The problem of money being both IC And OOC

Lurleen

The amount of money on the top right of your screen is a imaginary number that can help shape whatever type of roleplay you’re going for in assets(Living in the county, South Central, buying a RV, shitbox, ect) Losing all your assets from a CK would probably kill off a player base but anyways:

On 4/7/2022 at 2:38 PM, Ministry said:

If it ain't (too) broken it don't need fixing

Secondly I feel that owning a business should give you access to blips upon admin request instead of a paywall

Edited by PrinceCane

Panda points were created as a means for people to gain access to so-called paywalled content for free by rewarding those who are regularly on the server with different perks, or the ability to exchange them for WP. It actually opens up some options for loyal players who might not have much to spend at the end of the month. For those who do have money, either spend it or don't. It's pretty simple.

As for making IC & OOC money that's just an extremely silly and overcomplicated idea to fix a problem that isn't there. As for the economy? That's a different issue altogether, and 'separating money' won't solve it. 

roleplay it accordingly. not all your money has to be physical usable money from your character. otherwise your char would just get rich unrealistically. put a little research into the salary/wealth of whatever you're rping typically and then just go based off that. my poorest char still has like 300k in the bank but i only rp maybe 20 of it. she struggles to get by in an apartment and has a barely working admiral classic. but i could afford much more if i rped it. it's all in how it's used. it facilitates rp sometimes, other times it just sits there not needing to be used. it's just a number. it doesn't matter.

the bad roleplayers that are unable to handle that concept shouldn't be the example used to punish everyone else - doing that's already caused enough dumb rules/behavior.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with croozer. Buying (il)legal things is not even the challenge anymore when everybody has millions. If you want, you have the money to buy a firearm or a car or a mansion or whatever and at the same time people selling don't really "need" to sell them for any reason outside of providing roleplay. I wish there was some kind of reset (doesn't have to be a total wipe) to balance things a bit more.

• Upvote 1

I disagree with everything but the blip. Tried to make a business of the mapping and actually RP but it didn't work out cause of he rule of not being able to sell the house/apartment right away for full price when it was done. Was gonna have several people RP building the building I'm mapping but after the rule came it didn't happen.

Mapping taking shit ton of time and some projects can take several months. I have X amount of cash in my bank and even if I got the money "easy/little effort of RP" I still RP broke. Idk about the money tbh and find it more fun to struggle my way up. But even if I do take a few projects here and there to help people get their apartment done so they can enjoy their own RP I don't map for free.

The CK part about you loosing everything when you die is just stupid. Some people use several months to earn their money. Running businesses is not only a IC thing but an OOC thing too. Finding people that are able to work for you ain't easy, not to speak about the quality of RP.

"And maybe in the future you could exchange these ooc points for real dollars?" <- How do you mean this is gonna work out even if the majority of people are well established and maybe don't need the money?

Instead business owners should be able to pay IC cash to for an example advertisement company for the blips. Only thing I agreed with.