The problem of money being both IC And OOC

Lurleen

On 4/24/2022 at 6:45 PM, doble_brown said:

200k for any char to start with, is the biggest problem of this server.

Blips behind paywall is the second.

If anything the 200K is too low. AM I just supposed to roleplay being homeless until I have enough money to buy a place?

Properties are crazy expensive, houses go for 3 million. With a job like a LEO that pays 160k a month, you're looking at roleplaying here for 2-3 years before you can afford a house. That's insane.

PM needs to start taxing people with multiple house HEAVILY and establish more rigid limits on how much you can sell a property for. A house that cost 300,000 $ when the server opened selling for 3 million is ridiculous. That's way too big a growth.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

If anything the 200K is too low. AM I just supposed to roleplay being homeless until I have enough money to buy a place?

Properties are crazy expensive, houses go for 3 million. With a job like a LEO that pays 160k a month, you're looking at roleplaying here for 2-3 years before you can afford a house. That's insane.

PM needs to start taxing people with multiple house HEAVILY and establish more rigid limits on how much you can sell a property for. A house that cost 300,000 $ when the server opened selling for 3 million is ridiculous. That's way too big a growth.

An apartment can cost as low as $105k. You don't /need/ a house.

2 minutes ago, Vassilios said:

An apartment can cost as low as $105k. You don't /need/ a house.

I mean, true. But why does Joseph Simmons need to have 1 house in Davis that's being renovated, 1 house in Vespucci for his personal endeavors and 3 others scattered around, it took me hunting down and watching the map like a hawk to get a house in Rancho, and I bet you like...a good percentage of those cribs are owned by people that dont rp in the area

Just now, ZaE said:

I mean, true. But why does Joseph Simmons need to have 1 house in Davis that's being renovated, 1 house in Vespucci for his personal endeavors and 3 others scattered around, it took me hunting down and watching the map like a hawk to get a house in Rancho, and I bet you like...a good percentage of those cribs are owned by people that dont rp in the area

I am in no way saying that people should have multiple houses and that should definitely be cracked down upon.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Vassilios said:

I am in no way saying that people should have multiple houses and that should definitely be cracked down upon.

Yeah I get you, i didnt think you were endorsing it, nobody really likes that, i just just adding my piece tbh ❤️ 

its a problem thats been going on for SOOOOO long and needs to get cracked down more and more often, less worried about inactivity on peoples characters and more about the fell an Italian man that owns 4 nightclubs owned a flat in Rancho

19 minutes ago, Vassilios said:

I think I've recommended this before either on Discord or here and everybody was butthurt that they'd lose their money as if I was taking away their real life money.

i was punished for saying it in the discord