Add the fire department back to /onduty

Detailed Description

/onduty used to display the amount of on-duty fire department members. Revert it back. 

Relevant Commands/Items

/onduty

How will it benefit the server?

It helps determine whether law enforcement agencies should /report for a NPC ambulance or not. There was no clear reason on why or when it was removed.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

Should be a thing. Not just for the FD.

For sake of transparency- oh wait a second...

17 minutes ago, BINGBONGBALONEY said:

I love having an entire forum section dedicated to changelogs that never shows half of the changes made.

Nevermind transparency, right. But yes for the FD at least please 😋

Definitely not. Mainly the "FD Online" wouldn't showcase the actual members of FD that are on, it could be from Civilian Staff, PHMC (Yes PHMC counts towards the FD count), etc. It is better the way it is right now. There's a mutual aid explaining what needs to be done if you get no response from FD, PHMC can also assist aswell.

LEO agencies are not showcased either in /onduty, we see no problem in contacting over radio even if we don't get an answer back when units are needed.

I understand where you come from, but it is better this way.

• Upvote 1

I'm against this.

There's a reason why PD, SD and other LEO entities have their counters removed, same reason is applied to FD. It's a fake number 99% of the time. Which believe it or not, causes people to react a certain way when they get told that nobody's available.

Here's a breakdown: 17 FD online

- 3 are lifeguards

- 2 are civilians

- 8 are training

- 3 are unavailable

- 1 is available

Here's what would be a good solution to the issue, whenever you /onduty, it simply states:
FD: ONLINE | FD: OFFLINE

I think it's a good alternative to the issue.

Edited by Biscuit
  • Upvote 7
15 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

I'm against this.

There's a reason why PD, SD and other LEO entities have their counters removed, same reason is applied to FD. It's a fake number 99% of the time. Which believe it or not, causes people to react a certain way when they get told that nobody's available.

- 3 are lifeguards

- 2 are civilians

- 8 are training

- 3 are unavailable

- 1 is available

Here's what would be a good solution to the issue, whenever you /onduty, it simply states:

thats not really a solution either because what if the only people online are PIO or lifeguards?

A significant change to the duty script would have to be made b4 FD can be added back to /onduty

How I would do it:
/fduty lifeguard

/fduty civ

/fduty training

/fduty reg

then if anyone has their status as onscene they will not be shown anyways

4 minutes ago, Junx said:

thats not really a solution either because what if the only people online are PIO or lifeguards?

A significant change to the duty script would have to be made b4 FD can be added back to /onduty

How I would do it:
/fduty lifeguard

/fduty civ

/fduty training

/fduty reg

then if anyone has their status as onscene they will not be shown anyways

As a developer, that's just... Too complicated honestly for such a small problem.

Lifeguards are trained to respond to city calls if nobody's available, so that's not much of an issue. Civilian staff are not allowed to go on-duty if there's no FD online.

But WHENEVER there is someone on duty, Metro MUST be answered (/dep calls). So 9/10 times, you'll always get an answer when you call for Metro.

I would not at all be against this if PD and all other factions get themselves added back /onduty, but they are using pretty much the same excuse as FD when it comes to refusing so-- yeah.

Also, just as a note for the thread author, you shouldn't /report for an NPC ambulance, you can /sendtohospital.

Edited by Biscuit
27 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

I'm against this.

- 3 are lifeguards

- 2 are civilians

- 8 are training

- 3 are unavailable

- 1 is available

What considers FD online though? Might be ironically causing the same issue you're trying to prevent in reverse.

I know I wouldn't want to set a fire if there's a single member of FD IG because both me and FD's missing out on RP, I'd wait for a time where I knew there'd be a realistic response by checking /onduty and being like hey, there's 6 > people online, now's a good time to justify this and provide everybody with a cool scenario.

If it's just a vague "online" from a single person FD online to a million you'd have normal players like me doing shit thinking there's an entire station ready to RP when there's a single guy online that's obviously not equip to respond to the situation and overall end in a shitty situation.

GTAW is terrified of legal factions having any sort of information be out there, you'd think they was real LEO's with this shit. 

Edited by BINGBONGBALONEY