FPS drops since Rockstar Launcher update

Marty

So since the rockstar launcher has updated, it has completely tanked my fps to the point that it's unplayable. I used to have 60-80fps, now I get 30fps and around 15-25fps while driving which really isn't okay in any shape or form. I have been asking around for any kind of solutions but I cannot find a solution whatsoever. All I know it's caused by the Rockstar launcher running open (which it never did before) which in terms eats my CPU and therefore limiting my performance. If I close the launcher through the task manager, my fps goes back to what it should be, but then it relaunches and my fps tanks again. I have tried reinstalling RageMP which did nothing, closed overlays, everything I could figure out, still no change. My last hope to find a solution is here, but I'm starting to think that the only solution that I may have is until RageMP devs push out a fix which I don't know if they will. So if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

And before anyone says upgrade X, no, that's not a possibility, nor should I be forced to do that because of bad updates. Every other game I play, works perfectly fine. 

Edited by Marty
On 4/9/2022 at 9:43 PM, Marty said:

All I know it's caused by the Rockstar launcher running open (which it never did before) which in terms eats my CPU and therefore limiting my performance.

Make sure "hibernate when a game is running" is ticked, in the settings of the rockstar launcher.   Then it goes to sleep when GTA5 is running.

2 hours ago, Paenymion said:

Make sure "hibernate when a game is running" is ticked, in the settings of the rockstar launcher.   Then it goes to sleep when GTA5 is running.

One of the first things I tried... Did not work. Launcher still stays running open.

So I been experimenting a bit, I found that if you open the rockstar launcher before, toggle off the hibernate (if enabled) and then back on, it will hibernate the launcher when you start ragemp. But its very tempermental and seems to ignore the setting after a while, so in other words, have to toggle that hibernate option before every time i want to play gtaw which is simply ridiculous, and even then, my fps still doesn't appear to be as good as it was before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Wuhtah locked this topic