can often become quite demoralizing, especially to those who are spending a lot of time and effort roleplaying in the faction. The attitude we were getting just constantly kept ramping up, and its actually one of the reasons I resigned.

The system currently in place works just fine for other agencies requesting FD presence, while sending an NPC isn't ideal, its the best alternative to situations where its quite literally impossible to send players the faction just doesn't have. This script works with or without any FD on duty, so I don't see the issue.

• Applaud 4

So it seems like the only useful part of FD being shown on /onduty was to hint if enough were available for a fire or some interesting creative medical RP.  Maybe there could be a toggle for FD like "/openforfires".  Which means FD feels they have enough online right now for a fire or something similar.  Then if you get swamped, toggle it off for a while. Then in onduty it could show something like "FD: Available".  If not toggled, it shows nothing as now.