Remove the clothing blacklist.

joshua

After seeing this post by Nervous, it really got me thinking:

uEaQNrU.png

The clothing blacklist literally does the thing that he's saying he doesn't want to do. Damaging the entire experience for all players just to avoid 1 abuse a day or week. Think hard about it - WHY do we need a clothing blacklist? Isn't this meant to be a high standards, realistic roleplay server - There is no clothing that exists in the server, blacklisted or not, that couldn't very easily be obtained IRL, available the next day even via Amazon if you really wanted. There's loads of blacklisted "LEO" clothing which doesn't actually need to be blacklisted. Plus... Why should the blacklist be there to block potential RP? What if someone does want to use one of the blacklisted clothing pieces to create some roleplay? It's probably the exact same thing that's happened in real life.

While I'm sure in there, there's some clothing items that likely no/hardly any civilians would get their hands on, mainly due to price - if anyone DOES abuse it, and does VERY stupid things with them - why not just ban them? Ajail them? How can we not trust a SERIOUS playerbase to use clothes realistically? It makes no sense.

I'm really wanting to get opinions on this, and most importantly - if this is something that management & Nervous don't wish to pursue, why does the screenshotted statement only apply when it's convenient to use?

The only ‘abuse’ I’ve seen is people impersonating cops which his absolutely hilarious and does happen in real life. Wouldn’t consider that a bad thing per say. Maybe if people got weird costumes but I just chalk that up to bad out-of-season Halloween pranks 

3 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

Because the "roleplay" that stems from such scenes is trollish at best and more often than not, a waste of time for everybody involved. Personally against this.

Prefacing that I know my experiences don't account for the server's playerbase's experiences, when the blacklist was completely disabled due to a bug with a clothing update around a year or more ago, we saw.. pretty much no abuse? I did run into two LEO impersonators iirc during the three or so days it was disabled, but their RP wasn't sub-par in any way that I remember. And I don't remember really hearing about any issues with people abusing it.

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

The only ‘abuse’ I’ve seen is people impersonating cops which his absolutely hilarious and does happen in real life. Wouldn’t consider that a bad thing per say. Maybe if people got weird costumes but I just chalk that up to bad out-of-season Halloween pranks 

I know the server HATES that alien costume and the weird pink Buzz Lightyear guy, but I don't see why they can't be RP'd as in-lore costumes, just as you said. Same way we had like 80% of the world's population dressing as a fucking squid game guard last Halloween. It happens? I don't see what the issue is with costumes that management have.