The problem of money being both IC And OOC

Lurleen

2 minutes ago, PrinceCane said:

Edt: They might as well make blips purchasable thru Panda Points.

This is also fair, as long as it is achievable for the average player who do not/cannot purchase Gold donator. An option to only purchase the ability to post ads would be so good.

8 minutes ago, StiffChocl8 said:

This is also fair, as long as it is achievable for the average player who do not/cannot purchase Gold donator. An option to only purchase the ability to post ads would be so good.

Have the ability to purchase blips and exterior furniture. It could promote activity since we get a daily 5 panda points

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

We're playing in a setting based on capitalist America, not communist China.

That's poor reasoning. The server has rules. Even if America has mass shooters, DMing 20 people in Pillbox Hill would get you banned. Those rules exist to keep the server fun and fair.

Houses that have a market value of 300K selling for 10 times what they were purchased for is madness.

And in real life your 5th house comes with costs that simply don't exist on this server. You don't need to pay taxes or maintenance. House flippers can own those properties and wait until they can sell them for an infinite amount. That fucks up the economy, gives them a huge advantage and is simply unfun to deal with as a normal player that just wants to own a house for the purposes of roleplay.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

That's poor reasoning. The server has rules. Even if America has mass shooters, DMing 20 people in Pillbox Hill would get you banned. Those rules exist to keep the server fun and fair.

Houses that have a market value of 300K selling for 10 times what they were purchased for is madness.

And in real life your 5th house comes with costs that simply don't exist on this server. You don't need to pay taxes or maintenance. House flippers can own those properties and wait until they can sell them for an infinite amount. That fucks up the economy, gives them a huge advantage and is simply unfun to deal with as a normal player that just wants to own a house for the purposes of roleplay.

I agree, pateuvasiliu.

Edited by RufioCas
  • Upvote 1
On 5/28/2022 at 2:07 AM, pateuvasiliu said:

We’re talking about property, kind of a strawman to do whataboutery. There are server rules that prohibit mass DMing for good reason.

As for taxes on multiple properties, that’s an IC issue.

Raise a suggestion to the senate if you want extra taxes.

That’s far more productive that complaining OOCly on the forums about an issue which can be handled IC and will lead to far more RP.

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy
On 5/29/2022 at 12:23 PM, Alyssa McCarthy said:

That’s far more productive that complaining OOCly on the forums about an issue which can be handled IC and will lead to far more RP.

Yeah, let’s leave it up to people IC that can appeal the tax, put it back in, take it back out. Then we can have a bipolar housing market that switches between total shit and less shit! Not to mention it’s not a completely IC problem. 

*sigh*

Sometimes things simply can’t be 100% IC. Housing market is one of them. 

Edited by Brofessor

I tend to write a lot, and in detail about things like that. I don't feel like writing a lot about business blips again.

So I'll just shamelessly cross post - To me, blips being behind a paywall is one of the biggest problem this server has in terms of the way people are able to interact with one another. If you feel like taking a look, be my guest, if not, it's all good you can move on. Sorry if it breaks a rule, but all of my points are there and mindlessly copying/pasting them would be counter-intuitive in my eyes and would be more annoying/spam-y.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Mistery14 said:

I tend to write a lot, and in detail about things like that. I don't feel like writing a lot about business blips again.

So I'll just shamelessly cross post - To me, blips being behind a paywall is one of the biggest problem this server has in terms of the way people are able to interact with one another. If you feel like taking a look, be my guest, if not, it's all good you can move on. Sorry if it breaks a rule, but all of my points are there and mindlessly copying/pasting them would be counter-intuitive in my eyes and would be more annoying/spam-y.

Unfortunately its not changing. Not even the slightest possibility 😪

Per: https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/75764-opinionsfeedback-the-leasing-side-of-property-management/

Business blips will always be a donation feature! No changing this, please don't complain about it. The server needs money to run!

Wuhtah is trying to see if /openbusiness can be linked to the list of "Open Businesses" that shows up through the I menu, so that's at least something.

On 6/3/2022 at 10:00 AM, Brofessor said:

Wuhtah is trying to see if /openbusiness can be linked to the list of "Open Businesses" that shows up through the I menu, so that's at least something.

I thought this was the case all this time. So how can player put their business in that list? With /bad?